All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And 250 to boot.

Better be fucking Unicron or some shit.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I agree, Galvatron to go with Rodimus makes sense. And it's time for a decepticon after Grimlock and Rodimus got the last two non-repaint releases.

If not Galvatron, Soundwave is the next likely choice in terms of popular characters that need to be done. Plus, if he came with a couple of cassettes too, that might account for the higher than normal price.

Takara just released a new Unicron (same body, new head, more G1 accurate deco), so I'm seriously doubting that one. But for that price, you're right, it had better be awesome. It's not lost on me that the last few releases have seen the figures shrink and the prices go up dramatically. If it keeps up, next year we'll be getting a $400 Generations figure.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i saw this last night browsing BBTS...i almost choked...though, if it was Jetfire, i'd gladly pay that, or more...

if i can my hands on a JSI F-14 thats partially broken, i'm turning it into Jetfire bot mode...don't care what it takes

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
It's probably going to be Powermaster Optimus Prime (Ginrai from Masterforce in Japan)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
You might be right. This article indicates that it might be a new version of Convoy.

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=15527&ss=as

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(deep...breath)OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

WTF. I think we've had enough convoy for one lifetime. I love the original MP-01 toy, and I can't imagine that they could ever improve it to any significant degree. It's one of my favorite toys of all time... but I need another expensive convoy like I need a hole in the head.

And if it really is a Power Master version... then they can keep it. That SOB was an abomination in 1987, and I doubt there is anything they could do to make me pay $250 for one.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Really? Glad to see they are flexing their creativity muscles. The only thing that makes this interesting is that I just sold my Prime, putting me in a good position if this version becomes a must have.

CoBrAtHeEnEmY!

its for your own good
Mar 14, 2011
here
i thought it was supposed to be a new prime too , smaller and trailer included but after the pre-orders went up their dosent seem to be any idea what it is........ now im just confused

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Apparently TF fans are like SW fans and will buy new figures of characters they already have?

Really lame they're going back to Prime.

CoBrAtHeEnEmY!

its for your own good
Mar 14, 2011
here
but he comes with spike guys thats an easy 250 ........oh wait no its not lol ...but im sure as soon as my son sees this its all ill hear about till all the movie shit comes out any way

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Damn it, it really does look good. At least it's not some power master nonsense. Thank heavens! And he's now in scale with all the other MPs except Megatron... so that just means we'll get another Megs soon enough. And another white Magnus repaint, and a black nemesis repaint, and a grey dead prime repaint... etc... I'd love to see this new version next to the igear scaled-down MP-01.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Really? another prime? Maybe they will actually do a proper Magnus (fuckin doubt it). Isn't Prime supposed to be taller than Hot Rod or is that just me?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i'm with you SR...i prefer Prime to be taller...and then Starscream for instance to be taller yet, as a jet much larger than a semi

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, but you can't take the alt modes as gospel for size because true scale Megatron and Soundwave would be 8" tall.

Speaking of, I'm a little stunned that we've gotten to MP-10 and there has been no soundwave. He seems like the perfect candidate for the treatment given his popularity and possibilities for neat features.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
He looks good and answers the cries of 10,000 fanboys for a shorter Prime, but still seems like a waste and the truck looks just as craptastic. I wonder if he is better in the articulation department since mp-01 couldn't do much with his blocky arms. I'd buy it if it wasn't so damn expensive and I doubt he has the same metal content.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, I'll be a little sad if he's all plastic... but I really want to see how he stacks up to PP-01. Did anyone else notice that the pics shown on TNI had some captions talking about how he transforms with the push of a button or in one set or something like that (I forget exactly, and their english was a tad broken). Could be really neat or a horrible gimmick. Not sure until they explain further.

Eddie, that ship has sailed... there just aren't enough 'big" vehicles to make all the characters unique. Suspend your disbelief!

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I would love to see MP versions of some Head-Masters. Would love to see Mindwipe and Weird Wolf would look like!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I'll be a little sad if he's all plastic... but I really want to see how he stacks up to PP-01. Did anyone else notice that the pics shown on TNI had some captions talking about how he transforms with the push of a button or in one set or something like that (I forget exactly, and their english was a tad broken). Could be really neat or a horrible gimmick. Not sure until they explain further.

Eddie, that ship has sailed... there just aren't enough 'big" vehicles to make all the characters unique. Suspend your disbelief!

I thought the same thing at first, but now believe his gun transforms with a push of the button.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i was wondering that same thing Nacho...like these are two completely different mock ups or something..one in bot mode one in vehicle mode?

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think MP-10 looks really good, but I'm in no rush to drop that much cash on another MP Prime, when the first one was absolutely damn near perfect in the first place. The subsequent MP figures were all too damn small (probably a cost issue) except for Megatron, and I'm not exactly itching to buy another MP Prime, whether he looks this good or not. Especially at the $250 price tag, for a smaller Prime. That's about the price I paid for MP-04, and that's stupid.

The torso looks a bit too long, but otherwise, he's pretty awesome. Especially standing with Rodimus. This means that I guess we'll get a smaller Megatron now, too. I agree with others that we should have gotten an MP version of Soundwave. He's next on my wishlist, with a proper Ultra Magnus following closely behind. Besides Shockwave, there aren't too many more that I see much qualification for the MP treatment.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I need to see him in person or in a video. Just too damn expensive and I don't like how his headlights are on his back. Worse yet, he does not look more articulate.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Besides Shockwave, there aren't too many more that I see much qualification for the MP treatment.

i want Jetfire and Devy MPs real bad!...and i'd want them to be much bigger than Prime...i know, pricy as heck, and NEVER gonna happen, but i'd still love to see them...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If we're talking "wishlists" I've got a wishlist a mile long, and I'd buy all of them. But realistic ones, is what I meant. I think that 3rd party Devastator is about the most badass we'll ever get... HasTak won't do one, I don't think. I'd love to have all 5 Dinobots, but I doubt that'll happen.

Soundwave seems like a really good future candidate, as well as Galvatron (who I don't give a damn about) and I imagine we'll get a new Megatron eventually to match the new Prime (who I feel is unnecessary except for the size-match now that MP-10 exists)... I'd say that official coneheads would be possible, but doubtful from Hasbro, but who knows... They love that damn mold's reuse, so it's always possible.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Mark my words... MP-11 will be this same figure in white, and MP-12 will be a smaller megatron with 47 neon-orange child safety features added by importers. Maybe with MP-13 circa 2013 can we dream of a Soundwave or Shockwave.

Mp-13 would be Black Convoy/Scourge/Nemy Prime.:D Then we get Soundwave or Shockwave hopefully. I would say Soundwave more, easy repaint. *cough* Soundblaster *cough*

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They'd probably milk the Soundwave mold and do 2 cassettes with one, and 2 more with Soundblaster. Although personally, they should design the sonofabitch to be able to house all 4 original cassettes (Frenzy, Rumble, Ravage, Laserbeak), but I'd love to see MP versions of those guys, too.