Marvel: Phase Three

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Jessica Jones dropped today. It's gonna be a happy birthday to me. Really enjoying it so far.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Each has 13 one-hour episodes. I'm only up to ep4 of JJ so far, but the Netflix shows are arguably the best things to come out of the whole MCU and you're a fool to prevaricate in watching them. A fool, I say!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Each episode is an hour. Both Daredevil and Jessica Jones are 13 episode seasons.

Unlike Shield, where some things tie in to the movies are times, these are going to be in their own little 'world' (for lack of a better term). There will be mentions of the movie events (Daredevil was big on the first Avengers, and it's characters), and Jessica Jones has mentioned some of the Avengers as well (Hulk being the last one I remember, but it wasn't by name...just description).

Daredevil was damn good. Some episodes better than others, but great.

Jessica Jones, for me at least, is better. I know some will disagree though.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Oh okay, yeah I've been watching SHIELD religiously. Interested in these now. Just need to find some free time. Hopefully as other shows go on winter break it'll give me time.

All episodes released at once like other netflix shows?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yup, all at once. Binge watching at its finest!

JJ, so far i like it, but not as much as DD. I miss the action and a$$ kicking that DD had/has. Though, I'm only halfway through, so maybe it picks up.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
So.. newb.. who is Jessica Jones? Should I know that name?

She is basically a failed super hero with a drinking problem that sets up shop as a private investigator.

The show is OK, I liked DD better, but these are kind of nitch super heros.

The shows are good as nice long movies, & do tie in with the larger MCU. But no alien invasions or major world changing events.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I barely know/knew the character either. But knowing how much i enjoy Marvels other properties, and knowing that JJ is a superhero, it was a safe bet that this show would be enjoyable.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
DD and JJ blow AoS out of the fucking water in nearly every category. I like AoS, but it took a looking time to get really good, and is still nowhere near as good as either of those two were from their first episodes. I'm not even a Punisher fan, but imagining how the Netflix production crew are going to treat him in next year's DD S2 has me salivating at seeing him.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
DD and JJ blow AoS out of the fucking water in nearly every category. I like AoS, but it took a looking time to get really good, and is still nowhere near as good as either of those two were from their first episodes. I'm not even a Punisher fan, but imagining how the Netflix production crew are going to treat him in next year's DD S2 has me salivating at seeing him.

All of this...every last word.

Can you imagine a Netflix Punisher series?! :panic:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
No, but they've also not talked a lot about who will comprise the movie half of the MCU after the Infinity War. For upcoming Netflix shows we've got DD S2, Luke Cage gets his own show, then I think Iron Fist (which should tie in heavily with some dangling threads left over from DD), then a combo Defenders series of them all teaming up that should be God's Own Televised Orgasm.

And doing some searching, I found this tidbit: In October 2014, Feige said the opportunity "certainly" exists for characters in the Netflix series to appear in Avengers: Infinity War.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
And I don't want a Punny series. It's always been a mistake making him an upfront 'hero', imho. He's much better when used as a foil against other heroes to show why they're right to not be blood-thirsty, not as an example why they're wrong to not be. I think Netflix will get that balance right, while also showing the deep self-hatred Frank has that none of the movies portrayed.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Have they talked at all about the netflix characters eventually making their way into the large MCU?

Its an option in their contracts to use the characters for the movies, but I think we will have to see how well the netflix series does before Marvel commits to using them in the movies & even then I wouldn't expect any more than a cameo.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The only thing I miss is the direct connection to the Avengers. In her original comic series, Alias, she had relationships with characters like Antman. I'm okay with Killgrave not being purple. It would be pretty hard given the nature of heroes in the MCU.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Which Nuke? Flag Face? I know him mostly from Miller's run on DD. Wasn't aware he was in Luke's Rogues Gallery. I assume Iron Fist's series will heavily feature the Hand and Madame Gao, but I'm drawing a blank who should be the big bad of Luke's series, unless it's basically all a flashback of his origin.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And I don't want a Punny series. It's always been a mistake making him an upfront 'hero', imho. He's much better when used as a foil against other heroes to show why they're right to not be blood-thirsty, not as an example why they're wrong to not be. I think Netflix will get that balance right, while also showing the deep self-hatred Frank has that none of the movies portrayed.

I love the character for him doing what other heroes won't: killing those that NEED to be killed. He's the vengeful kinda hero i imagine myself being. I wouldn't lock up rapists or murderers, I'd gleefully put them pieces of sh!t out of their misery.

I'm a HUGE fan of vengence/revenge/true justice movies. Punisher pushes all the right buttons for me. Not to mention that the character is PERFECT for the dark, gritty tone the studios seem to love.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Ditto on wanting a fully modernized Punisher series. Something along the lines of Person of Interest, but with killin' instead of saving people. I'd be all over that one...

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I don't know how they could fit in Nuke with DD as they already have Punisher, Electra, and possibly Gladiator. Since Nuke and Cage now share a connection, I wouldn't him being in that series.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

I too am way more stoked for this than both SW (political correctness at its worst) and BvS (dark and gritty at its worst).

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
YEAH BABY! Can't wait for CA:CW! I have a feeling I may actually see it before Star Wars: Whateverthelatestepisode. Thanks to Lucas' abortive prequels, I really have little interest in the franchise as it exists right now. It just looks like different colored/shaped versions of what came before. Had they done a full JJAbrams reboot like Trek, then they'd have my attention...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5c2T4ytQ0g&time_continue=209&ebc=ANyPxKoj8eBy7K1MSm7zxAPmizzwze3PBOOjY8SHEgn75djeV5na7ag3vZWa7smdMctdO3Uigll51ho_RQfdyjOJurZGd_V0lA[/ame]

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
There's a bit more there, but not a ton. The more I see though, the more excited I get for this one. I have to fight the urge to allow my expectations outgrow what we've actually seen. It just looks so good...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=02cpKtKhu-M&ebc=ANyPxKqosjTfqiAtveVoEAODR7d5S3k5DbCscAmSyFAzJovm09rG2QlJC-u6mCXI_HwnVtVtbBasve_eY6ICQq5nLbkxVfLGpA[/ame]

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Define 'character' and how much screen time they'll have on average, then 67 might be a remarkable number. Think of how many named characters are in Star Wars, with the fact that all them goofy fuckers in the Cantina each have a name.