Newest wave of renegades/30th

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
KT and I weren't commenting on anyone's specific figures- if you want to paint your figures all black, that's totally cool and you should do it. We were just saying that it appears to be a pretty common custom these days, and we were more or less brainstorming about different things that could done.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
That Cobra Trooper should change his name to Geekzilla.

Geekatron would also suffice.

The others look fantastic, especially the 25th Anniversary ones!

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
I've seen the renegades on the shelf they are very "clone wars" which as I recall they said they weren't doing. I'll give you Duke, that even surprized me. I guess I have to see a Renegade CT in hand. If distribution keeps on the way it is I'll never see 'em anyway, no harm no foul.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Man, that huge Cobra symbol on the trooper kind of makes him useless. Didn't want to have to paint a vest that much.

I wonder if 2000 grit sand paper will work.

Let me rephrase, I know it will work, but how much scuffing on the vest will be tolerable? Maybe 2500 will work and leave the vest relatively unscathed.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Missing Lifeline, but otherwise, sans wannabe Ripcord, I'll likely buy them all if I can find them. Not a fan of the cartoon artwork, but meh, whatever...

Didn't think Lifeline was meant to be in this wave.

That trooper isn't all that bad, but I have a sneaking suspicion that mixing POC/Renegades will be a big mistake round these parts.

Nah, I think you're okay. The parts seem to work together pretty well.

I hear you. I want to do customs of a bunch of stuff from the Metal Gear Solid games. I have the parts and the ideas, just not the time. With winter coming, I'll be shooting less, so I'll probably have more custom time.

Me too, actually. Plus we have to do that Hoth dio at some point.

Well I thought the concencus here was Renegade figs suck.

Some people think that, but I don't think it's the consensus yet. Hell, I don't think we can all agree on much of anything (except maybe that we need more 1:18th stuff to be produced).

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I wonder if 2000 grit sand paper will work.

Let me rephrase, I know it will work, but how much scuffing on the vest will be tolerable? Maybe 2500 will work and leave the vest relatively unscathed.

Maybe it would scuff it just enough to give it a cloth look. Possibly just rough the surface enough to give it a little grit.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
that Tunnel Rat figures looks like a great base for customizers. What a cool wave of figures, I'll definatly be picking those up. I normal am not a big fan of the lavish neon-techno colors, but that's what makes it fun in a campy sort of way.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe it would scuff it just enough to give it a cloth look. Possibly just rough the surface enough to give it a little grit.

I know I used a Dremel cutting bit to mark up the uniform on my zombie to get a tattered cloth look.

*ponders this development*

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Wave 4 is Lifeline, Zombie-Viper, umm...

Kwinn & Data-Viper? (hah, heh, okay, fine)

EDIT: Airtight, Law & Order and Sci-fi are all in wave 4, not in wave 3 (which is Ripcord, Storm Shadow, Scarlett, Techno-Viper, Renegades Trooper and Tunnel Rat).

Last edited:

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
Wave 4 is Lifeline, Zombie-Viper, umm...

Kwinn & Data-Viper? (hah, heh, okay, fine)

EDIT: Airtight, Law & Order and Sci-fi are all in wave 4, not in wave 3 (which is Ripcord, Storm Shadow, Scarlett, Techno-Viper, Renegades Trooper and Tunnel Rat).

ok so wave 4 has only 3 figs and wave 3 has 6 you sure about that? that seems very off. also the main reason alot of the poc line sold was cuse of the killer gear. renegades is dead anyway so for the ppl that want them this will be it just like res they might do a 7 pack like res but the line is dead so i can see them taking gear away from them. the 30th should keep the same gear. as they will be done soon and then we will have roc 2 and i pray to god the figs are cool or ill be skipping most of that line agin.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Trooper is cool, but of limited use. Vehicles drivers is about it, as the lack of the newer wrist articulation disqualifies them from sharpshooter duty. No contest compared to the STs.

Scarlett probably just needs a new paint job on the head sculpt, something I'm really not qualified to do. I see L&Os being army-built to die at the hands of STs, while a single TR would make for an interesting take on a tank crewman or mechanic.

Great ides on usage of the figs. Scarlet will be my very first female action figure purchase. It's a big leap man!

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I'll definatly see if I can patch together a good pilot Scarlet using left overs from the blue 25th ann. version. The head sculpt may not allow the helmet much room though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Great ides on usage of the figs. Scarlet will be my very first female action figure purchase. It's a big leap man!

I'm wondering if a female upper torso can be mated to Tunnel Rat's lower, as that would open the door for some Dust style female armor maintenance crews.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heh. ;)

His head may make it onto a custom Tunnel Rat if I can settle on a look/source parts.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
out of what is shown I will be getting Airtight, Techno Viper and Sci Fi. The rest is all a pass...

same here...and where the heck is LL?

I am most disappointed about the lack of that alternate L&O head, and the omission of Airtight's signature backpack. I mean, I could be wrong, but I just don't see them in there. :(

i don't see it either...hopefully, its just REALLY well hidden cause that would be a bummer not to get...

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, hugely overdue and likely underproduced. You can bet he'll be scalped like there's no tomorrow.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
At this point I doubt I'll even get one unless I go to someone who is hoarding them. My vintage one needs to be replaced soooo bad.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm going to BBTS them the second they show up. I saw 2 Low-Lights at retail, and they were both $12 at Walgreen's, which barely counts as retail. I don't even expect to see Lifeline at retail, if at all, considering how late a wave he's released in.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, seems BBTS is seeing more orders come through and are taking advantage. As abusive as some of the places they sponsor. :p

Kokomo toys seems to be a better outlet right now. A small toy store not really trying to jack everyone too bad. Hopefully they stick to that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nice accessories with that there LL.

Gonna have a lot of repainting to do on Zombie Vipers. That Bio-Viper Jizz coloration has to go.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Painting over that red is going to be a bitch. Still at least has cool accessories.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
I guess I'm confused. So these two will be released in an upcoming wave (Wave 4 of the Renegades/30th line, right?). What other figures are we expecting to be released with these two? Law & Order and Storm Shadow. I can't think of any other right now.

So the rest of the case assortments will be stuffed with previously released figures. I thought the reason why Hasbro wasn't releasing Kwinn because there was no room for him, but it seems waves 3 and especially 4 have plenty of open spaces for him.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Wave 3 is:

1x Techno Viper (Renegades)
1x Cobra Trooper (Renegades)
1x Ripcord (Renegades)
1x Scarlett (Renegades)
1x Storm Shadow (Renegades)
1x Tunnel Rat (Renegades)

I assume that the remaining figures will be Wave 4.
Lifeline
Airtight
Law & Order
Sci-Fi
Zombie Viper

Is that missing anyone?