Marvel Infinite 2015

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I suppose to fix these we just need better forearms.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Yeah, the lack of wrist articulation is a let down, but it bothers me less with superhero figures considering I'm not trying to get them to hold a gun. The real shitty thing is the loss of any sort of torso joint...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, but Bishop used guns. Frequently. Granted, it's fairly easy enough to fix in this case, there's nothing much to be done for Beast.

Ugh, Hasbro is so fucking lame. I can't wait for the next Infinite Wolverine with popped claws and pistol grip hands.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Just noticed they lost one of my favorite joints in the MU/MI line... the bicep swivel. :(

Wonder if the awesome double neck got dumped too...?

Hasbro really doesn't want me buying any of their stuff any longer. They stopped the Joe line, and are taking a big ole steamer on Marvel.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Yeah, but Bishop used guns. Frequently. Granted, it's fairly easy enough to fix in this case, there's nothing much to be done for Beast.

Ugh, Hasbro is so fucking lame. I can't wait for the next Infinite Wolverine with popped claws and pistol grip hands.

Oh I'm aware, I was talking more about Beast and most characters that don't use guns frequently, but yeah, Bishop or any gun wielder should really have swivel wrists.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Here's the thing, If I'm paying $10+ for a 1:18 figure I want my money's worth. Unless they're knocking 3 bucks off the price I find any reduction in articulation unacceptable.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Here's the thing, If I'm paying $10+ for a 1:18 figure I want my money's worth. Unless they're knocking 3 bucks off the price I find any reduction in articulation unacceptable.

This ^^ should be our banner.

Well they have added the elbow swivel.

I prefer the look of the bicep swivel, and even more, the look of it coupled with the double elbow.

But yeah, could be worse. Could be like the DC line where it's a elbow bend and that's it.

Really sad that "they" are taking so many steps backwards in the figure department. I've often wondered what 30 more years of figure development would do for action figures. ARAH up until recently added some pretty awesome advancements. I assumed when the kids of today got to our age, figures would be absolutely unbelievable. I'm not so sure anymore. :( :grumpy:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This ^^ should be our banner.

I prefer the look of the bicep swivel, and even more, the look of it coupled with the double elbow.

But yeah, could be worse. Could be like the DC line where it's a elbow bend and that's it.

Really sad that "they" are taking so many steps backwards in the figure department. I've often wondered what 30 more years of figure development would do for action figures. ARAH up until recently added some pretty awesome advancements. I assumed when the kids of today got to our age, figures would be absolutely unbelievable. I'm not so sure anymore. :( :grumpy:

Yeah the direction that figures are heading now it looks like by the time our kids are our ages, their kids will be playing w/ a single solid piece of plastic.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Because, you know, every fan is clamoring for gray Beast. wtf. Eventually we'll get the blue one that people actually want. Three beasts (only one of which is useful), but we can't get a Polaris, Dazzler, Rachel Summers, Meggan, Outback Rogue, Shadowcat-Blue Kitty Pryde, or British Psylocke. A modern Havok (sans uggo face) wouldn't kill them either, instead of umpteenth Cyclops.

I'm content having to customize Marauders and Reavers, but damn, would some late-80's x-men not named cyclops or wolverine really be that hard?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If they didn't botch the head sculpt, I'd buy the hell out of a disco-era Dazzler. They'd probably do blue tights or later Dazzler, though.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
See, I would want the blue tights version. Disco version never spent much time with the x-men. She was pretty much solo when she had the skates... regardless, a good headsculpt is a must. Not sure how they can do a good one like avengers assemble Black Widow at the same time as pinhead Wasp and every other fugly MU female. The Black Cat above appears to be above average for what hasbro normally trots out on the ladies.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I thought Aurora's was really good, too. Unfortunately the paint work oft times screwed it up. Wasp's was pleasant, but like you said, pinheaded.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Aurora's head sculpt was pretty nice, but.... not sure if it was the head or the hair, but it seemed way too big for her body, like she was topheavy. Which is odd, b/c they normally get the scale right and just use an ugly sculpt. Eventually they'll hit the right combo, and maybe they will write the formula down so it can be repeated.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably a combo of a bit large on the head and the standard MU female buck being a skinny bitch. Aurora's head definitely works better on a Joe figure.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Because, you know, every fan is clamoring for gray Beast. wtf. Eventually we'll get the blue one that people actually want. Three beasts (only one of which is useful), but we can't get a Polaris, Dazzler, Rachel Summers, Meggan, Outback Rogue, Shadowcat-Blue Kitty Pryde, or British Psylocke. A modern Havok (sans uggo face) wouldn't kill them either, instead of umpteenth Cyclops.

I'm content having to customize Marauders and Reavers, but damn, would some late-80's x-men not named cyclops or wolverine really be that hard?

blue Beast is also in the wave....

B0713 Daredevil
B0712 Hawkeye
B0711 Grey Beast
B0710 Blue Beast
B0709 Sandman
B0708 Classic Sandman
B0707 Black Cat
B0706 Big Time Spider-man
B0705 Bishop

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well, they're going back to 5-POA on SW figures, so MU is probably next. But never fear, there will be an overpriced Avengers Black Series for the hardcore fans that recycles old figures in new yet uninspired packaging.

Ha! Phoenix looks like she's been riding a horse for three days... and it's nice to see that line had far too many Wolverine's too ;)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sandman is fucking 90% Absorbing Man, so of course his articulation didn't take much of a hit.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
On one hand, they should be easier to find... on the other hand, we'll have to pay scalper prices at retail stores.

At the risk of sounding all chicken little, that could be the end of 4" figures that aren't the 5-POA variety. I just don't see the market supporting that, when only 8 years ago, you could get a 6" figure for $8.99. It's like $5 comic books. At some point, the purchase feels absurd.

Does this mean SW Black figures are going to be $30?!

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
no parent would pay these prices for a small action figure. Collectors MAY buy them, but only the figure they REALLY want and that's a stretch.

This is the reason I no longer collect action figures with the exception of the 6" black. too damn expensive for next to nothing.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On one hand, they should be easier to find... on the other hand, we'll have to pay scalper prices at retail stores.

At the risk of sounding all chicken little, that could be the end of 4" figures that aren't the 5-POA variety. I just don't see the market supporting that, when only 8 years ago, you could get a 6" figure for $8.99. It's like $5 comic books. At some point, the purchase feels absurd.

Yeah, the price hike may be justified for whatever reason, but there's a point where that just doesn't matter. Maybe a pack of gum for whatever HAS to be marked at $5. Prices to produce the gum skyrocket somehow. Justified or not, very very few are gonna be okay with that. Like you said, just feels absurd.

Maybe this is just Targets way of moving them for the price they really want, $11. Mark it up to $16 and say "On sale for $11! WOW!" :whatever:

I had a problem at $10. There's nothing outside of a well articulated BTTF or a Dukes line that would get me to bite at $16. There are no Joes or Marvel or DC or any retail 1:18th line I think are worth that.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I find it funny that we're seeing this increase at the same time that petroleum prices are at their lowest levels in nearly a decade. Normally the #1 excuse for price hikes on these things is the cost of plastic. What line will we be fed now?

And it will have to be monumental, because going up 60% at once is not an incremental/inflation kind of move. It signifies a shift in focus, change in target market, jockeying between supplier/retailers... there is something big at work (if this is a permanent, nationwide thing and not just a rogue Target... which it could be).

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pfft, prices never go down. The only price I've seen drop besides gas is cheap-ass beer.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If Dorkside is to be believed (and I see no reason why they wouldn't), this increase is across the board to all retailers.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm out, then. $15 for a mass production 4" figure is fucking ridiculous.