Joe Con 2012

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Probably variants I'm the one that said Wave 2...

Also, see the pic of Flint with a green parachute - great figure, decent head sculpt. Man I fucking loved playing with the parachutes when I was a kid. I also had a couple of Fisher-Price chutes I used as well. I'll have to stock up on a few of these so my kids and I can throw them out the second floor window.

I will be buying that Flint!

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Also, see the pic of Flint with a green parachute - great figure, decent head sculpt. Man I fucking loved playing with the parachutes when I was a kid. I also had a couple of Fisher-Price chutes I used as well. I'll have to stock up on a few of these so my kids and I can throw them out the second floor window.

Is that who that is? Looks a hell of a lot better than the version I thought we were getting. Is this an upgrade or a different release?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I love just about everything they just shown. I don't like that version of SE but between him and the new Eel, we'll get our first GI Joe muscle toned legs so we're not stuck with using crappy Marvel.

The Crimson Guard is okay but I just want that Russian assault rifle just so I can pretend it's an ADS amphibious assault rifle.

I love the camo patterns too. There's a lot more detail than in previous versions but I am a little urked that these versions of Flint, Duke, RB and the cobra trooper are the later waves when these are the versions we would have wanted instead.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
BTW. the people that actually do play with the parachutes, there's a cheap line of 1/18 approximate parachute figures with better working chutes. They even come with a tube launcher. I bet it's not hard to make it work with these joes.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
No, but Gyre over on the tank posted some pics a while back and it's the same 6 figures, but just repaints. Green Cobra Trooper, White and Orange SS, etc.

I thought the trooper was blue with the comic colored webgear.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like the night landing in concpet, but it doesn't work in execution. That raft will barely fit a ME figure, much less a crate full of small arms.

It really makes me wish Bbi's assault boat was still on the market. Or that 21st had released that PBR.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
Check out the various boats of True Heroes. They will be a cool addition to your COBRA Navy and also get that Eeel with his crate of weapons ashore.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've seen them. They don't work simply because I know there's a better option. If I was seriously considering maritime figures I could suck it up, though. Anything is better than Hasbro, especially that damn-near 30 year old Cobra Night Landing.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
My son wants the Eel set, I want a fire team of ultimate Duke, several ultimate Fireflies, the Tactical team as custom fodder and the combat Ninja.
Besides, Joe Colton and Lady Jaye.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I'm a little disappointed that after 27 years, Hasbro still has not improved CG's hollowed-out backpack. It looked odd in 1985, and it looks terrible in 2012.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone noticed the undead ninjas are represented in the Combat Force line, as is zombie CC?

And man, that Ultimate Firefly is kind of lackluster. Duke is kind of growing on me, though.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I would have accepted the ff motorcycle jacket look if he had a sweater underneath.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'm glad they did mini figs. Combat Heroes were a huge success so these can now carry the line! Excellent move! :rolleyes:

What is the drone coming with? At least they are showing that. The Night Landing would only be good for the accessories and that's if the price is right. Anything past $12 and I'll hold out until it hits "elsewhere".

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Thanks. You mean the rolled up pants Duke? That seems to be proper military fashion. Are those JNCO's he's wearing? I'd hate to see playa' have to tuck his pants in his boot.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
This guy is going to look dope when I cut the anaemic Fastmags off and slap a decent rack of chest webbing on him. Hydration system or a cool assault pack on his back, a SCAR in his hands, decent head on him, an inkwash and some drybrushing and he'll be my stock Trooper.

Attachments

• Ultimate-Duke.jpg
    Ultimate-Duke.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 19

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's right, he does.

Damn, box set version for me, then.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
And that Duke is a pretty cool figure but should the bottom of his pants be rolled up like that? I thought that you don't want anything loose near your boot so it doesn't get caught on things?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
IRL, sure. But this is G.I. Joe were everyone is teir one and silly shit like tactical coloration and real life physics can just shut the fuck up. :D

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Oh my, great to see the Movie trooper being made, with the Shocktrooper body and new heads (one from the Data Viper).

Nice to see the 2013 waves being beefed up slightly. Me like, me buy.

Ridgeback

Enlisted
Jun 6, 2012
And that Duke is a pretty cool figure but should the bottom of his pants be rolled up like that? I thought that you don't want anything loose near your boot so it doesn't get caught on things?

I saw a lot of Special Forces Johnnies wear their trouser cuffs out in the 'Stan and Iraq.
Maybe it's part of their coolness?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I wouldn't know. I just thought they were supposed to be tucked. It is Chatum Duke though.

"Yo mutha' fucka's. Let's pop us a few cobras. Bitches be frontin' on the Presidency! Yo mutha' fukin' Joe!"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wouldn't know. I just thought they were supposed to be tucked. It is Chatum Duke though.

"Yo mutha' fucka's. Let's pop us a few cobras. Bitches be frontin' on the Presidency! Yo mutha' fukin' Joe!"

Strictly speaking, they don't HAVE to be. There's plenty of good reasons to do it, however.

Hell, I'm planning my Tunnel Rat to wear fucking blue jeans.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Bloused pants I'm sure makes sense, especially in wet areas, but in the desert who cares. I've spent a lot time in the outdoors and never had a need to tuck my pants into my boots. But they were never to long and had to be cuffed. Remember designers sit in comfy offices and probably think what looks fashionable. I mean how accurate are they trying to be when they make a pack to carry a shovel gas mask and 4 six shooters and shiny silver chest armor with croc boots.

gaiters in snow makes sense though.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I don't like the cuffed look. With modern equipment the way it is, you would think a special mission force could at least get some BDUs that fit. They don't have to be tucked, but at least get the right pant length.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I don't like the cuffed look. With modern equipment the way it is, you would think a special mission force could at least get some BDUs that fit. They don't have to be tucked, but at least get the right pant length.

Agreed!

Let's face it though... we're getting a decent amount of usable, and some better, parts for more "real world" standard troops.

I'm just excited that more figs have the rocker ankles!

Ultimate FF sucks a bit, but 3 pack FF looks killer. Also another good base fig for troops, imo. Ughhh... sucks to wait for these, again.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Oh boys:
Single carded Retaliation Mouse (or is it another Flint, can't tell from an angle)

Movie Style Red Ninja:

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Agreed!

Let's face it though... we're getting a decent amount of usable, and some better, parts for more "real world" standard troops.

I'm just excited that more figs have the rocker ankles!

Ultimate FF sucks a bit, but 3 pack FF looks killer. Also another good base fig for troops, imo. Ughhh... sucks to wait for these, again.

They fit correctly. It's mostly to keep shit from crawling (living and inanimate) up your pants leg.

But all you Tier One tough guys keep walking around like you're at the fucking mall. ;)

Lots of nasty shit in the desert. Go read about some of the things they're finding in dump bags.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
They fit correctly. It's mostly to keep shit from crawling (living and inanimate) up your pants leg.

But all you Tier One tough guys keep walking around like you're at the fucking mall. ;)

Lots of nasty shit in the desert. Go read about some of the things they're finding in dump bags.

Which is why I'm glad I don't live anywhere near a Desert, or in Australia.

Only have Wetas and Whitetails to worry about, everything else can be swatted easily.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Any enviroment generally has some kind of creepy-crawly you'd rather not have taking the trouser leg expressway to your wedding tackle.

Similar to why you stuff something in your boots at night, too.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

I completely understand that. By cuffed look, I mean rolled up because you're a 34 wearing a 38. If it wasn't for the fact I wanted accuracy with my MSF soldier I would have tucked his pants. The story they were in was the jungles of Costa Rica after all, lots of creepy crawlies there but everyone was running around with their pant legs dragging.