Joe Con 2012

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
This will be the Official Joe Con 2012 Thread. Forum Members and OG13.com Founders Darkwise and Flint071 will be attending the Convention and providing us with all the news and photos that we need.

The Con is only 14 days away! Until the news and updates start rolling in, feel free to discuss all things Joe Con.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'll get my home front heroes set God-knows-how-long after the Con is past. I doubt I'll be scoring a carded Footloose at this point... I'll get reviews done as soon as I get them in.

I'm curious to see what Hasbro can scramble to show at JoeCon, if anything at all.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'll get my home front heroes set God-knows-how-long after the Con is past. I doubt I'll be scoring a carded Footloose at this point... I'll get reviews done as soon as I get them in.

I'm curious to see what Hasbro can scramble to show at JoeCon, if anything at all.

I can't wait to check them out! Your FL review was top notch!

I'm expecting nothing new.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if they said "no movie related questions"...not surprised at all...

I don't think that's a bad thing, though. The movie, and the decision to postpone it, was entirely in the hands of Paramount. Why waste precision time listening to Hasbro regurgitate Paramount's official talking points when we know no new information will come out of it?

I'd rather have attendees bombard Hasbro with questions such as where/when will Kwinn finally show up, what was the inspiration behind the discount store figures and can we expect more, where are those variants, and can we expect PoC-type/-quality figures after this movie?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I don't think that's a bad thing, though. The movie, and the decision to postpone it, was entirely in the hands of Paramount. Why waste precision time listening to Hasbro regurgitate Paramount's official talking points when we know no new information will come out of it?

But, but, but, dozens of people on the internet have INSISTED that this is all Hasbro's fault!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
So Paramount made the decision all on their own thus screwing both fans and Hasbro? I find that hard to swallow. Paramount had to at least give Hasbro a call about it first right? After-all it's not their property its Hasbros.

At any rate I'd be more interested in hearing what Hasbro plans to do about GI Joe toys until its time for the movie again. Are they going to have anything new and non-movie related appear at retail? Is that even an option after this movie line fiasco? Or are they going to not release anything until the movie? If that's the case, then are they at least going to work on the overall quality of the movie toy line while they still have the chance? These next eight months would be a great time to get better packaging, and proper vehicle drivers. Or is Hasbro just going to sit back and do nothing?

These are the questions I'd like to hear legit answers to.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
So Paramount made the decision all on their own thus screwing both fans and Hasbro? I find that hard to swallow. Paramount had to at least give Hasbro a call about it first right? After-all it's not their property its Hasbros.

At any rate I'd be more interested in hearing what Hasbro plans to do about GI Joe toys until its time for the movie again. Are they going to have anything new and non-movie related appear at retail? Is that even an option after this movie line fiasco? Or are they going to not release anything until the movie? If that's the case, then are they at least going to work on the overall quality of the movie toy line while they still have the chance? These next eight months would be a great time to get better packaging, and proper vehicle drivers. Or is Hasbro just going to sit back and do nothing?

These are the questions I'd like to hear legit answers to.

This^^

I don't think it's enough time to produce a whole line but maybe they can slap some repaints, bring out a filler case filled with techno Vipers and Zombie Vipers or do some HTS stuff. Please something!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
This will be my 10th GIJCC show. I will be working the back of the line registration night. Please say Hi if you see me.

I'm looking forward toward a great weekend!

Wish I could attend. Instead i will be camped in front of my PC awaiting updates :)

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD

Marvel owns Fantastic Four and X-men, too, but they can't use them in the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" because the movie rights are with Sony and Fox. So yeah, it's likely that Hasbro had zip to do with the decision.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Marvel owns Fantastic Four and X-men, too, but they can't use them in the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" because the movie rights are with Sony and Fox. So yeah, it's likely that Hasbro had zip to do with the decision.

Well then paramount ain't worth jack.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'd rather have attendees bombard Hasbro with questions such as where/when will Kwinn finally show up, what was the inspiration behind the discount store figures and can we expect more, where are those variants, and can we expect PoC-type/-quality figures after this movie?

Oh yeah, I'd absolutely PREFER this kinda stuff to any movie questions...I don't really care about the toys, and the movie will happen eventually, ski have all the answers I need on that topic...

Honestly, I think info on WHEN/IF Kwinn will happen is tops on my list of things I want to know...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Next year's JoeCon exclusive. Ju watch and see, mang!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
If Kwinn was an exclusive SDCC would make more sense honestly. Then they could do the UPS driver and an arctic version with that Snake Eyes jacket. Sadly, they will probably have to do another movie figure for SDCC since the movie won't be out until next year.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
President Zartan.

Or Rockblock's daughter *snickers*

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Next year's JoeCon exclusive. Ju watch and see, mang!

Or even worse, next year's SDCC exclusive.

Ugh, I hope not...really, having "exclusive" tacked onto any desirable figure that Hasbro or GIJCC release just sucks huge balls...it instantly tells you a headache is gonna be associated with said figure...not to mention a stupid price tag...

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Ugh, I hope not...really, having "exclusive" tacked onto any desirable figure that Hasbro or GIJCC release just sucks huge balls...it instantly tells you a headache is gonna be associated with said figure...not to mention a stupid price tag...

It sucks but Kwinn is actually a figure that should be an exclusive. He really only caters to anyone who knows the older comics. He has no recent cartoon tie in or movie tie in so putting him at retail would be silly. Plus, he'd get scooped up by scalpers and you'd have to pay too much anyway most likely.

One way or another, odds are you'll be paying too much for the figure if it ever gets released.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If Kwinn was an exclusive SDCC would make more sense honestly. Then they could do the UPS driver and an arctic version with that Snake Eyes jacket. Sadly, they will probably have to do another movie figure for SDCC since the movie won't be out until next year.

If Kwinn isn't released in the main line, I think SDCC next year would be a good idea. I think both of those versions would be a smart use, too.

I don't think they'll do an 2013 SDCC Retaliation tie-in since the movie will have passed months before and likely be out of theaters, but you never know. I think they'll stick to the vintage style ones for the foreseeable future.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It sucks but Kwinn is actually a figure that should be an exclusive. He really only caters to anyone who knows the older comics. He has no recent cartoon tie in or movie tie in so putting him at retail would be silly. Plus, he'd get scooped up by scalpers and you'd have to pay too much anyway most likely.

One way or another, odds are you'll be paying too much for the figure if it ever gets released.

This^^

I agree completely

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It sucks but Kwinn is actually a figure that should be an exclusive.

I totally agree, IF it wasn't such a PITA to acquire when it's an "exclusive"...I've argued it before that characters like Kwinn and Venom and SE in drag, obscure characters, should definitely be exclusives...not mainline characters like Sarge, or Jinx or Zarana or Footloose...making a figure that literally all (99%) of the Joe fandom wants is, to put it gently, annoying...everyone is trying to get it at the same time and it's over priced...

But when Hasbro and GIJCC dont know how to handle getting exclusives to fans without f*@#ing something up, I'm not so sure they should even do them...

Problem is, us morons still throw our money at them...so they can continue to do sh!tty business as usual...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
One of these days I may make it to one, but damn does that sound kind of lame...

If I was going with a crew of friends, it'd be tolerable. Anyone else underwhelmed by that list?

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...3439599103&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_reply

Now this is what I need for my Horrorshow!