Near-1/18 Apartment from "Friends"

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
An artist in Brazil has created an incredibly detailed replica of Monica's apartment from Friends, entirely out of paper.

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/06/12/Incredibly-Detailed-Papercraft-Model-of-the-Apartment-from-Friends/

Judging by the photos on her Flickr page, I'd estimate it's pretty close to 1/18 scale.

Something like this would be awesome for dio stories. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why anyone would want to recreate ANYTHING from that show is a mystery to me, but I cannot deny the work. Very cool, especially if it's all paper.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Friends? Really? I hope he made this to show his love for Jennifer Aniston.

Hell, he should of made Jerry's apartment from Seinfeld.

Newman.

I really really hope I'm still into this in another 5-10 years when 3D home printers are the norm and we could just print out shit like this...not that I want to make a Friends apartment...but think of the headsculpts and dio parts we could just hvae at our disposal.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Lazy b!tch...they showed the bathroom and the two bedrooms (maybe even the closet at the end of the hall) over the course of the ten years the show was on...

Seriously though, that's pretty cool...so where's the 1:18th Friends to go in it?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Newman.

I really really hope I'm still into this in another 5-10 years when 3D home printers are the norm and we could just print out shit like this...not that I want to make a Friends apartment...but think of the headsculpts and dio parts we could just hvae at our disposal.

I hear ya. Like that medical story, where they used the printer to print the tool they needed to save that persons life. We will be able to almost immediately print any part we need. Will be awesome!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Tim Curry head sculpts and Velma Dinkley figures padded in all the right places FTMFW.

Lazy b!tch...they showed the bathroom and the two bedrooms (maybe even the closet at the end of the hall) over the course of the ten years the show was on...

Seriously though, that's pretty cool...so where's the 1:18th Friends to go in it?

In a 1:18 Cobra interment camp. Cobra Commander thinks that Friends fucking sucked, too.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
In a 1:18 Cobra interment camp. Cobra Commander thinks that Friends fucking sucked, too.

I don't understand the friends hate. Like any tv show that runs for that long, it had it's ups and downs, but in it's time, it was pretty damn good.

Then again, I don't understand when people hate on Seinfeld too.

Maybe you had to be just the right age. I was in college when friends started. Our dorm didn't have cable, and me and my buddies couldn't afford a real TV. One of them got a VCR for xmas, and we hooked the tuner in it to a coat hanger and a B&W colecovision monitor. Then all of our roommates and g/fs huddled on the couch on thursday evenings to watch an hour of must-see-tv in tiny greyscale. Both of those shows hold a special place for me.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Friends is hilarious...okay, that might be a stretch, but it was and still is a really good show...How I Met Your Mother has become my new default "Friends"

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Friends is hilarious...okay, that might be a stretch, but it was and still is a really good show...How I Met Your Mother has become my new default "Friends"

Don't you have a "Shit we watch on TV" thread to talk about how awesome bad TV shows like HIMYM are? :proposetoast:

That's pretty impressive, but I gotta agree with KT on this one. That show sucked balls.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I never watched a single episode of Friends so I can't comment, but I can't deny that the artistry of that paper diorama is truly impressive. :)

I'm sure you'll get that show in a few years. It's one of those trade-offs. You live in the future, except for TV shows. :wave:

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I'm sure you'll get that show in a few years. It's one of those trade-offs. You live in the future, except for TV shows. :wave:

:slap:

It was on TV all the time when I was growing up but I never got into it. Not even the bit where Jennifer Aniston strips down to reveal she's wearing Princess Leia's metal bikini. :)

OK, maybe just a little bit.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
She's gotten hotter over the years. You seen the new trailer for that awful movie where she's a stripper and she and Jason Sudeikis go on a drug run from Mexico to the US?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Lots of amazing things can be done with paper. I can't find the link of course but I remembered someone making awesome sculptures using Magic: the Gathering cards.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I would like to see Cobra ransacking the place while beating the shit out of the people who live there.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
An artist in Brazil has created an incredibly detailed replica of Monica's apartment from Friends, entirely out of paper.

Judging by the photos on her Flickr page, I'd estimate it's pretty close to 1/18 scale.

Something like this would be awesome for dio stories. :D

Friends? Really? I hope he made this to show his love for Jennifer Aniston.

Hell, he should of made Jerry's apartment from Seinfeld.

wow, that's..alot of work, his life must be a joke, or he's broke and his love life is DOA.

You're all fired. (Although I liked Ewok's joke)