MGS3: Snake Eater

Marine_Deadpool

Enlisted
Jun 3, 2011
Here is my take on MGS3 Snake. I used a mix of Tamiya and Testors Model Masters Acrylics. The Tamiya was used for camo, Testors for flesh color.

The parts breakdown are as follows:

- SDS Snake head with sculpted bandanna
- 25th Viper/Mutt Torso
- 25th Viper Upper arms
- Resolute SE Lower arms and hands, sculpted modified gloves
- Jungle Duke legs and feet, reversed knee joints.
- Sculpted sheath
- lower Harness belt and holster from WWII Forces of Valor figure from Target. I bought this about two years ago. You may be able to find one in the paratroopers they sale.
- modified Upper harness from 25TH Roadblock
- two different sized wires for the comm piece
- Modified PTE M-4 into Patriot with metal tubing for barrel. Not sure who made the M-4, but it was a cheap rubber one. Worked out pretty good for this application.
-Smaller framed .45 from 25th Joe line with plastic styrene tube for suppressor

Attachments

• IMG_1587x.jpg
    IMG_1587x.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE EATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!1!!1!1!!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like Jungle Duke legs on a Viper torso. I'd say the pistol belt is Dragon, but if it's not I'd sure like to find a source for it.

Not seeing any brown in the tigerstripes, and I'm not a fan of functioning sheaths on the suspenders, simply too large and unsightly.

Marine_Deadpool

Enlisted
Jun 3, 2011
Looks like Jungle Duke legs on a Viper torso. I'd say the pistol belt is Dragon, but if it's not I'd sure like to find a source for it.

Not seeing any brown in the tigerstripes, and I'm not a fan of functioning sheaths on the suspenders, simply too large and unsightly.

I used very little brown in the tiger stripes. I know that the game uniform had more in it and most tigerstripe does, but I looked at about 20 - 30 different sets of tiger stripe uniforms form the early Vietnam era for reference. Although not completely accurate, it is true to the original design. I may go back an sculpt a smaller fighting knife for his harness and for his legs, but it will more than likely be too small for the hands to hold it.

Added parts list to original post.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
...and I'm not a fan of functioning sheaths on the suspenders, simply too large and unsightly.

Gotta agree with KT on that...I'd prefer scaled non functioning knives/sheaths over functioning monstrosities...same goes for guns/holsters...

That being said,mi think the rest looks fantastic!...really digging the camo work...VERY sharp and crisp...also like the ity bity cord work

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Some days, you'll walk, through the rain! Some days, you'll feast, ON a TREE FROOOOoooog!

Marine_Deadpool

Enlisted
Jun 3, 2011
Gotta agree with KT on that...I'd prefer scaled non functioning knives/sheaths over functioning monstrosities...same goes for guns/holsters...

That being said,mi think the rest looks fantastic!...really digging the camo work...VERY sharp and crisp...also like the ity bity cord work

I hear ya. I plan to replace the knife with a custom one. The holster though... there is no replacement for it that I could find. It fits perfectly and even has the US stamp on it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The holster is fine. I've used similar ones. Eddie was referring to functioning ones.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Looks very slick, MD. I always enjoy your work, and this is no let-down.

And that M4 looks like the PTE version, with the really big grip/handle. Those SE hands wouldn't hold anything smaller. :)

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
SWEET!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the front page action! I JUST got that camera today, but didn't have time to take any pics. Its a Canon 5D MkII. I had to wait for the Capt they put in charge of our gear to sign it out. I will take some better shot tomorrow and put them in here.

Sounds Great!