June banner theme - Movie scene recreation

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Although this announcement is early I wanted to let people get a head start on it. The theme will be to make a scene from a movie.

This can be any type of movie. Does not have to be war related but figures do have to be 1:18 scale. If you can make a vehicle or background that is not scale look it then that will be ok but the figures have to at least be scale (GI Joe, Marvel, BBI, etc....)

You must reference the scene of the movie when sending me your entry and if possible a screen shot. If you can not get a screen shot please let me know the time in the movie the scene comes up so that I can try to find it and have a reference for the photo.

No photoshop this month either. This one has to be all natural. Good luck!

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I wanted to add that starwarsgeek has graciously put up a $25 gift certificate to his store for the winner of the June banner contest.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Question:
Do we recreate an exact shot from the movie or can we do different angles or based on events from that movie.

Example:
Star wars ep II shows the start of the attack on the sand people but can we create something more detailed (Like the actual slaughter)

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
It has to be a recreation of the scene as close to it's original context as possible. Of course with toys an exact replica may be tough. It needs to be similar to the screenshot.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The figures will have to have a resemblance to the characters somehow. Not exact but close.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Theme stands. July will be something less restrictive probably. I guess there does not have to be a screen shot for this one but I will need a timein the movie the picture was done from so I can check it.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
For windows users with Vista or newer. Easy way to screenshot is just pause where you want to take the screenshot and use snipping tool. Found under Start/All Programs/accessories/snipping tool

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Holy rules batman!

Also, there will be a special prize added to this month!

Announcement will be made on May 9th!

Stay Tuned!

W.O. leroy

Enlisted
Jul 21, 2011
Australia
To get screen shots I just press the print screen button on my keyboard then I go to Microsoft paint and go to the clip board and press paste. From there you can save it as jpeg, png, bmp, gif whatever.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd say those would be easier to pull off and hence spur more participation.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(