Marauder series 6 detailed pictures

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
1: 1:18 diecast cars aren't designed for figures, so that's a specious argument. Do you expect an a gun chambered in 5.56 to fire a 30-06 round?

2: Funny, figures fit in all my 1:18 military vehicles.

3: Joe vehicles suck.

Glad you like the Marauder guns. I still think the AKM scales out like a Saiga.

As someone that's been working on a Saiga 12 for the last two weeks, I can say that MJ's AKM is still way too big.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Btw, MJ just posted their FO6 3d model. Crosses fingers

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
No shit? Oye.

The biggest difference is the barrel size and length and an altered dust cover to allow the shells to be ejected. Outside of that, a Saiga 12 should be about the same size in the body as an AK or Galil.

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
1: 1:18 diecast cars aren't designed for figures, so that's a specious argument. Do you expect an a gun chambered in 5.56 to fire a 30-06 round?

2: Funny, figures fit in all my 1:18 military vehicles.

3: Joe vehicles suck.

Glad you like the Marauder guns. I still think the AKM scales out like a Saiga.

I ve just said that akm and fos despite being WAY TOO BIG (I agree with you from the beginning. I am not blind.) the gi joe figs can pose with them in many different poses (and I like that), when I cannot do the same amount of poses with other marauders weapons more on scale, like nvr, mostly because of the big and lenghty gunstock or the too thin grip. Scale doesnt always affect poseability (thats why I said about obviously off scale joe vehicles).

I ve justed wanted to say my PERSONAL opinion-feedback-request in the review thread of marauders, ie please make the weapons SMALLER and focus on poseability (I really hate when a weapon restrains posing due to its size or big gunstock). I didnt say that I represent anyone else than myself or that I possess the one and only truth. We dont have to agree or to like the same things. Its absolutely clear that every one of us wants different things. I totally respect them all and I dont even think anything like "my opinion is better". I dont compete or compare, because its a matter of perspective and taste ie totally subjective. So, no need to be offensive. :)

I am sorry, but I still believe that when I buy a 1:18 vehicle diecast or not have to be compatible with 1:18 figs without serious modifications.

For those who want to make truly realistic 1:18 scale things, marauders are in general not recommended.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I ve just said that akm and fos despite being WAY TOO BIG (I agree with you from the beginning. I am not blind.) the gi joe figs can pose with them in many different poses (and I like that), when I cannot do the same amount of poses with other marauders weapons more on scale, like nvr, mostly because of the big and lenghty gunstock or the too thin grip. Scale doesnt always affect poseability (thats why I said about obviously off scale joe vehicles).

I ve justed wanted to say my PERSONAL opinion-feedback-request in the review thread of marauders, ie please make the weapons SMALLER and focus on poseability (I really hate when a weapon restrains posing due to its size or big gunstock). I didnt say that I represent anyone else than myself or that I possess the one and only truth. We dont have to agree or to like the same things. Its absolutely clear that every one of us wants different things. I totally respect them all and I dont even think anything like "my opinion is better". I dont compete or compare, because its a matter of perspective and taste ie totally subjective. So, no need to be offensive. :)

I am sorry, but I still believe that when I buy a 1:18 vehicle diecast or not have to be compatible with 1:18 figs without serious modifications.

For those who want to make truly realistic 1:18 scale things, marauders are in general not recommended.

Hopefully the stock issue will be a thing of the past. After talking with MJ a few months ago, it seemed like they were correcting issues they were having in getting proper 3D models made with little corrections to make them work better with figures. Small weapons with stocks usually don't run into as big of an issue since they are typically a little smaller and can be brought into a firing pose. The great thing about making your models digitally is you can cheaply print a model to the correct scale, try it out, and make small adjustments to work with figures. Sometimes all it takes is shortening a stock a couple millimeters.

I personally don't have a problem with smaller handles but that's because I can always press and bend the hands into a position that will take them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Then you're gonna be in for a lot of disappointment.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
IMO its not that important the weapon to be accurate 1:18.
imo important is
proportion
poseability-fat and big enough grip (real 1:18 grip might be too thin for the fig)

Nothing against Tria, but this is the sort of comment I just cannot understand.

If Hasbro would stop making their hands with too large of an open grip, then handles wouldn't need to be made thicker, ergo - larger scaled weapons. And people like MJ wouldn't feel compelled to "upscale" weapons either.

What's "important"?

Joe collectors/displayers tend to not care about proper anything, so they're happy with 99% of whatever they get, and they get the majority of product out there from get-go. That's fantastic... now go buy the shit out of all the oversized "cool" accessories, and feel satisfied with your choices.

Joe displayers/customizers who are prone to more realism, like scale modeling for example, want and need more properly scaled items. Unlike the collector group, this group has a very small amount of anything to choose from to complete their figs - adhering to "realism". Kinda sucks to be in this group.

However... it looks like all the whining (big FU to all those :rainbow: who spouted that shit regarding me personally) might in fact pay off. Maybe now, BOTH scale camps will have items to choose from. If these new MGR pieces are proper, or at least damn close, I might just have to give MJ a few dollars once again. In the end, I personally don't care who makes the stuff. Just make a product I will want. "I", meaning me and all the rest of us who care about more realism for our customs, that we spend a lot of time on to get more "realistic".

Here's hoping....

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Nothing against Tria, but this is the sort of comment I just cannot understand.

If Hasbro would stop making their hands with too large of an open grip, then handles wouldn't need to be made thicker, ergo - larger scaled weapons. And people like MJ wouldn't feel compelled to "upscale" weapons either.

What's "important"?

Joe collectors/displayers tend to not care about proper anything, so they're happy with 99% of whatever they get, and they get the majority of product out there from get-go. That's fantastic... now go buy the shit out of all the oversized "cool" accessories, and feel satisfied with your choices.

Joe displayers/customizers who are prone to more realism, like scale modeling for example, want and need more properly scaled items. Unlike the collector group, this group has a very small amount of anything to choose from to complete their figs - adhering to "realism". Kinda sucks to be in this group.

However... it looks like all the whining (big FU to all those :rainbow: who spouted that shit regarding me personally) might in fact pay off. Maybe now, BOTH scale camps will have items to choose from. If these new MGR pieces are proper, or at least damn close, I might just have to give MJ a few dollars once again. In the end, I personally don't care who makes the stuff. Just make a product I will want. "I", meaning me and all the rest of us who care about more realism for our customs, that we spend a lot of time on to get more "realistic".

Here's hoping....

I think I'm in the middle...For customs that I make and want to display on my desk or in a dio, I want something that looks correct. When buying shit for my kids to play with they don't really care what it is as long as it stays in the figures hand and doesn't fall out everytime they pick the figure up to play with it. I end up throwing money in both directions.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well, if he is making adjustments then it would seem he was listening. Hopefully that is the case but it is not a huge issue. There are other options that put in the time to make things proper.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Only true to a degree though. If you want Eastern Block small arms, you're ok. M4's, ACR's, SCAR's, and anything similiar are not available... yet. It's nice and all that "other" people have made better stuff, but not everyone wants to arm every single fig with G36's, FN's, or AK's. If you, or anyone else, likes those pieces enough to be "ok" with what's available - fine. Just don't belittle someone elses wish list. (general statement)

So, it is a huge issue to those that desperately want better versions of those certain weapons.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
When I complete this project, I'm going to get back to my more modern wish list. The magpul Masada I want to make should give me a decent base for some accurate ACRs. Something we're severely lacking.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
ACR. Yeah... that rifle has gone through a few changes since initial prototypes. The modded one I came up with using the Crysis gun, utilizes an earlier design. Looks good imo, but a current production design would be nice.

Ok, Giga... get on that! :D

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Well, I was going to order some more from Falcone. I've only gotten the AKSU and Galil. Both are some of the sturdiest guns I've found.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*yawn* Wake me when he's actually doing models that need 1:18 representation.