Marvel: Phase Three

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Here's hoping for a recast non-emo Spidey.
Marvel insisted on this..... (Although I wouldn't mind an older Toby Spiderman coming out of retirement after somebody kills MaryJane. (Won't happen that way.)

Doesn't Stark wind up with the Guardians at some point in the comics? So now it's him in space instead of Hulk? I love RDJ as Tony but I was hoping for more Hulk if someone somehow winds up in space with the Guardians towing them back to earth for Infinity War madness.

In the original news story the term "In space" just refered to getting rid of a character for a set period (Since Hulk went into space) So don't take the term literally since other bad things may happen to certain charactors. Not spoiling what I read, but you could guess it based on fan theories.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IiJwsbxr9E0[/ame]

I don't typically watch interviews, but are those hilariously ridiculous advertisement things on the microphones normal? Do sports guys have those things all over the mics when they interview? Are we gonna get to a point where the only thing showing of the person being interviewed is their face peeking through a cut out hole?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
It’s difficult to visualize four movies ahead in a major film franchise, but that is now the standard of the exponentially growing superhero film genre. Hollywood’s biggest studios are currently developing nearly 50 Marvel and DC Comics live-action adaptations for theatrical release in the next five-six years alone. And that’s not to discount the increasing number of comic book television programs as well, some of which are set in the same shared continuity of the movies.

For Marvel Studios, even though The Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man are still in the early stages of marketing before their openings this summer, and excitement is building for next year’s Captain America: Civil War, there’s a lot of attention being placed on a key new character also joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe in 2016: Doctor Strange. Doctor Stephen Vincent Strange will be played by current Oscar nominee Benedict Cumberbatch and he might be joined by at least on other Oscar caliber actor.

THR broke the scoop earlier today that Marvel Studios was very interested in getting Chiwetel Ejiofor to also join the MCU with a leading role in Doctor Strange. They’re reportedly only in early talks at this point and “insidersâ€￾ have conflicting word on whether or not the role is a villainous one. Followup claims and speculation go either way so we won’t know until something is official.

The Brit actor’s career and popularity have been consistently on the rise, with increasingly prominent key roles in major projects, most notably as the Oscar nominated lead of 2013′s 12 Years a Slave. The potential casting of Ejiofor emphasizes Disney and Marvel’s current desire to focus on recognizable A-List Hollywood talent who they can build franchises around, instead of the Phase 1 method of looking for relative lower profile stars-to-be that they can sign cheaply with long-term deals.

The news should go over well with Marvel movie fans given Ejiofor’s consistent appearances on fantasy casting lists, most notably as a fan favorite to appear as Black Panther – a character who Chadwick Boseman has been officially announced to play instead. Chiwetel Ejiofor has proven himself on screen as villainous characters in Joss Whedon’s Serenity, Four Brothers, and Children of Men but performs just as well, if not better, as a likable and charming lead.

The most obvious assumptions for what roles from Marvel Comics Ejiofor could be in talks for, include the Ancient One or his disciple, Baron Mordo – the latter of whom turns villainous. The Ancient One, typically depicted as old and frail in the books, is the character who mentors Doctor Strange into acquiring his powers and becoming the hero (and eventual Avenger) he’s commonly known as. For astute fans of the Marvel movies, they may have noticed a certain magical artifact of The Ancient One known as the Eye of Agamotto that appeared in Odin’s Vault in the first Thor movie.

Previous rumors listed Morgan Freeman, Ken Watanabe, and Bill Nighy as contenders for The Ancient One which makes Ejiofor a far more likely candidate to play Mordo. So, expect to see big name talent appear in Doctor Strange, the self-described passion project of Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige. This is a film Marvel is counting on to open up another new area of the Marvel universe, much like Guardians of the Galaxy did. Upon the film’s official announcement, Feige teased that Doctor Strange would touch on quantum mechanics, string theory, parallel dimensions while Benedict Cumberbatch namedropped a visit to the Astral Plane, a psychic-only variant of the real world which many heroes and villains of Marvel Comics frequent. Things are going to get weird (read: mystical) in the MCU come 2016.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron releases in theaters on May 1 2015, followed by Ant-Man on July 17 2015, Captain America: Civil War on May 6 2016, Doctor Strange on November 4 2016, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on May 5 2017, Thor: Ragnarok on July 28, 2017, Black Panther on November 3 2017, Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 on May 4 2018, Captain Marvel on July 6 2018, Inhumans on November 2 2018 and Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2 on May 3 2019.

Doctor Strange is directed by Scott Derrickson off a screenplay by Thomas Dean Donnelly, Joshua Oppenheimer, and Jon Spaihts. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch.

Source: THR

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
why? would you rather have no news?

No, I'd prefer that people post a link to the article instead. That way people can choose to click it and read, or not, instead of being presented with a wall of text that's entirely quoted from elsewhere.

It's better netiquette, for one thing, and there's no confusion about attribution or authorship that way. Most places online that I've been on for a while consider it bad form at least, and I suppose I've adopted that.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
well, you will just have to deal with it. The whole point of bringing news to us is to not have to jump off site, and not have to deal with the constant pop-ups these sites have embedded in them. Ya, know, a one stop site.

I do get ya when they are huge and need multiple posts. I wont post those. (I think I did once and saw the folly than) They are too big.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
well, you will just have to deal with it. The whole point of bringing news to us is to not have to jump off site, and not have to deal with the constant pop-ups these sites have embedded in them. Ya, know, a one stop site.

I'm aware I can't stop anyone from doing it. That's not going to stop me bitching about it, since that's also one of the points of this site. :D

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
There are other reasons I think it's a bad idea, but I'll get into those next time I decide to bitch about it. :D

(Now I feel like Eddie with his damn Thor helmet issue)

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
hehe, I got to bust your balls just once. This is from Wiki on Netiquette, just for you. Etiquette in technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"When someone makes a mistake – whether it's a spelling error or a spelling flame, a stupid question or an unnecessarily long answer – be kind about it. If it's a minor error, you may not need to say anything. Even if you feel strongly about it, think twice before reacting. Having good manners yourself doesn't give you license to correct everyone else. If you do decide to inform someone of a mistake, point it out politely, and preferably by private email rather than in public. Give people the benefit of the doubt; assume they just don't know any better. And never be arrogant or self-righteous about it. Just as it's a law of nature that spelling flames always contain spelling errors, notes pointing out Netiquette violations are often examples of poor Netiquette."

What does it mean spelling flames?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
hehe, I got to bust your balls just once. This is from Wiki on Netiquette, just for you. Etiquette in technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"When someone makes a mistake – whether it's a spelling error or a spelling flame, a stupid question or an unnecessarily long answer – be kind about it. If it's a minor error, you may not need to say anything. Even if you feel strongly about it, think twice before reacting. Having good manners yourself doesn't give you license to correct everyone else. If you do decide to inform someone of a mistake, point it out politely, and preferably by private email rather than in public. Give people the benefit of the doubt; assume they just don't know any better. And never be arrogant or self-righteous about it. Just as it's a law of nature that spelling flames always contain spelling errors, notes pointing out Netiquette violations are often examples of poor Netiquette."

;)

What does it mean spelling flames?

Had to look that one up myself: spelling flame

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No, I'd prefer that people post a link to the article instead. That way people can choose to click it and read, or not, instead of being presented with a wall of text that's entirely quoted from elsewhere.

It's better netiquette, for one thing, and there's no confusion about attribution or authorship that way. Most places online that I've been on for a while consider it bad form at least, and I suppose I've adopted that.

But, no one is forcing you read it...just, scroll past it. :confused:

There are other reasons I think it's a bad idea, but I'll get into those next time I decide to bitch about it. :D

(Now I feel like Eddie with his damn Thor helmet issue)

:trollface: We've all got things that get under our skin. (I was so tempted to make mutable spelling and grammatical errors in that tiny sentence just to get you twitching. :D)

Ha! It's what people do to Eddie for every mistake. Awesome!

It's funny how often I see everyone else make mistakes but choose to not say anything. It grates my skin occasionally, the simple ones mostly, but I don't usually like making people feel stupid, especially when I'm so often guilty myself.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ha! It's what people do to Eddie for every mistake. Awesome!

My FB feed is full of halfwits who can't spell half as well as Eddie. Americans don't give a fuck anymore about quality control.

And Fogger, the full article posting drives me goddamn nuts too. Especially when Fred posts a giant article and steals the pics, too. For one, it's copying someone verbatim without citing the source link, but sometimes the pics aren't exactly sfw either.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
But, no one is forcing you read it...just, scroll past it. :confused:

Not if I want to see if the poster has made any commentary on whatever it is that they quoted.

And seriously, "why can't you just ignore it?" from the person who posts so much in the "Life's Minor Irritations" thread? Of course no one makes me read it, that doesn't make it less annoying.

G.I.EDDIE said:
It's funny how often I see everyone else make mistakes but choose to not say anything. It grates my skin occasionally, the simple ones mostly, but I don't usually like making people feel stupid, especially when I'm so often guilty myself.

I generally ignore them as well, unless it's something that really needs clarifying in order to make sense, or if it's you. Because it's you. :trollface:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
You guys are great. Sometimes dropping by here is just like hanging out with your buds in real life... Quirks and all... :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I love that busting balls is something guys can do without hating each other. We know it's all in good fun. Women other hand (besides not having balls) just can't do it. If they do, they're suddenly thinking "that f*%#ing b!tch! :mad:"

Or this. :D

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=INdljQlAEPc[/ame]

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I love that busting balls is something guys can do without hating each other. We know it's all in good fun. Women ON THE other hand (besides not having balls) just can't do it. If they do, they're suddenly thinking "that f*%#ing b!tch! :mad:"

Typo!!! :wave:

MW's ladies have plenty big enough of balls.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I love that busting balls is something guys can do without hating each other. We know it's all in good fun. Women other hand (besides not having balls) just can't do it. If they do, they're suddenly thinking "that f*%#ing b!tch! :mad:"

Or this. :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=INdljQlAEPc

lol, Men don''t connect dots that are not there either. The insult, cut, rib, whatever you call it is said to a man and he takes it for what it is and responds or blows it off. A women, somehow takes an insult like a typo and connects it to some hidden insecurity and says, "did he say I have a fat ass?"

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Haha, yeah, waaaaaaaay over analyzing things. Though, being that women are the way they are, they may actually be intentionally trying to hurt each other.

I wonder how often we take a woman's ball busting towards us as a joke when there is actually a hidden insult. We're just not used to having to dig for it. :lmao:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Some date changes thanks to Spidy.

Marvel Studios Schedules New Release Dates for 4 Films | News | Marvel.com

Four future installments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe have received new release dates through 2019, including Thor’s next solo adventure as well as the first films for Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the Inhumans!

Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarokâ€￾ will hit theaters November 3, 2017. The following year, Marvel’s “Black Pantherâ€￾ will make its way to theaters on July 6, 2018, and Marvel’s “Captain Marvelâ€￾ on November 2, 2018. Finally, Marvel’s “Inhumansâ€￾ will now debut in theaters July 12, 2019.

The previously announced dates for Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War Part 1â€￾ and “Avengers: Infinity War Part 2â€￾ on May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019, respectively, remain unchanged.

So, just how major are these changes? Well, the new Spider-Man movie obviously has Thor: Ragnarok's original release date, so the threequel has been moved to November 3rd, 2017 instead. That was when Black Panther was originally set to be released, and that movie has taken Captain Marvel's spot which in turn has taken the Inhumans' original slot. Confusing, eh? As a result, the latter has a totally new release date AFTER the second part of Avengers: Infinity War.

Last edited:

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
I think it would be cool if they cast an actual youngster, 15, 16, 17 year old kid to be Spidey.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnmt1kZxBDI[/ame]

Handel - Hallelujah - Messiah

Now I'm just waiting for the mutants to come home. When will that be? To quote Dr. King, how long? Not long.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I know I'm in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind seeing an older Spiderman who comes out of retirement. Kind of a soft reboot of the Maguire series, similar to what they did with Hulk.

As long as he's not in high school again, and preferably out of college, I'm happy. And please for the love of God, no more origin stories...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
From what I read, they fucking pushed Cap3: Civil War to 2018 to allow a reboot Spiderman movie for 2017. I guess their numbers could've been wrong but the article stated they shuffled film dates around. Thor 3 is now at a different date, too.

I'd have loved it if he'd been included all along, but it's weird to shoehorn him into the MCU now, if you ask me. I never followed Civil War but no matter how important Spiderman is to that story, introducing him IN the story is fucking weird.

*edit*

I read it wrong, Captain Marvel is getting pushed, not Cap 3. That made no sense, anyway. But still, having Spiderman debut in Civil War is a weird choice.

Last edited:

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
I read it wrong, Captain Marvel is getting pushed, not Cap 3. That made no sense, anyway. But still, having Spiderman debut in Civil War is a weird choice.

depending on who you choose to belive the original plan would be for spiderman to debut in.

option 1. Age of Ultron in a cameo (To late to make that happen)
option 2: Cap 3 Civil War Could happen but time is running out to make his role bigger vs a cameo introduction
option 3: Infinity War e will be around by this point & will likely have a bigger role now.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
depending on who you choose to belive the original plan would be for spiderman to debut in.

option 1. Age of Ultron in a cameo (To late to make that happen)

Possible to tack something on after the credits, or do ya reckon they already have one of those prepared?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011

He was a pretty big player in the comic of this story...so it's not weird at all.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gah, moved all the Phase 3 talk from the Phase 2 thread. Happy, Eddie?!

Hey! If you guys hadn't chastised me for putting stuff in the wrong phase thread I wouldn't have said a word. And why the heck do we have so many? Why not just one big marvel movie thread?? Would save me (or you :trollface:) from looking stupid.

Possible to tack something on after the credits, or do ya reckon they already have one of those prepared?

I'm sure they already have (or two?) but maybe they can switch it up or fold one into the end of the film and make Spidy an end credit scene? No idea how long that edit would take, but the movie is only three months out. I'd rather they just wait until Cap 3 anyway.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012

From what I read they could not commit to anything until a deal was signed.

At best we are talking cameos (at this point) Now that a deal is done They can start arguing about what version he will be like & fit him in properly. However I don't expect to have him be a big player until Civil war or of course his own movie

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
I'm guessing there were two scripts written for civil war. One without Spidy and one with.

Reguardless I don't think his role was that major, as I believe they are introducing a lot of new characters. Although that could change, now that a deal has been made.

It will be intersting because they will have 2 different studios choosing his casting. They will need a good meeting of the minds before much can be done.

In other news the spin off spiderman movies are still on the table. What they will look like if anybody's guess?

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Feige and Pascal will have the final word on the casting. If there's someone I trust in Hollywood more than Joss Whedon, It's Kevin Feige.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Feige and Pascal will have the final word on the casting. If there's someone I trust in Hollywood more than Joss Whedon, It's Kevin Feige.

I know but behind the scenes is a little bit more interesting story. Who pays for the actor or is the cost split. What is the final split overall & does it match who makes the decisions?

If Cap or Iron man appear in a Sony Spiderman picture, could that count towards their Marvel contract. (Probably would be worked out beforehand. but a case can definatly be made.)
The behind the scenes stuff actually interests me more than the public statements.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Sony. Sony is footing the bill for all of it. They still have full rights and ownership to the character. They, unlike Fox, realize it's for the best to partner with the studio that had two of the top five grossing movies in all of 2014.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's Hollywood, so egos will definitely be an issue, but I'm guessing a lot of finals calls will be laid in Feiges hands. I'm sure Sony/Amy will prefer to trust the man that's helped make Marvel such a trustworthy name over their own failures.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I know it's not the same canon but I had never watched any of the animated Marvel cartoons (the new ones, anyway) and I caught an episode of Avengers Assemble where Thanos appears and takes the Infinity Stones and completes the gauntlet, and the Guardians of the Galaxy appear and fight the Avengers, and maaaan... Did it make me want to see the Infinity story on film!

In the cartoon though, there are only 5 stones. The film series HAS confirmed 6 total, right? Wonder why they did that.

It also made me want to see Doctor Strange, too.