MP-10

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
is it part of that third party one we've been seeing occationally?...or is that something else all together?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
well i pre-ordered it...if it turns out not to be, though, like you said, that would be highly unlikely, i'll just cancel it...

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Yep, that is Scavenger all right!

I am on the fence...

....for now.

Speaking of Masterpiece, I read that Masterpiece Rodimus Prime 2.0 is coming soon, with all the problems corrected from Masterpiece Rod 1.0.

What have you guys heard?

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I read somewhere that MP Rod 1.0 is susceptible to being broken if you try to normally transform him.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
He does seem fragile, but nothing overly fragile. I just haven't transformed him party out of disinterest, and I guess 10% fear that I'll break something. I never liked him, and I hate his alt form (space winnebago? wtf?) but the figure in bot-mode actually looks sweet.

One of these days I will, but right now he's just posed on the shelf. The only two that I feel are "durable" are MP Prime and Grimlock. Megatron and all the Seekers seem too fragile. Rodimus is in there with them.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I have no room right now, but I'd love to display mine in bot mode. I'm like you, I mostly display in bot mode, although I dislike TFs that don't transform. Occasionally, I'll transform them all, but I don't a lot.

Of all my TFs, I probably transformed the Alternators a lot more since they look impressive in both modes. Megatron is kind of awkward to display in gun mode, anyways. I picked up my KO Conehead from the Post Office this morning, but didn't have a spare second to open it because I had to catch the train.

I hope to check it out tonight and compare it to Wal-Mart Starscream, who is the only Seeker I have open at the moment.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I saw those somewhere, but not colored and not that high-res. Those look awesome. What size are they going to be? I was never a fan of them exactly, but I'm a G1 fan, and never had them, and I've considered getting them. Wasn't there a reissue at TRU a year or 2 back? I almost bought them then, but passed them up.

I may get those, even if they're smaller. They're supposed to be insects, and they look great!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
he is for sure beautiful...but again, not $250 beautiful, even IF i didn't already have an MP Prime...

now if he was 1:18th for $250, i don't think i could pass that up

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well, I have have every MP except MP-04 (I didn't care about the trailer) and the grey/black/clear repaints. But I'm on the fence here. I already bought the igear Faith Leader, so I have an MP Prime in a smaller scale... but MP10 does look great. They say he has more articulation, and the latest info seems to confirm that the whole thing transforms with the push of a button. If that's true, I'll be VERY tempted. But the price blows goats. I couldn't care less about the trailer. Very on the fence. I'll likely pre-order and make up my mind as we learn more.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hmm, so according to a post made here:

http://www.seibertron.com/transform...e-mp10-convoy-optimus-prime-version-20/22056/

At the Tokyo Toy show, the designer mentioned that the new MP-10 has attachment points for a UM armor or something to that effect... Now, take this with a grain of salt, as I'm passing along a rumor from another site that was overheard in Japan (I know, I know), but it's still kinda cool.

I'm not going to be expecting it, but it sounds plausible, and I'll probably settle for whatever that Ultra Magnus ends up being and get this mold in that figure. I do like the smaller prime, but I'm not going to bother selling MP-04 (or not selling and just having 2 MP Primes) to get MP-10 and then get the same mold again with a potential UM...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
the probelm with using the new one as UM is he'll be smaller than Prime and the same size as Rod...personally, i'd want UM to be the bigger one at least by a little bit

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
the probelm with using the new one as UM is he'll be smaller than Prime and the same size as Rod...personally, i'd want UM to be the bigger one at least by a little bit

Well with the armor on, I'd expect Ultra Magnus to be somewhat around the size of MP-04/MP-01. Remember how much damn bigger the vintage one was than the base Prime figure? A UM based off the MP-01 mold would be friggin' big.