New TMNT Toys

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I had all four of the rubbery movie ones from back in the day. They were on my desk at my old job but I think they were part of the collection that got lost when I moved, because I have no idea where they are.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I vaguely remember the movie figures now. I think the only figures I got from the movies were the mutated snapping turtle and wolf (I know their names, but have idea how they're spelled), and Super Shredder.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Here you go ($19.99 or Best Offer):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neca-Teenag...802?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23123e14ca

It's the cheapest one as far as Price plus S&H go. S&H might be different for you though.

Watch listed .. Heh can't buy him now. Been spending a lot of money on other things lately. For see more spending this weekend lol

I vaguely remember the movie figures now. I think the only figures I got from the movies were the mutated snapping turtle and wolf (I know their names, but have idea how they're spelled), and Super Shredder.

Tokka and Rahzar! My friend gave me his from his old collection. They're missing a lot of parts (all) but that's ok by me

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
never had Krang, but always wanted him...

and these were my favesies...

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
That be it. It is cool, but I always wanted the android he had carrying him around in the cartoon, lol. It looks totally ridiculous (No clothes, weird-shaped head and what's up with the glasses?), but I can't separate the 2.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That be it. It is cool, but I always wanted the android he had carrying him around in the cartoon, lol. It looks totally ridiculous (No clothes, weird-shaped head and what's up with the glasses?), but I can't separate the 2.

Yeah, I was so pissed that I missed out on the Android. I always had that lame-ass walker thing and hated it so bad. I was getting out of TMNT by the time they finally released the Android (and the Technodrome, too, I think) but I almost got 'em just to have them. They should've been released much earlier in the franchise instead of those bullshit "(insert random genre) Mikey!" or whatever figures that killed the line for me as a kid.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
All of the different turtle themes was pretty frickin' ridiculous. Heck, there's more versions of each individual turtle than there are of Snake Eyes! I loved all of the different and crazy villains and allies though.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think as a kid, I got maybe, maybe one or two of the spinoff versions. But they just got so ridiculous so fast, even my kid self was like "hold the fuck on, this is stupid."

I had all four originals, then all 4 transforming ones, if I remember correctly, then all 4 movie versions. If I got one of the "weird edition" ones like "Samurai Raph" it was because someone got it for me for my birthday or Christmas, and they didn't know me too well.

Now all the wacky individual villains and allies? I think I had the majority of the ones from the early years, until they got so weird that they just lost personality to me. I definitely bought the dumb shit like Ace Duck, and Usagi Yojimbo and Genghis Frog, and the ones that were even worse.

It was one of the better, wacky series of the 80's/90's that got too weird. You knew it was dumb, deep down... But you just didn't care.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pfft, it's called variety. :D Best part? Playmates did the Toxic Avenger line and they're totally compatible.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
you mena this thing?...its pretty cool too...

I had that bubble walker!! One of the ones I lost =[

My friend gave me his Krang. He's just missing his window and he's kinda dirty, that that dude is copious amounts of beefy plastic!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Aww crap... Just watched a video over at toynewsi and it looks like if the new classic line does well, they plan on trying to expand the new cartoon and classic lines at the same time. If that happens, I'm in trouble.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Well, at least I won't feel compelled to get anything other than the turtles from the new cartoon line of figs:

Shredder:

Foot Clan Ninja:

Splinter:

Krang (actually looks kinda cool):

Kim Possi... I mean April O'Neil:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
WTH happened to the rest of that line?!...the turtles look crazy awesome...the others look crazy awful...what gives?

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
WTH happened to the rest of that line?!...the turtles look crazy awesome...the others look crazy awful...what gives?

That's how the last movie and 03 line of toys were. Turtles and vehicles great, rest "eh."

But I'll most likely be getting all the support characters as well, Including Shredder.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
I don't think any of the prices have bee released yet. There have been some guesses though.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar

My thoughts exactly. Such a shame. I can't stand such the "toony" look the rest of them have.

That's how the last movie and 03 line of toys were. Turtles and vehicles great, rest "eh."

But I'll most likely be getting all the support characters as well, Including Shredder.

You're exactly right. The turtles from that line were awesome, but the rest sucked balls. I won't be getting any of the supporting characters from the new toon line. At least not any of the ones shown so far. Hopefully, they'll be bringing Slash back into the new cartoon b/c at least he'll look cool like the other turtles. Well, that is if he's of a similar design.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They wouldn't exactly say (again, secrecy and whatnot) but it was months ago so I don't remember exactly. The storyline had me scratching my head. I think parts will be cool, parts may be too much in a "gotta throw everything at it!" in a series that already had a little too much going on already.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I mean... I'm curious to see how it plays out. It's really focused on ninjas, robots, "aliens" and mutation. Lots and lots of mutation.

We loved it 25 years ago, what's to say kids won't now?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I think it would be cool if a new generation fell in love with TMNT. Definitely, one of my favorite shows ,if not my favorite at one point, as a kid. Then again, I've been wishing that would happen with a particular Hasbro brand for years...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It'll more than likely be a huge hit. I mean, think about it...

Every franchise from the 80s that we've seen rehashed in the 90s and (whatever this past decade was called... The aughties?) had one simple formula:

Take one guaranteed awesome boy's toy genre and mash that fucker right up with some other guaranteed awesome boy's toy genre. Serve to happy kids.

Think about it. GI Joe? Army + Sci-Fi. Transformers? Robots + cars and jets and other cool-ass things. Dino-Riders? Space + Dinosaurs. Star Wars? Sci-Fi + Swordfighting Ninja-like Monks and Old West motifs. Thundercats, Silverhawks, Ghostbusters... All took Sci-Fi and mutants and space or crime-fighting and mixed them up into an awesome mashup.

TMNT hit up 3-4 things, straight off the bat. They were teenagers (way cool to young kids) who were mutants (holy shit did the late 80's and early 90's run amok with this theme), ninjas (see previous) and turtles (okay, you got me there, but kids like turtles? :D), not to mention all the sci-fi and aliens and inter-dimensional other shit that was in it.

There's gotta be something in TMNT that a kid can relate to and love, or else there's something fundamentally wrong with that kid.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

Every franchise from the 80s that we've seen rehashed in the 90s and (whatever this past decade was called... The aughties?) had one simple formula:

Take one guaranteed awesome boy's toy genre and mash that fucker right up with some other guaranteed awesome boy's toy genre. Serve to happy kids.

Think about it. GI Joe? Army + Sci-Fi. Transformers? Robots + cars and jets and other cool-ass things. Dino-Riders? Space + Dinosaurs. Star Wars? Sci-Fi + Swordfighting Ninja-like Monks and Old West motifs. Thundercats, Silverhawks, Ghostbusters... All took Sci-Fi and mutants and space or crime-fighting and mixed them up into an awesome mashup.

TMNT hit up 3-4 things, straight off the bat. They were teenagers (way cool to young kids) who were mutants (holy shit did the late 80's and early 90's run amok with this theme), ninjas (see previous) and turtles (okay, you got me there, but kids like turtles? :D), not to mention all the sci-fi and aliens and inter-dimensional other shit that was in it.

There's gotta be something in TMNT that a kid can relate to and love, or else there's something fundamentally wrong with that kid.

Kids relate to Call of Duty now :)

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar

Haha... You've put forth a compelling case. I hope you're right!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Look at some show pics the Turtle Van looks awfully small for the figures it's accomodating. Anyone think with some judicious painting and accessory addition/subtraction that it might be put into use for Joes. I think it's pull off a post-apocalypse vehicle.

And Key-hrist is the sewer playset huge!

They wouldn't exactly say (again, secrecy and whatnot) but it was months ago so I don't remember exactly. The storyline had me scratching my head. I think parts will be cool, parts may be too much in a "gotta throw everything at it!" in a series that already had a little too much going on already.

Well Krang was a corruption of the original comics that had that alien brain-thing race. They reintroduced it in the 2000s cartoon series.

Last edited: