Oktober Guard!?!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I got the impression that they'd cancel your order if you ordered more than one, including a bagged set. Thoughts?

Likely, knowing my luck. I couldn't tell from their dumb fucking e-mail, because they weren't specific.

I figured they meant one Con set per household, meaning the Homefront Heroes boxed set. But they could have meant a bagged set. Again, they didn't really explain it clearly.

It was an option, and I don't want to do a second order later, so I selected it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Also, I love how they're like "please read carefully" yet they give you a goddamn 6:00 timer to do the entire checkout process. "Please read the 'Terms & Conditions' carefully."

Okay, then don't set a fucking timer for only 6 minutes.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They set a timer? HA!

Yeah. I can't wait to get to cancel my CC when the info gets leaked again. I think I put in the correct CC info... Who knows. I tried to double-check, but I was under a timer after all.

They haven't sent confirmation e-mails.

I read the fresh thread at HT (it should blow up any second now) and it sounds like others did like me, so hopefully I don't lose both sets. It'd be fucking retarded of them to cancel the entire order if their system is set up to allow it, and especially if they were vague on it, considering that bagged sets can only be bought if you get a boxed one to begin with (it's not like they can sell them individually without a prior boxed set purchased anyways, or else I'd just do that).

But, retarded seems to be their M.O. this season, so...

If they could fuck this up anymore, that'd be what my money was on.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Homefront Heroes packages just went up for non-attending members. I snagged my first set, and a bagged set, although the email was weird about getting second sets. I wasn't sure if they meant boxed or carded or what, but they are currently limiting one per household, or something, until further notice.

Yes, I'm an idiot.

F#$%! I'm supposed to be getting a bagged set for Eddie, but they said only one set can be ordered, so I didn't order the second set yet because they said they'd cancel the entire thing!

Holy shit I wish this club would get it's head out of it's collective ass.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They may cancel my order. I just saw that it said bagged was available, so I got it.

I have another account in my gf's name and could technically get a second set with that membership, but by the way they worded it, sounds like one per household would fuck that. Plus, I don't want two boxed sets, I just wanted the figures.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
One less guy the club can f*@# over :D

In all seriousness, I'm good either way...I'm only 50% interested in the set anyhow...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Update from the Club:

Hello all!

It took just a little over 3 hours for the non-attending Oktober Guard sets to sell out! We did not have that many to put online for those not coming to the convention. We wish there were more, but there are not. Please do not call about these sets as there is nothing the customer representatives can do.

I have been asked how a member could not get a set. Well the answer is that these are convention exclusives, not member exclusives. They go first to the people attending the convention, then to non-attending fans. It is very difficult to call the number from year to year and we try to make the best guess we can.

We sill have 12" sets both attending and non-attending available. There are just a few attending Oktober Guard sets left. If you have already ordered one, you cannot order another.

Looking forward to a great convention!

See you in NOLA!

Brian

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Club just sent an email stating the OG set is sold out for non-attendees. There are a few sets left reserved for Con attendees.

edit: MR beat me to it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Anybody gotten a confirmation yet? On their order?

I still can't believe they gave zero notice on these and they sold out around dinnertime PST.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
If the Club had been smart about this, they could have made much more money and made more members happy. Instead of being so secretive about what the Con Exclusive was going to be, they should have revealed the set when they had the mockups done and before production, and setup a system for pre-orders. They would have had a reasonable idea of how many to make, they could have loosened their restrictions on order limits, which would have resulted in more sets sold and likely a lower cost/set for the the Club, which would have greatly increased their profits and lowered the amount of fan bitching....

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
They have the attendee exclusives they can screw people over with. The Con sets, with members willing to shell out $350-500 for a set or two, is a missed opportunity.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The Club is managed by morons, Charade. At first I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but after 2 years of stupid decisions that have both cost them (and members) money, and pissed off their own membership/fanbase, I don't think otherwise anymore.

I don't know why they waited so damn long to show the Con mockups. At this point, they have to have the figures in hand, so why not show final fucking product instead of bad Photoshop jobs?

I also have a bazillion other nits to pick with them, but it won't do any good. They're idiots, there's no reason to question their motives anymore because you'll just drive yourself nuts trying to rationalize it.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
You're right, of course, MR. I'm only new to the Club for just under 9 months; it has not been a stellar 9 months for these guys.

I think this is the only "fan club" organization I've ever joined, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I am constantly amazed how little keeping the fans happy and in the loop seem to matter to The Club.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Same here. It's the only "Club" of any kind I've ever joined, and it's only for the figures. I don't even go to their boards.

If there was even a slightly-pricier alternative to not dealing with them to get their figures, I would. Until then, they're the only game in town and I'm not spiteful enough to go to eBay to pay the ridiculous scalper prices to acquire these when I can get them from the (albeit idiot-run) source.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Got my e-mail confirmation. I'm in for a boxed and bagged set.

That sucks for the guys who were confused by the vague e-mail. I almost made the same mistake myself. It really could have gone either way, unfortunately. I was half expecting my order to get cancelled.