Newest wave of renegades/30th

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wave 4 is gonna be so sought after and rare that the fandom may just burn down Hasbro HQ over it.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Lifeline is sick. Airtight is sick. Sci-Fi is sick. Law & Order is pretty dang cool. Zombie is alright.

This wave is full of win. Definitely not any peg-warmers. Good job Hasbro.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The good thing about that wave now, is that I don't need multiples of any of them. I wanted multiples of L&O, but not after losing the alternate head. I never wanted Zombie Viper, but for a "bonus" fig in that wave, he's kind of cool as a tack-on. If they'd put Techno-Viper and Storm Shadow in that wave instead, it would perhaps be the sickest wave in the ME line.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Wave 4 is gonna be so sought after and rare that the fandom may just burn down Hasbro HQ over it.

I can't wait for the bitching. It will be great!! Buying online will be the better route from now on I imagine. Although, I did finally see Renegades figures at Target so there is hope. Luckily, nobody buys in my area. I'm going to shoot Lifeline next. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My d!ck will magically get bigger before I ever see that bada$$ wave at retail

So true.

Then again, if my dick magically enlarged one night I think giving a shit about a Joe wave would go flying out the window.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I just noticed that they got rid of the "U" & "E" on LL's knee pads. I'm actually relieved that they decided to do that. It bugged the crap out of me that the pre-production version had it, as if they would really go through the trouble of putting a "U" and an "E" on a knee pad. I'm really glad Hasbro made this change.

Although, I don't see his parachute harness any longer either, which is a bummer. The harness actually grew on me, as it made perfect sense for him to have it.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Makes sense for a pararescueman to have a 'chute.

I really like that head. The card art makes him look like an arrogant aviator. LL continues to rise in usefulness.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That will be a shame about the chute. That was a great accessory for him to have. Although in those colors he'd get shot down fast.

Totally going to get some RIT dye for him. He needs to be done up proper. :D

Did they use a real person for the card art? Seems like it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I just need to do a good repaint on those sunglasses and that head is ready. Probably trade the rest of the figure off. Definitely olive drabbing all that medical gear.

That parachute won't work with the production torso, either. Dunno if ANY of them will.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
The body would be cool for some Coast Guard dioramas or something as is. I think I'll hold on to it and see what magic I can do. That head would make a good aviator though. Goose or Maverick? :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hell, I don't have no damn jets, hoping it'll fit on the 25th Wild Bill torso.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I just noticed that they got rid of the "U" & "E" on LL's knee pads. I'm actually relieved that they decided to do that. It bugged the crap out of me that the pre-production version had it, as if they would really go through the trouble of putting a "U" and an "E" on a knee pad. I'm really glad Hasbro made this change.

Although, I don't see his parachute harness any longer either, which is a bummer. The harness actually grew on me, as it made perfect sense for him to have it.

I was just about to post that. I bet it's under the knee pads, which is retarded. They're also a darker red than they should be. Still, I can't wait to get him in-hand. I actually liked reading the entire "RESCUE" like on the vintage figure. I just don't see the point in removable knee pads if there's a gigantic hole in the knee.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Nobody has painted it here but I've seen it before. Just have a few of those guys with a basket plucking some sap out of the water. That would be pretty damn cool.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
i cant wait to get LL, LO, sci fi, air tight , techno viper & scarlet(as we always can use more chicks in the line ).

not having the chute doesn't bother me but his knee pads are way too dark
ya and no letters suck. lets hope they have a running change on the knee pads to lighten them up. the chute looked very cool but can do with out it though he is also missing the other helmet now . there might be a chance it still comes with him. i am glad he still has 95% of his gear. as the gear rocks for him. the head is very cool too.

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I was just about to post that. I bet it's under the knee pads, which is retarded. They're also a darker red than they should be. Still, I can't wait to get him in-hand. I actually liked reading the entire "RESCUE" like on the vintage figure. I just don't see the point in removable knee pads if there's a gigantic hole in the knee.

I think the "U" and "E" are under the knee pad. I plan on filling the peg-hole with apoxie and painting the apoxie red on 1 of mine. I plan on getting at least 4 Lifelines:

1 to leave as is
1 to have w/out knee pads
1 to paint Olive Drab. It's going to be fun trying to keep "RESCUE" on his leg...
1 for an extra

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I don't so much miss the chute now that the helmet is gone, either, but I hope they use those molds down the road. I would like to have the chute/helmet eventually. I thought it was a neat new addition to the figure, but at least they kept the character-specific items like all the medical stuff intact. He's going to be decked out like Lowlight, which is awesome.

Still irritated about Airtight's lacking vintage backpack. Maybe I can send my modded ARAH Airtight backpack to Raginspoon to cast in the proper color to have as one piece and for folks to buy?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
There will be so much fanboy rage (myself included) if this wave doesn't get released, that it's not even funny. I think it will be though. It just sucks that it will probably be the last wave before the new movie figures start to come out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
We know it will be and that's why only 5 states are gonna see them on the pegs.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
That Scarlett head is fugly though.

Based on the card art, what'd you expect? Blech. I actually think this Scarlett is one of the better (if not the best) modern era female head sculpt. I'll reserve my final judgement for when I have it in hand though.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That head won't stay on there anyway. I will use the body for my base female soldier.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I dunno. I though the 25th Scarlett (pony tail), Helix and RoC Scarlett (hair down) heads were pretty good, the Baronesses (pretty much all of them), Cover Girl and Lady Jayes not so much.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I dunno. I though the 25th Scarlett (pony tail), Helix and RoC Scarlett (hair down) heads were pretty good, the Baronesses (pretty much all of them), Cover Girl and Lady Jayes not so much.

The hat-less Jaye is a very good headsculpt, and the 2nd Cobra boxset Baroness was also very good.

Helix was just fine, as was ninja costume Scarlett, only let down by the paint job.

It's wrong that Hasbro doesn't do good female head sculpts. They don't do good female G.I. Joe head sculpts. The Star Wars line is lousy with serviceable female heads.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
These all look sexy as hell. To bad I'll never see them in stores. When do they "hit retail" anyway?

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The hat-less Jaye is a very good headsculpt, and the 2nd Cobra boxset Baroness was also very good.

Helix was just fine, as was ninja costume Scarlett, only let down by the paint job.

It's wrong that Hasbro doesn't do good female head sculpts. They don't do good female G.I. Joe head sculpts. The Star Wars line is lousy with serviceable female heads.

Yeah, that statement needs to be quantified a bit. A lot of the MU female head sculpts are shitty as well. Mary Jane, and Kitty Pryde come to mind. But there's also some good ones out there. Especially in the upcoming MU waves. She-Hulk and Scarlet Witch look phenomenal. Also, in the 6" scale (Marvel Legends) they really excel with the female head sculpt.