Kevin Feige Will Now Report Directly to the Mouse

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yeah, without knowing the history of the Committee and how they've influenced the movies it's impossible to have a worthwhile opinion. Feige is still in charge and so long as the Disney guy over him leaves him alone, I'm seeing that as a good thing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, without knowing the history of the Committee and how they've influenced the movies it's impossible to have a worthwhile opinion. Feige is still in charge and so long as the Disney guy over him leaves him alone, I'm seeing that as a good thing.

I agree on the first part, but this is Disney, so meddling is only a matter of time. At least Disney hasn't hired Jeff Zucker. Yet.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The guy that he previously reported to was a notorious penny pincher. Disney knows you have to spend money to make money. I'm not worried.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Ike is a notorious SOB, so hopefully this will remove his incentive to blacklist the X-Men (because Fox has the movie rights). Maybe he can focus on comics and let the movies and licensing be handled by competent, rational people.... you know rather than vindictive tightwad with a small dick and a chip on his shoulder.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ike is a notorious SOB, so hopefully this will remove his incentive to blacklist the X-Men (because Fox has the movie rights). Maybe he can focus on comics and let the movies and licensing be handled by competent, rational people.... you know rather than vindictive tightwad with a small dick and a chip on his shoulder.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I think it's more of a statement that Ike is a lousy middleman. It's the strange consequence of the derivative material (the movies) being a financial juggernaut compared to the source material (the comics). As a comic fan, I hate the tail wagging the dog, but this feels like Ike being told that they are tired of him being a speedbump.