Oktober Guard!?!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Oktober Guard!?!

News has come out on the Joe Convention and it appears that the set will include some Oktober Guard. Check the link below:

http://www.gijoecon.com/no2012/index.cfm

FP Story:
http://www.fighting118th.com/2012/04/05/oktober-in-june/

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Just saw and rushed here to post about it. I'll be buying one for damn sure, unless they royally screw up the figs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like once agaon that terrible Cobra Trooper SVDS is gonna rear it's ugly head. these will probably suck so it's no worry to me.

Fogger has me a Daina head, so I'll do my own eventually.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Oktober Guard, eh? Not something that's a must-have, but a nice-to-have. Here I was expecting them to flesh out the rest of the Marauders and Tiger Force. Hmm, weird.

Wonder if it'll be Oktober Guard vs. Joes?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I wonder if they will make a custom Ocktober Guard cyber criminal called Sgt. Savage?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Oktober Guard, eh? Not something that's a must-have, but a nice-to-have. Here I was expecting them to flesh out the rest of the Marauders and Tiger Force. Hmm, weird.

Wonder if it'll be Oktober Guard vs. Joes?

I think it will be OG vs Cobra

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yup.

300-400 bucks for some oft-times lazily assembled frankenfigures.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thats what i thought. Just wanted to hear it to be sure. I sooooo wanted that crimson set, but always saw it at those said prices. Was not sure if that was scalping or not. Looks like i too will have to make them.
Thanks!!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'll be interested in the set, depending on how many OG figures are in the set. Normally the set has about 12 army builders and only three or so individual figures. I can't think of any troop builders that really fit the OG theme, unless they invent some kind of Russian version of the "green shirts".

If they do the five original OG members, I'll have to pony up for the set. But I'll be damned if I'm paying by any method but a check...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'll be interested in the set, depending on how many OG figures are in the set. Normally the set has about 12 army builders and only three or so individual figures. I can't think of any troop builders that really fit the OG theme, unless they invent some kind of Russian version of the "green shirts".

If they do the five original OG members, I'll have to pony up for the set. But I'll be damned if I'm paying by any method but a check...

Very good points. I'm expecting something along the lines as last year. 6 or 7 Joes(OGs) and then a bunch of Cobra Army builders. I will admit that if they make a badass generic Russian like Green Shirt I might freak out lol.

Straight Cash Homie :pirate:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Very good points. I'm expecting something along the lines as last year. 6 or 7 Joes(OGs) and then a bunch of Cobra Army builders. I will admit that if they make a badass generic Russian like Green Shirt I might freak out lol.

Straight Cash Homie :pirate:

You gonna give your money to a thief again? :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I dunno, they can't manage for shit, but last year's set was better than 50% good. Some figures were downright must-haves, if you ask me.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It just so hit and miss with them...I'm sure it could be amazing IF they use the right parts that they DO have...the problem is they rarely do that...

i.e. Footloose

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I thought the Mission Brazil Wet-Suit was killer. And Claymore was damn impressive, as was Sparta (although let's face it... Cover Girl will be a better use of those "pre-paint" parts). Even the SMB2 Dial-Tone was pretty great. The Python Patrol guys weren't bad either. Hell, I'd say that 75% of last year's set was pretty good, even though I didn't get them all. The only really weak-weak one was that awful Mainframe.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
lurked a few Joe sites and the talk is a probable IG vs OG set. I could see it happening

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well you know the IG figures are gonna suck. Every figure that has worn the IG faction name since the original Iron Grenadiers has been pretty damn mediocre.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Well you know the IG figures are gonna suck. Every figure that has worn the IG faction name since the original Iron Grenadiers has been pretty damn mediocre.

It will most likely be 7-8 IG's, a repainted Destro and Baroness lol. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they use the same baroness as the Crimson set and put her in IG colors. Assuming that most of their budget will be used on the OG, they will have to cheap out on the IG troopers

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It will most likely be 7-8 IG's, a repainted Destro and Baroness lol. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they use the same baroness as the Crimson set and put her in IG colors. Assuming that most of their budget will be used on the OG, they will have to cheap out on the IG troopers

Sounds like their M-O.

Maybe they'll announce a vehicle and the molds will break before production commences.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I thought it was early on, with the Alaskan pipeline or something. Talking comics here, not Sunbow.

I could be totally wrong though. Maybe just the arctic similarities...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I would have to go back and check them out. I wanna say kwinn first appeared in issue 8 or 9

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
This may be a huge assumption, but wasn't Kwinn introduced with the old Guard?

That UPS short wearing tool was shown in one of the first 5 comics I think. I can't remember if it was the arctic scene where Snake Eyes got the skull necklace or if it was when they were in the jungle with Dr. Venom.