Joe Con 2012

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
The first person to greet Destro in issue #57 of the Marvel run (his return to Castle Destro after the destruction of PIT II) is referred to as Sergeant Major. There's also one he talks to several times during the Cobra Civil War (late 70s from the Marvel run), actually in IG gear at that point. I'd be willing to bet he shows up again later, too.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hmm, alright. I hadn't heard heads or tails of him up until this point.

I dropped off on my ARAH comic reading. I have the TPBs up to issue 100 or so, I guess I need to pick back up. I haven't gotten to the goofy IG "goodness" yet. Maybe it will make me like them more, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the info, Fogger!

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
The first person to greet Destro in issue #57 of the Marvel run (his return to Castle Destro after the destruction of PIT II) is referred to as Sergeant Major. There's also one he talks to several times during the Cobra Civil War (late 70s from the Marvel run), actually in IG gear at that point. I'd be willing to bet he shows up again later, too.

hrrumph…. it should be a Colour Sgt… they're Scottish after all.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

Back when they all wore the kilts and berets. I kind oh wished they would release an IG kilt troop builder

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Hmm, alright. I hadn't heard heads or tails of him up until this point.

I dropped off on my ARAH comic reading. I have the TPBs up to issue 100 or so, I guess I need to pick back up. I haven't gotten to the goofy IG "goodness" yet. Maybe it will make me like them more, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the info, Fogger!

No problem. One of those random things I remember (although I had to confirm it with the trades).

hrrumph…. it should be a Colour Sgt… they're Scottish after all.

Sorry. I'll tell Hama next time I see him.

Back when they all wore the kilts and berets. I kind oh wished they would release an IG kilt troop builder

Yeah, that was the first appearance of those.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think if that repainted Dragonhawk had the laser cannon from that Yearbook issue, I'd be a little more interested in it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Where did the coloration for the Dragonhawk repaint come from? That looks awful, and I liked the ROC DH. (With missiles in, don't shoot me!)

It just doesn't seem to go with the truck and cycle aesthetic. The cycle is somewhere mid-ground, the truck is 1960s at best, and the chopper is 2020+, but that paint job looks wacky.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
- Carded Footloose (GIJCC Member Exclusive - 500 Units) $30
- Cobra Stealth Paratrooper (500 Units) $30
- Iron Grenadiers Annihilator 3 pack (650 Units) $69
- Iron Grenadiers Ground Assault 2 Pack (1,000 Units) $58
- Oktober Guard Attack Helicopter (600 Units) $75
- Soviet Convoy Truck with 3 Tops (500 Units) $99

:wtf:

At least I can start on my Dragonsky custom. Nothing fancy just repainted RoC Charbroil with a bald head. Maybe I will just dremel the comic pack's head. I already have a custom helmet by Alyosha.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
-The chopper looks awful. I'll keep waiting on PTE to do a Hind.
-Annihilators are a big disappointment. I was expecting something different.
-I like the convoy truck... but $99?! I bought a spare Indy truck for $20 back when they were on shelves just for this purpose. And why would any of the three factions advertise on the side of their secret cargo truck? I'm thinking the Indy truck works better!

All these con exclusives are not what I expected. If it weren't for the five original OG members, I'd be doing a huge pass on Joecon 2012 in it's entirety.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I kinda like the Helicopter. the COlours remind me of this:

Love the Annihilators, so orange and purple. Just like I remember them.

All of it is too expensive for me to bother with though. And I'm not a member of the club either.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
30$ carded. Do they sell them loose also?

Yeah, for $44.:rolleyes:

But that ship sailed months ago with the Club membership. eBay prices for loose Footloose run north of $150 already.

Expect the carded ones to run upwards of $250. I don't mind paying extra, or even a premium for some of these items, but the secondary pricing has just gotten insane in the last few years with dickfaces trying to recoup the costs of their vacations with the exclusives.

-I like the convoy truck... but $99?! I bought a spare Indy truck for $20 back when they were on shelves just for this purpose. And why would any of the three factions advertise on the side of their secret cargo truck? I'm thinking the Indy truck works better!

All these con exclusives are not what I expected. If it weren't for the five original OG members, I'd be doing a huge pass on Joecon 2012 in it's entirety.

Yep, except for the Indy truck. I didn't buy one, even on clearance. I'm actually surprised they're not doing a Dragonsky. Watch the Club Subscription Service's 13th figure be Dragonsky, now.

Last edited:

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
$25 loose but you need to be a club member already.

Well, and in attendance at the Con (for the time being). Rumor is that they may sell some on their site after the Con, but who knows. My fingers are crossed that is the case. But yes, $25-30 in addition to being a Club member, if that happens. Otherwise, eBay :(

Don't you dare give them that idea!!! :talktothehand:

Oh, it's already in the works if it happens. Well, whenever the FSS happens. :rolleyes:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

That truck can be had on Ebay for $50. But I do see some scalpers marking them up because of the exclusives.

I personally don't like the truck. I know they love making the OG into old Soviet but I don't see them using a truck from the 1930's. I mean it's not like they're the Cuban Guard.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I was just wasting time and sanity on HT, and it sounds like the Darklon 2-pack was under-represented at the Con, and folks are having to send in yellow slips to have them shipped to them. How the fuck do you have back orders on Con exclusives at the Con?

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I was just wasting time and sanity on HT, and it sounds like the Darklon 2-pack was under-represented at the Con, and folks are having to send in yellow slips to have them shipped to them. How the fuck do you have back orders on Con exclusives at the Con?
They were supposed to have 1000 sets!
Last year's prices & numbers...
# Relampago and gatilho: LE 650 $45
# PP Stinger with PP Motor Viper 500 $60
# PP Water moccasin LE 400 $35
# MOC Dial-Tone LE 600 $25
# Silver edition Cobra Commander LE 500 $22
# PP Tele Viper parachute trooper LE 500 $20

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Where did the coloration for the Dragonhawk repaint come from? That looks awful, and I liked the ROC DH. (With missiles in, don't shoot me!)

I believe it's very closely patterened after the Hind the Czech's had at Tiger Meet '98

I'm pretty sure the Bbi Target Hind had the same livery.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I personally don't like the truck. I know they love making the OG into old Soviet but I don't see them using a truck from the 1930's. I mean it's not like they're the Cuban Guard.

I like the truck because in my head, the OG is still stuck in 1984, and they are the cold war era USSR guys... not the new "friendly" russians. So in that sense, it's less ridiculous that they'd be driving a WWII truck at that time than it is in present day.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
That cobra paratrooper is pretty wicked. Should have been what we got as the retaliation trooper.

It's the same only all black with red sigils on the front chute pouch and left chest. The head is all black with amber goggles

Last edited:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
That cobra paratrooper is pretty wicked. Should have been what we got as the retaliation trooper.

It's the same only all black with red sigils on the front chute pouch and left chest. The head is all black with amber goggles

I agree! I have ZERO Ret Cobra troopers...but if they looked like these...I'd have several. :thumbsup:

My sons would love these as well - but I assume they will not be cheap either...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Theres a few I'd like to get, but I'm not willing to part with a months worth of paychecks getting them from scalplers...freaking douchebags...

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
there looks to be some good figs coming. First impressions are similar to how I observed POC debuts

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
there looks to be some good figs coming. First impressions are similar to how I observed POC debuts

What are you seeing? So far I've seen some Retaliation figs we've already seen, and some "Concept Vault" stuff that's not getting made.