Newest wave of renegades/30th

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The light blue and bright red do compound the cartoony issue.

Then again, it is a cartoon design-based figure. I dunno, I think I'd like to see a darker one in the greater Retaliation line, if possible.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The vest is fine, it's the rest of him that's too bright.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Speaking of the vest, toss it and the masked RCT head on the PoC/30th Cobra Trooper.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Speaking of the vest, toss it and the masked RCT head on the PoC/30th Cobra Trooper.

They all probably shouldn't have the same dragonov rifle as their standard weapon. It's nice weapon and all, specifically for snipers on a budget, but it doesn't serve a good stand in for an assault rifle like an AK74. I do like how they all come with RPGs though, if you get enough of them you can make some quick weapon cache dios or something.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It wouldn't be so bad if the Hasbro SVDS wasn't complete and utter ass. I wish the Captain America line would go on clearance so I could stock up on Winter Soldier SVDs. Dunno why they keep giving Troopers a designated marksmen rifle. It was a mistake in '82, no need to keep doing it for some stupid sense of nostalgia.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011

It's a bit too loose on the body of the POC/30th Trooper. Head fits alright, just needs some paint changes to match the body.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
It's a bit too loose on the body of the POC/30th Trooper. Head fits alright, just needs some paint changes to match the body.

Head sits a bit too high for my liking, so I dremeled it a bit. Personally, I think the vest fits fine... a bit loose sure, but likely way better on that ST torso than it might on a 25th trooper torso.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Head sits a bit too high for my liking, so I dremeled it a bit. Personally, I think the vest fits fine... a bit loose sure, but likely way better on that ST torso than it might on a 25th trooper torso.

I think painting the pouches black to match the existing 30th would be a good call. Dunno if I'm bothered enough by the slight height issue to break out the dremel.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Yes, got a pair of Zombies, another Techno-Viper and the Variant Steel Brigade with an all Snake-Eyes Body.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
that's a good comparison shot. I didn't know just how much they down played the purple by making it a darker shade.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011

at

http://www.figureoftheday.com/

for $35.99 shipped. A great deal on some great figures.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I rather like the Renegades Trooper (rather liking the Renegades show itself too).

Kinda wish they'd kept the muter colours seen on the early pics of the painted sample:

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
Agree with Dr.Syn.

Just finished watching season 1 last night and it was definitely an entertaining series,would like to see it have more seasons.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Renegades Trooper contines to grow on me, but he looks exactly like the prototype except for the sigil color (and size in the case of the flak vest one) and slight grey wash the legs have, and that's an easy fix.

Looks like they went wild with the red cuff sleeve cuffs on the production piece, too. Apple Barrel Colors Carolina Blue I bet is a damn close match to the blue they used.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
What wave does the Steel Brigade Delta fit into? He's fucking awesome. I got a "Black Friday" deal on the VAMP MKII from BBTS for like $15, and finally got my shipment from BBTS a few weeks ago, and got around to opening him tonight.

He'd make a killer POC Steeler with just the 25th head and webgear, and the vintage visor or some sort of update (I have the set from Alyosha, but I've seen others mod his iconic gear from the vintage figure).The only thing I don't like are the lighter green pockets on his arm. they sort of stand out, but the rest of the figure is fantastic!

I should get my BBTS 7-packs tomorrow... Totally stoked for that!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dunno, but they should have single carded him and made lame-ass '80s Steel Brigade the vehicle driver.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hopefully one of those Chinese sellers who did the 5 figures for $30 will get them.

I got 5 of those "Best of 80s" Troopers in one of those 5/$30 deals, and prior to the 30th/POC Trooper update, that was perhaps the best Trooper out there. Also, that set was rare as hell, so my fingers are crossed that they do something similar with some of these 30th drivers. I'd like to get that Black Dragon pilot just to have more Cobra troopers, but the SBD is an amazing figure.

What I don't get, though, is why he got that awesome helmet (which was a new mold, no? Or a reissue of a DTC sculpt?) and then had that weird semi-Snake-Eyes helmet underneath. This is one of those instances that I'd have been fine with another balaclava head, instead of that weird helmet that's too close to a Snake Eyes mask.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I got 5 of those "Best of 80s" Troopers in one of those 5/$30 deals, and prior to the 30th/POC Trooper update, that was perhaps the best Trooper out there.

I got one of those also. Great deal on some hard-to-find figures.

What I don't get, though, is why he got that awesome helmet (which was a new mold, no? Or a reissue of a DTC sculpt?) and then had that weird semi-Snake-Eyes helmet underneath. This is one of those instances that I'd have been fine with another balaclava head, instead of that weird helmet that's too close to a Snake Eyes mask.

Beats me. I plan on swapping it out anyway.