Joe Con 2012

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They were probably suppose to save figs for SDCC reveals and screwed up.

That would be my guess. Rockblock is essentially a tweaked version of the w.2 figure, but the differences sho matter.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
That's an M2. He relieves it from one of those Ripsaw H.I.S.S.-things. Pure wank material for those fans stuck in '80s fantasy land.

I'm the only motherfucker with the swagger to give Rockblock a M1919. Just got to find one.

True but at least they gave him a new one that looks like it can be mounted to different vehicles. I'm really interested in seeing how big that other MG he has is. I need some decent ones to replace my gigantic BBI ones.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It looks pretty good. I believe this is the first time an aircraft barrel-equipped M2 has come to the scale.

I'm definitely going to be looking to acquire multiples. May even see if a "good'nuff" conversion to a M1919A6-AN/M2 Stinger hybrid is possible, which is what I wanted my Rockblock custom to have.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
But they won't say who is number 13. The first that gets him will be the first to know.

Ya know, I was thinking (along with probably everyone else) that the 13th figure would be Slice...but now that a 2nd subscription has been confirmed, I'm betting my left nut that they'll put Slice in there, to help guarantee return customers from the first sub...the 13th figure for the first sub will be someone else...just watch...

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
A second wave for the sub? HA! Well, all you guys that want ARAH figures get ready to pony up. I'm betting that's how the figures will get updated. Now, the price will go up since they can't get their shit together. I am blown away that they are allowed to have the license for GI Joe. It could be run better from a garage.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
A second wave for the sub? HA! Well, all you guys that want ARAH figures get ready to pony up.

Collecting ARAH homages is getting too rich for my blood...not to mention difficult...not that I don't have the money, just that I can't stomach paying what they want for such a small amount of plastic...especially considering its not any more special than the plastic GIJOEs at retail...being "exclusive" isn't justification enough for me...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I assume that there are no GI Joe action figures coming out until next year. Am I right?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I haven't read anything to indicate anything to the contrary.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Would I be happier than a fat man at an all-you-can-eat buffet if these did just turn up everywhere? Hell yeah, I would!

On the other hand there's some Retaliation items that have me wanting to save my nickles.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Everybody should just give up on the DG figures. If you honestly believe that stuff is coming out in large numbers then you are naive. I refuse to believe otherwise until proper evidence is revealed. Even then, it's obvious that Hasbro is just jerking everyone around like 21st Century toys did. Except this time its worst because Hasbro will probably never go out of business despite their impressive attempts to do so and this kind of thing will never end.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro can't help how DG distributed the line. THey're no more happy about it than you are.

Maybe if they could have gotten more than one retailer to actually bother with them......

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Everybody should just give up on the DG figures. If you honestly believe that stuff is coming out in large numbers then you are naive. I refuse to believe otherwise until proper evidence is revealed. Even then, it's obvious that Hasbro is just jerking everyone around like 21st Century toys did. Except this time its worst because Hasbro will probably never go out of business despite their impressive attempts to do so and this kind of thing will never end.

I don't doubt they have a ton planned. 3 of the six figs use molds that have singular releases or a couple limited releases.

Honestly, this is what I would prefer, lower price point for a cool fig with only a couple weapons. That's what it use to be. I don't need 8 poorly scaled assault rifles. They've increased the price point and changed what we get from action figure to action figure set.

rds13601

A Waste of Space!!!!
Aug 2, 2011
Biggest dump on earth
Well I am so glad John Chu had Hasbro made a figure of himself. I was looking forward to see Retaliation.So on behalf of Gi joe fig collectors for 2012. I'd like to to tell John where to stick his own likeness. However, probably knowing him; he has it there already!!

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Well I am so glad John Chu had Hasbro made a figure of himself. I was looking forward to see Retaliation.So on behalf of Gi joe fig collectors for 2012. I'd like to to tell John where to stick his own likeness. However, probably knowing him; he has it there already!!

I'm pretty sure the delay for the movie came from Paramount's producers and executives... not the director. I know a Director can become a figure head for a production... but man...

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Just got an email that my Homefront Heroes set has shipped. Faster than I expected!

Now I just have to get it and find someone to take the IGs off of my hands.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Isn't that set pulling 600 bucks on eBay? Should be able to recoup the cost selling the IGs.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Isn't that set pulling 600 bucks on eBay? Should be able to recoup the cost selling the IGs.

Yer kidding me?!...and tards actually spend that much?...seriously?

So the GIJCC wants to help out scalplers by cock blocking Jesse?...that's f*@#ed up...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Juuuuuuust what I read, i didn't care enough to confirm with a search of completed auctions.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
Just got an email that my Homefront Heroes set has shipped. Faster than I expected!

Now I just have to get it and find someone to take the IGs off of my hands.

That is great news man glad to hear they are shipping out. I went to this years con and was able to sell one bagged set for $640 and another bagged set for $630. Selling both the bagged sets paid for my registration so I was really happy about that.