New TMNT Toys

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
The new turtle van might work for the Joe scale. I believe the turtles that are pictured with the van are 4.25-4.75". So, that might help you figure out whether or not it'll work.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah, when I hear that an Utrom was Shredder in the 2003 series, I shook my head. Shredder as a robot being controlled a Krang-like creature? I like the idea of Shredder being an actual person. Hopefully the new cartoon doesn't go that route.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If I remember correctly, Shredder is Oroku Saki, not a robot or alien. And I can't remember which way they're going with Splinter, whether he is a mutated pet rat or actually Hamato Yoshi turned into a rat, but they're going with one of those two previously-used canons.

The Utroms will play a major role, if I remember correctly.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Yeah, when I hear that an Utrom was Shredder in the 2003 series, I shook my head. Shredder as a robot being controlled a Krang-like creature? I like the idea of Shredder being an actual person. Hopefully the new cartoon doesn't go that route.

If I remember correctly, Shredder is Oroku Saki, not a robot or alien. And I can't remember which way they're going with Splinter, whether he is a mutated pet rat or actually Hamato Yoshi turned into a rat, but they're going with one of those two previously-used canons.

The Utroms will play a major role, if I remember correctly.

They merged the characters together. Krang was an Utrom fugitive found guilty of some crimes. The Utroms were on the way to take Krang to some prison planet. He escapes, sabotaged the ship and the all crash on earth in ancient Japan and Krang assumed the identity of Oroku Saki/The Shredder and leader of the foot. While the other Utorm use their skeletal robot bodies to hide amongst the humans.

Throughout time The Shredder is regarded as some kind of mysterious powerful immortal living for centuries. He encounters Hamato Yoshi somewhere through history. They have their love triangle thing with .. erm forget her name .. and Hamato Yoshi is killed and Splinter ends up in the sewer with the turtles an the TCRI mutagen, created by the Utroms who now own TCRI (in present time).

All these facts unfolds throughout the series of course. The 2003 series is actually done pretty well (aside from the whole Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers parts). They need to put that on DVD/Blueray already.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Oh and the whole idea of Hamato Yoshi being a human then transforming into Splinter is an idea exclusive to the 80/90's cartoon and Archie comic series. It was done to save kids the horrors of Hamato's death.

Which if you think about it, doesn't make much sense in terms of how the mutagen works.

I'm pretty sure they'll go with the "Hamato is a human and Splinter is his pet rat," canon.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
According to this:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=33602

He's Hamato Yoshi again, I'd imagine.

Confirmed Characters (voice actor/descriptions)
Leonardo - Voiced by Jason Biggs, Leader of TMNT, about same height as Raph
Donatello - Voiced by Rob Paulsen, Nerdy/inventor, somewhat taller than brothers (not much), has a crush on april
Raphael - Voiced by Sean Astin, Well built, gruffy
Michelangelo - Voiced by Greg Cipes, fun lovin' younger brother, a little shorter than brothers
April - Voiced by Mae Whitman, 16 yrs old, studying to be kunoichi
Splinter - Voiced by Hoon Lee, 6 Foot tall, was human before mutation, had daughter

Which works the opposite way that the Turtles mutate, which never made sense to me as a kid till I saw the movie.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Dang. .. Meh. .. but yeah, didn't make sense to me as a kid either.
Michelangelo - Voiced by Greg Cipes, fun lovin' younger brother, a little shorter than brothers
I met that guy. He is totally be Mikey in human form.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Well, they're not toys, but I just bought all 4 of Sideshow's Exclusive TMNT turtles. Now I'm going to have to sell a crap load of stuff, lol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got an original Metal Head missing all his limb attatchments. :(

Leatherneck looks to have potential. If the figure turns out good I think a remake and a revisioning of Croc Master may be in order.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Leatherheads pretty sweet...and i USED to have a Metal Head...wouldnt mind the new version...that praying mantis plant thing looks pretty cool too...

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
They didn't in the original comics, though.

But they've already made figures for the original comic. These are for the cartoon. and It wouldn't make sense for them to make some kind of hybrid when they haven't even yet made well articulated, cartoon accurate TMNT figures.

Did they have pupils in the very early episodes? Or am I having a memory lapse?

yep they did.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah, I know they had pupils in the original cartoon, but they also had irises and all of the turtles were the same tone of green. I'm not saying they should get rid of the pupils, I just think I they eyes completely white with mine. I think I'll also try to paint all of them closer to the green they were with the original toys.

I'll probably have a set unaltered, but I think I want to tweak them to resemble the original figs, more so than their toon counterparts.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
But they've already made figures for the original comic. These are for the cartoon. and It wouldn't make sense for them to make some kind of hybrid when they haven't even yet made well articulated, cartoon accurate TMNT figures.

He's talking about his preference, so I don't really see how this matters. :)

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Looks like August is when they'll be in stores. Classics are SRP $14.99 and the new Toon turtles are SRP $7.99-8.99:

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES:

Action Figures by Playmates Toys
With more than 11 points of articulation, these action figures are the most highly detailed and articulated Turtle figures ever made. Each turtle figure is uniquely sculpted, with heights ranging from 4.25 inches to 4.75 inches, to capture the individual personalities of the characters from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV show. The line includes the four main turtles, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo, as well as their sensei, Splinter, and April O' Neil, their human connection to the surface. Each Turtle is wearing his signature bandana and comes packed with their two core Ninja weapons for hours of Ninja playing excitement. A bonus weapons accessory rack is also included. The Basic Figure line also features characters from The Evil Foot Clan, including Shredder, The Kraang and a Foot Soldier. Each figure is compatible with the entire Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles line of vehicles and playsets.

(Suggested Retail Price: $7.99 - $8.99 each; Recommended Age: 4 & Up; Available: August 2012)

Retro-Collector Action Figures by Playmates Toys

The Retro Collector Action Figures reflect the look of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the 80's TV show. Each Turtle stands 6 inches tall, features more than 30 points of articulation and is authentically detailed to appeal to the true action figure collector. Each Turtle will come with its core Ninja weapons and a personalized sewer lid cover name base. The Retro-Collector Action Figures collection includes Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo.

(Suggested Retail Price: $14.99; Recommended Age: 4 & Up; Available: August 2012)

Nickelodeon Debuts Its Strongest Entertainment Toy Portfolio Ever With New Products For... -- NEW YORK, Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
The only store confirmed to be carrying the Classics line is TRU. So, we might see higher prices than the SRP $14.99.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Wait, so the Classic ones will have the eyes painted? Or not? Or are they doing a toon-accurate, toy-accurate, and new line? That doesn't make sense.

Sorry, to bring back the eye conversation. I'm not talking preference, just what they're releasing.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
lol the ones they're releasing have pupils. The one's pictured w/o pupils are just shops to show what they would look like without them.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ah. but the Turtles are still different colors, or not? I swear they looked just like the old toys, the first pics that were shown. Maybe I'm an idiot.

Just checked the first post. Yep, I'm an idiot.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why the Classic turtles are different shades of green if they're suppose to look like the original cartoon. Personally, I like the turtles being different shades of green, but I do wish that if they're going to do the Classics different shades of green, they would at least make them faithful to the original figures in that respect.

Just for the heck of it. A comparison showing all 4 turtles in the various lines:

Last edited: