Night raid SEAL Team

Marine_Deadpool

Enlisted
Jun 3, 2011
Here is the latest project I have completed for Oliver Box. A few months ago, Oliver contacted me to set aside our massive ODA project to do an entire SEAL team in honor of the fallen Seal Team 6 members. I had thought about doing this myself since I had an issue of the Marine Corps Times that had pics of all of them, I wanted to make each one as a Joe... but that would take some time with finding the right heads resembling each SEAL to do it right. It was purely coincidence that he was thinking the same.

A SEAL team with a Platoon Commander and Two squads that breaks down into four fire teams dressed in battle rattle for a night raid! The squads are identified by the color of their patch and pockets, Green Squad with Torpedo and Tracker as the fire-team leaders, and Black Squad with Bullfrog and the Sniper as fire-team leaders. The Plt CDR, also un-named, was left with gray patches. I know this may go against some rules with identifying unit/officers... but it works here.

Roster:
Plt CDR
Tracker
Torpedo
Bullfrog
Un-Named Sniper

Enjoy!

Attachments

• SEAL Plt CDR1x.jpg
    SEAL Plt CDR1x.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 99
  • SEAL Plt CDRx.jpg
    SEAL Plt CDRx.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 95
  • SEAL Bullfrog frontx.jpg
    SEAL Bullfrog frontx.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Bullfrog backx.jpg
    Bullfrog backx.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 71
  • SEAL Torpedox.jpg
    SEAL Torpedox.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 78
  • SEAL Sniper frontx.jpg
    SEAL Sniper frontx.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 82
  • SEAL Sniper backx.jpg
    SEAL Sniper backx.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 68
  • CQB SEALx.jpg
    CQB SEALx.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 81
  • CQB SEAL backx.jpg
    CQB SEAL backx.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 55
  • SEAL Pltx.jpg
    SEAL Pltx.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
One helluva project. Patience of a Saint to do that team. Great Job!

Marine_Deadpool

Enlisted
Jun 3, 2011
Pretty amazing customs!

I love the Sniper's mustache!

I don't know where Oliver got the head from, but I think it is of the actor Sam Elliot. When I saw the unpainted cast, I didn't think it was going to work at all, but once painted it grew on me and I like it!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Very nice, very clean paint apps, the uniforms that were meant to look identical really do with the clean paint apps.
As soon as I saw that head I thought of Sam Elliot. Actually this popped into my head

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I don't know where Oliver got the head from, but I think it is of the actor Sam Elliot. When I saw the unpainted cast, I didn't think it was going to work at all, but once painted it grew on me and I like it!

And I thought by now you would have learned to trust me with part selection. ;)

This is just a great set. I'm very, very pleased.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
love em... where are the heads from?

Tracker's head is the extra head that came with POC Zartan. the SEAL Platoon Commander's head is a Christian Bale head from Slayer Designs. The Torpedo head, the Sam Elliot Head, and the "Bullfrog" head all came from Broken Arrow Toys. The other heads came from Night Fox, and copies of Night Fox made by The Casting Cave.

As for their names...
The SEAL Platoon Commander's name is: Geronimo

The figure listed as "Bullfrog" is actually supposed to be "Wet Down", and the un-named Sniper is supposed to be "Bullfrog".
Wet Down is a similar Rank as Torpedo, so he makes a good counterpart for the "Black Team"

We will be adding some more SEALs to this roster: Shipwreck, Link Talbot (code name: Orca), and more CQB SEALs.

And Night Fox will be leading a special squad of CQB SEALs: "Sea Shadows"... well, that sounds like a better name than "Fathom Phantoms"... OK, it's still a work in progress and I'm open to suggestions.