Official Figure Pic One-Shot Thread

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Joan d’Arc Recipe: Head from Joy Toys big clunky “sisters” of something series and the body is the Boss fight studio’s female knight of something 😉 Anyway along with a bfs horse and the tack kit I just have to dig out my miniature flag with the French Fleur-de-lis ⚜️
IMG_8477.pngIMG_8479.png

Last edited:

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Hey I was actually born in Orleans France 🇫🇷 and we’re triggered by people with matches 😉

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
IMG_9379.jpeg
Another LBC: Head is from a Star Wars female Joker squad figure, the vest, hat and pistolas are Chicken Fried toys and the body is Elena from Boss Fight Studios Zoro series.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
IMG_9821.jpeg
That Joy Toys head sculpt works great on more than just knight bodies. This body is one of the new AK 18 Boris Ping toys figures. I think I picked it up from AliExpress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Videoviper

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
IMG_0006.jpegIMG_0004.jpegIMG_0001.jpeg
1/18 motorcycles are usually a disappointment because they look so good at Walmart and then you get them home and they are too small for a true 1/18 scale or 4 inch figure. This bike is a cheap lanard from 5-10 years ago. Added PSA: Please kids, don’t be like reckless Suzy, always wear your helmet when riding 😉

Last edited:

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
So I got sick of how little articulation the 21-Century pilots had for my Pavehawk. I am now upgrading to custom 1/18 Marauders pilots.

Here's my work so far, just waiting on custom helmets from China...

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
That’s far better than the original pilots. I love the Marauders figures and accessories. Did you paint the helmet or is that a decal?

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
That’s far better than the original pilots. I love the Marauders figures and accessories. Did you paint the helmet or is that a decal?
The skull helmets didn't pan out. They were too brittle when trying to dremmel them to fit the marauders heads. HOWEVER! I still completed them with the Marauder flight helmets and accessories. Each of them still have the NVGs for night-time flight Ops. When I have more surplus cash, I'll update the crappy Gunners for marauders replacements as well.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
IMG_1184.jpeg
Agent “Peach” from the Mushroom organization, an international group dedicated to the eradication of snapping turtles and other chaos and mayhem…

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
IMG_1363.jpegIMG_1366.jpegIMG_1364.jpegIMG_1365.jpeg I’m finally getting close to making a custom Virginia State Trooper. I’ve got the parts that look like a good fit from different makers: CFT and Marauders. The gun belt needs some adjustment and work as we never carried the night stick on it but do have the ASP instead. Also the mag pouch should be on the front left and handcuff case is larger and thick with a rounded bottom. The hardest part will be matching the paint colors because I’m slightly color blind, so one of my girls will have to help with picking the right paint match. Do any of you guys have a preference for the brand/type of paint for these plastic figures that lasts without flaking off?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
To paint the white pants? I'd dye them with RIT synthetic. They have recipes for a zillion colors on their site... just don't leave stuff very long, as it can get darker than you want very quickly. 30 sec quick dips, rinse, check, and repeat as necessary.

If you insist on paint, I prefer Vallejo and Tamiya acrylics, but you'll need to sand the joints down or anything will rub/flake, and I recommend using a thin primer too. Vallejo makes primers in various colors, not just black, white, or grey so you can start with a primer that's close to your final color. Then at the end, a top coat of matte clear acrylic to protect it.

Reactions: Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
To paint the white pants? I'd dye them with RIT synthetic. They have recipes for a zillion colors on their site... just don't leave stuff very long, as it can get darker than you want very quickly. 30 sec quick dips, rinse, check, and repeat as necessary.

If you insist on paint, I prefer Vallejo and Tamiya acrylics, but you'll need to sand the joints down or anything will rub/flake, and I recommend using a thin primer too. Vallejo makes primers in various colors, not just black, white, or grey so you can start with a primer that's close to your final color. Then at the end, a top coat of matte clear acrylic to protect it.
Thanks for the advice, I’ll definitely check out their site. I never thought about dying the colors and I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s 😂

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Dying is tricky if you have more than one kind of plastic, as I've found hard ones take the dye better than soft plastics... but I've heard other people found the opposite. So getting everything the same shade might be tough. But even if you're going to paint, you might dye first, that way if you get any joint rub on the paint, the underlying plastic isn't far off color-wise and won't show badly.

Reactions: Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
IMG_1405.jpeg“Alright kid, don’t worry, we’ll find your dad before nightfall.” “Now what was your dad’s name again, Dr. Indiana Jones?”