Joe Con 2015

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, as a kid I only had TF Bazooka that I got at some comic shop several years after even the TF figures were off the shelves, and he wasn't terrible... No worse than his original figure, anyway, although I still wanted the regular deco. But in general, I didn't much care for any of the sub-teams. They made a mistake by never including them in the cartoon (even if it was just one or 2 episodes) because then I'm sure kids would've warmed up to them better.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Yes!
Slaughters Marauders are awesome! :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

That's the first good looking Roadblock, to be honest. If the toy had looked like the cartoon badass, then sure. But he looked so goofy, and was the same size as all the Joes.

I'm hoping the rumor of the JoeCon Roadblock means that we'll be getting a 50th one with a new head sculpt, in the classic deco. The 25th one looks like shit.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah. With those literally round shoulders, weird arm straps, tiny baby head and single-knee legs, he was easily the worst of the bunch. Not much I care for from him, even his gear.

That new GH, if we get him this year, deserves a proper RB to go with him.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You can count on one hand the number of 25th figures that aren't deficient. Roadblock DEFINITELY needs a non-Rock, PoC+ era upgrade.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah. With those literally round shoulders, weird arm straps, tiny baby head and single-knee legs, he was easily the worst of the bunch. Not much I care for from him, even his gear.

That new GH, if we get him this year, deserves a proper RB to go with him.

Remember the Sarge customs with cracker flesh toned parts? :lmao:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Non-Attending went live today. And no fucks were given by me...

I love this. When asked how much all the Con-only exclusives would cost, on top of the registration fees...

A: Costs have gone up because of the complexity of the deco on the items and air freight caused by the dock workers issues on the west coast. There is also an additional souvenir item this year and one that is a large vehicle. If you want to get one of everything you will need approximately $600 for the convention 3 3/4" items and $200 for the 12" items.

Fuck them with a rusty demon dick.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I wonder what kind of profit that is. I can't imagine it costs more than $100 to do everything necessary to get that product to the convention? So at least $500 profit per complete set? Nice little racket they got go'n on there.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This thing starts in eight days and they're just now getting registration up? Everything else aside, I'd "Reagan" those sorry fucking longshoremen.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I thought I read on Facebook they said it was an additional $5000 to get ithe stuff shipped...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I am sure it's not exactly cheap to get the stuff produced, but they have to have 'people' who work with Hasbro etc.

At the end of the day they do need to turn a profit to make it worth while.. but.. I dunno

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I was thinking about this the other day.

One of the sub teams that I thought would be cool to do would be Sonic Fighters.

Hear me out.

Instead of a giant contraption with cheesy gun sounds, create a stand. Find whatever voice actors you can that are still around and get them to contribute 3-4 lines for each push button stand. Obviously, it's dependent on which actors you can find, and which characters they've done. It wouldn't be the original roster of sonic fighters but I thought it would be a nice collectible to have that separates itself and actually feels like it's worth the money, even if the voice acting isn't that good.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I was thinking about this the other day.

One of the sub teams that I thought would be cool to do would be Sonic Fighters.

Hear me out.

Instead of a giant contraption with cheesy gun sounds, create a stand. Find whatever voice actors you can that are still around and get them to contribute 3-4 lines for each push button stand. Obviously, it's dependent on which actors you can find, and which characters they've done. It wouldn't be the original roster of sonic fighters but I thought it would be a nice collectible to have that separates itself and actually feels like it's worth the money, even if the voice acting isn't that good.

Sonic Fighters Falcon was my first figure, I'd love to get one. Sonic Fighters Law is also a better figure than the '87 release and we don't have a proper vintage style Law, so I would love to see that figure made as well.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Giga that's actually a pretty damn good idea and I'm not even allowed on Hisstank any more.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I know Giga did the head for the Con custom class, but Alyosha is such an egotistical twat in any of his posts. That's why I'm pretty much done with him, even though I've personally bought from him before and he does great work. He's got probably the worst bedside manners for someone selling something that's already stolen intellectual property that I've ever seen.

Alyosha from Facebook said:
And, here's the reason to stay in class and BUILD your custom instead of sticking your set on Ebay you unscrupulous scalper! If you build your custom in class, and bring it up to show me before you leave, you get one of these BATS construction sets. But that's the ONLY way.

Such a snarky reply, when it doesn't need to be.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I know the inside story on this. If it was just repurposed parts taken from Hasbro's lines, he wouldn't care. Starting last year, they started getting contributions from people like Boss Fight and Raginspoon, and within 20 minutes, these pieces were on the black market, when the intention is to have a fun, low funded class. They depend on people registering for it, to get their money back. I know what he's got invested on the two pieces I made for him. Not going to divulge, but it's not cheap. If it became a common practice of loaning these to 3rd party sites, or selling them on eBay, less people will register, and people like myself and Boss Fight won't be involved. Not because we're not willing to do favors, but we still have to get prototypes made and that's not cheap.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I know the inside story on this. If it was just repurposed parts taken from Hasbro's lines, he wouldn't care. Starting last year, they started getting contributions from people like Boss Fight and Raginspoon, and within 20 minutes, these pieces were on the black market, when the intention is to have a fun, low funded class. They depend on people registering for it, to get their money back. I know what he's got invested on the two pieces I made for him. Not going to divulge, but it's not cheap. If it became a common practice of loaning these to 3rd party sites, or selling them on eBay, less people will register, and people like myself and Boss Fight won't be involved. Not because we're not willing to do favors, but we still have to get prototypes made and that's not cheap.

I get the reason for frustration, it's his tone. He ALWAYS comes across as a dick, and I refuse to do future business with someone like him based off his interactions with customers/fans. He couldn't be more off-putting if he tried.

Guy could use a class or 2 in PR. Joe fans can be a cheap/frustrating bunch, but goddammit.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
He probably could. Maybe it's because I talk to him all of the time, but that post is layer with his dry humor. I know there's a lot of his friends that follow those posts that joke about scalping everything.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
He's got some great parts that I would love to have, but agree with MR, no way in hell I'm sending him my money, unless it's a face to face purchase of in hand items at a con.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
He's got some great parts that I would love to have, but agree with MR, no way in hell I'm sending him my money, unless it's a face to face purchase of in hand items at a con.

Best time to get stuff from him as you can haggle with him on parts. ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So con starts tomorrow, for our members attending, have fun, get pics and punch a HTer for the Old 118th!

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
There's a strict policy that makes you think Cobra really is in charge, but I think if a couple of HT mods in particular are there, i might have to break it.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
There's a strict policy that makes you think Cobra really is in charge, but I think if a couple of HT mods in particular are there, i might have to break it.

Pics or it didn't happen..

Pics anyway so we can see what some of those mouth breathing trolls look like.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Iron grenadiers air assault 2-pack LE 900 IG colored Annihilators
TF helicopter crew 3-pack LE 800 don't know who yet