Oktober Guard!?!

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I don't understand the fuss people are making over the Oktober Guard not using only Russian weapons. I thought it was pretty common for special forces groups to borrow from other countries' weapons, no? (Or maybe it's just using non-standard weapons)

The Joes do it all the time (not that it's any more accurate if they do, but it's comparable), and it was my understanding that real groups did it as well. Am I way off in that?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Off? not really, but all things being equal when it comes to fictional SpecFor teams that are toys they really should attempt to keep the weapons true to Bloc origin.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, why not hold them to at least some kind of standard, and not just thorwing shit on figures haphazardly?

This would probably be one of those times when not knowing shit about weapons would come in handy.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
For what it's worth, the box is pretty cool.

It coulda been better had they NOT used the sh!tty movie font...being that this an exclusive set, and the OG are very grounded in ARAH, I think it woulda made a lot more since to use the old school logo

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
It coulda been better had they NOT used the sh!tty movie font...being that this an exclusive set, and the OG are very grounded in ARAH, I think it woulda made a lot more since to use the old school logo

I honestly didn't even noticed they used the new logo and junk. I just saw the Sickle and Hammer and Cyrilic fonts. Still, cool box IMO.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
ok, so basically, if we bought the box, we could actually recoup on cost? those ig's should sell pretty easy, and probably a like 20 a figure. hmm, i'm not sure i wanna chance selling the ig's. i know i ain't gonna be selling to anyone here, we all hate em.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, like I said before, not sure they'll sell as well as some may think...the market is gonna be flooded with them nasty bastards

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
but kneroh and barefoot love ig's. i see them building these. but i have no way to network with em. don't think barefoot cares for me anyway, and if the word got out that i rejoined the tank under a new alias, there will be plenty goody two shoes that would turn me in.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The box set is what, 350? If you strike while the iron is hot the IG's may recoup a bit of the cost.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Neither have I. It would probably be the best way to unload them.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Seeing them all together, makes this set an easy pass for me. I may try to pick up one or two on the secondary market.. I just don't know how much I care any more.

unclassified

THE AYATROLLA KHOMEINI
Jan 31, 2012
the garden state of eden
this is something i have to think about, cause honestly, i can't afford 350 right now at this time in my life. i think i'm just gonna have to not think about these and ignore em and never have em. that would be the most logical thing for me to do.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well as non-attendees, whenever they may or may not get registration up, we likely won't even get dibs at homefront sets. I'm highly skeptical at this point that I'll even be able to score one measly set.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Registration is live!

For attendees.

Hello all!

Registration is now live. As of today, you can only register for attending packages. We will start non-attending package registration in a few days after we see what the demand is for people that are coming to the convention. There is no need to rush. Please take your time in the registration system to ensure you don't make any mistakes.

Go to GIJoeCon.com and click on Registration.

See you in NOLA!

Brian

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Good luck on getting anything as a non-attendee. I hope the movie push pisses enough people off that they just cancel the goddamn Con.

*Pout*

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
What mistake could you make when registering besides giving them your credit card number?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Picking the wrong attendee package and then wanting to change later?

(I know it was a joke, but they keep harping on the "we can't make changes" thing in their emails)

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Good luck on getting anything as a non-attendee. I hope the movie push pisses enough people off that they just cancel the goddamn Con.

*Pout*

According to WOJM, the Club's making more sets this year than last year, so here's hoping there's something left in a couple weeks....

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
According to WOJM, the Club's making more sets this year than last year, so here's hoping there's something left in a couple weeks....

I think attendance will be at an all time low.
The person getting me the bagged set did have problems registering actually. For some reason they overcharged the credit card on purpose like they do at hotels & gas stations. So it was denied even though they had $50 more than required. :wtf:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Homefront Heroes packages just went up for non-attending members. I snagged my first set, and a bagged set, although the email was weird about getting second sets. I wasn't sure if they meant boxed or carded or what, but they are currently limiting one per household, or something, until further notice.

Yes, I'm an idiot.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's like $550. I think PCS is going to be my bagged-buddy, but even if he ends up not needing it, I can flip it on eBay for a little extra or sell them on here to peeps.

Honestly, I'd rather keep the bagged set and sell the damned box set if I can't get another person to go in with me on it. So long as I can split it closer to 50/50, it's fine by me. I'm not looking to get mine for free, and I'm not looking to sell it.

At worst, I sell both off if it comes down to cash. I don't think I'll have a problem moving either set if I ditch them.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It's like $550. I think PCS is going to be my bagged-buddy, but even if he ends up not needing it, I can flip it on eBay for a little extra or sell them on here to peeps.

Honestly, I'd rather keep the bagged set and sell the damned box set if I can't get another person to go in with me on it. So long as I can split it closer to 50/50, it's fine by me. I'm not looking to get mine for free, and I'm not looking to sell it.

At worst, I sell both off if it comes down to cash. I don't think I'll have a problem moving either set if I ditch them.

If PCS backs out, I'll be your Bag buddy. I'm really only interested in the bagged set.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Here's the full e-mail:

Hello all!

NON-ATTENDING Registration is now live.

WE ARE LIMITING EVERYONE (per household/per member, duplicate accounts for the same person don't count) TO ONE SET DURING THE FIRST 24 HOURS. After that time period we will entertain potential second sets. If you choose more than one set we may cancel your entire order.

IF YOU LOG IN INCORRECTLY AND ARE GETTING NON-MEMBER PRICES PLEASE CONTACT US AS WE ARE NOT ABLE TO CORRECT THE PRICING AFTER THE FACT. YOUR LOG IN IS THE SAME AS THE ONE YOU TESTED IN THE STORE.

Use the email link at GIJOECON.com in the menu on the left if you need to contact us.

In addition, the attending sets left in stock are now reserved for people who have not ordered a set AND you will be limited to ONE.

Please take your time in the registration system to ensure you don't make any mistakes.

Go to GIJoeCon.com and click on Registration.

See you in NOLA!

Brian