Joe Con 2014

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
There has been tremendous support for this figure. When I first saw it I thought the community would implode with hatred. It's a great update to the original. Unfortunately I never liked Ninja Force, even though I grew up during the Ninja Force era. And I will never call it anything other than "tee jay bang".

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
They claim it's pronounced "Sha-Bang".

Anyhoo, I have to admit they did an admirable job of MEizing this one, but it who really wanted a T'Jbang?

That's my feelings as well. I never wanted this figure but seeing the other turds and how well he came out. I'm impressed.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, I think whoever designed these characters with armor over bare skin, never played sports. I just always think he's gotta be chafing like a mother Hubbard.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Meh. At least it's a new figure we haven't gotten yet, but T'Jbang is one of the last Joes I'd ever want in ME format.

Anyhoo, I have to admit they did an admirable job of MEizing this one, but it who really wanted a T'Jbang?

This ^^

They did a bang up job updating him, but they updated a figure no one (outside of HT) gives a sh!t about...

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well that is their bread and butter so they have to cater to places like that if they want suck.......fans to support them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, but I thought all the "serious Joe collectors" loathed everything made after nineteen eighty-fucking-seven!

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Yeah, but I thought all the "serious Joe collectors" loathed everything made after nineteen eighty-fucking-seven!

1983 is my favorite year for g.i. joe characters. But you are correct, 1987 was the year Serpentor killed G.I. joe for me with his whole Cobra La la la la la shit. I won't get into my dislike of Beachhead and LT. Falcon.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
1983 is my favorite year for g.i. joe characters. But you are correct, 1987 was the year Serpentor killed G.I. joe for me with his whole Cobra La la la la la shit. I won't get into my dislike of Beachhead and Falcone.

What did "Falcone" ever do to you?

Or do you mean Lt. Falcon?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yup:

http://www.gijoecon.com/tx2014/JOE14set.cfm

Goddamn, could they drag it out any longer? Seriously, they're breaking apart and showing PIECES of the 12" set this year. Nobody gives a goddamn what shoes Barbie comes with, just show the figures that sell the tickets, you dumb dicks.

You know damn well that they will still sell the tickets. They could show the figures a week before and people will still show. They just want people to talk about them. They are used to getting trashed on so a bit more will not hurt. Plus, we all know everyone is there for the 12" figures...... ;)

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI

I didn't even get my first Joe until '89. It's funny how elitist some people get about their cut-off year. I used to be the same way but grew to appreciate the 90's characters. Many of them are just as well designed as the 80's characters.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I didn't even get my first Joe until '89. It's funny how elitist some people get about their cut-off year. I used to be the same way but grew to appreciate the 90's characters. Many of them are just as well designed as the 80's characters.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NriOZ6ofj_Q&autoplay=1[/ame]

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
The G.I. Joe Collector’s Club has released the teaser below, indicating what will likely be the next figure revealed for 2014′s JoeCon in Dallas, TX.

Once the reveal is public, we will update the post!

" We're ready to share information based on an inorganic molecule with the
chemical formula O 3(μ-O)."

Could a Zombie reveal be lurking?

Fog any real science here?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
The G.I. Joe Collector’s Club has released the teaser below, indicating what will likely be the next figure revealed for 2014′s JoeCon in Dallas, TX.

O3 is Ozone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone

"Ozone /ˈoʊzoʊn/ (systematically named 1λ1,3λ1-trioxidane and μ-oxidodioxygen), or trioxygen, is an inorganic molecule with the chemical formula O
3(μ-O) (also written [O(μ-O)O] or O
3)."

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD

Fog any real science here?

Yup.
Ozone /ˈoʊzoʊn/ (systematically named 1λ1,3λ1-trioxidane and μ-oxidodioxygen), or trioxygen, is an inorganic molecule with the chemical formula O 3(μ-O)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I gotta give them credit, it's clever parts usage to get somewhat close to the vintage figure. That said, he ain't exactly a figure I was ever hoping to see in modern format. (The same with most of this silly set.)

And of course, they didn't show the new head sculpt, so I guess that'll be yet another reveal to stretch this out another fucking month. :rolleyes:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Color pallets aside, the figures that didn't come from ridiculous subteams were every bit as good as what came before.

Mega Marines, Ninja Force and several Star Brigade figures were all gimped by gimmicks, but on the whole, post '90 weren't bad figures.

I think I started dreading Joes with Ninja Force. The last wave I liked was the one that had Flagg, Roadblock in a combat sweater, and the second Beachhead. The colors were a little out there but I liked the designs. I started liking Ninja Force for Nunchuk but dreaded how it took over the franchise. Star Brigade I think could have been great but needed some sort of outside media tie-in for it to have been appreciated. I think it was way too much of a jump into the direction of sci-fi. The colors were stupid and I think the original characters were boring as fuck. It did have a couple things that people love and have been a staple for the nerd for the last couple of decades. Mech suits, robots, and swarming aliens.

Last edited: