On the Workbench

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Lol.

Nope,sure don't. I'm not even home now,had to go out of town last night,can prolly take some this weekend. Been done with him for a while. I pretty much have all the tv walkers except the well Walker,and charred Walker done..all the heads are in my work area,still haven't made molds of them either,lol.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Here are a few things I have been working on - not much I can do with fine motor skills until my finger finishes healing...

SnakeEater

Enlisted
Dec 12, 2013
some TWDs w.i.p.s. using contrabands heads

Glenn

Merle, lovable redneck. (awesome character, too bad they killed him off) still sculpting the details on Merles knife hand.

and heres Rick WIP using Kwinn

Attachments

• IMG_1658.JPG
    IMG_1658.JPG
    367 KB · Views: 16

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Contraband. If I get you a couple Penny Dreadful heads, do you think you could do some shrink work for me?

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I have a box of those bricks...been trying to figure out what to do with them.

Tell me about it. I've got a case

I got a single box on clearance at Wal-Mart for $3.00 years ago... I made a different building back then....it needs some more work, details and weathering and such...I like where the recent one is heading...still needs more work and windows are too low. :( Oh well only so much I can do right now...big foam bricks and wood glue and washes I can handle...detailed painting...not yet.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
some TWDs w.i.p.s. using contrabands heads

Glenn

Merle, lovable redneck. (awesome character, too bad they killed him off) still sculpting the details on Merles knife hand.

and heres Rick WIP using Kwinn

Fuckin A those are bad ass!!!! WOW man! You need this for Glenn!!

Finally have spare copies!! I'm making a gang mold this weekend too:D

It's the vest that was packed in with Glenn..I have his rifle with sling too. I'm finishing up Rick's AK,then I'll make a mold of just guns,and one of slings. The little buckles&loops all transferred over nicely to 1:18 on them. very pleased to finally have an assortment of slung weapons. I can't tell ya how long I wanted them.

Here's the helmet. It didn't fit the original Glenn head. Glenn's head is shrunk 5% more then that helmet was..plus it's thick,so there's tons of meterial to dremmel away to make it fit even better.

I'm working on the crotch&leg armor from the riot gear walkers for the cobra trooper buck. I can shrink the lower arm off of Merle. The hand part could be cut off,and glued onto a Joe arm. I honestly didn't think to do it.

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Contraband. If I get you a couple Penny Dreadful heads, do you think you could do some shrink work for me?

Absolutely! I've been eyeballing them at TRU! Very nice sculpts!! a lot of you will be happy to hear I got the Funko Firefly figures a couple days ago on clearence at Barnes&Noble!! ALL OF THEM!! never liked the show,but they where heavily requested.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Contraband, is any of thist stuff, particularly the root gear, gonna be available?

Also, are you still interested in shrinking a 1/6 MAJ Bludd head?

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Right now I've got 4 people to get everything back to. Once that happens I'll take on more stuff. My turn over has turned to shit since my work schedule has changed...that'll be fixed at the end of the month.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Going in the next batch:trollface:

What do I size these to? I know nothing about this show other then it's boring as hell! I'm assuming the big Guy's hat should be shrank as well?

The rest of the figure's accessories are kinda lame. One guy has mini dinosaurs. lol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That figure looks nothing like Jewel Staite, and that saddens me deeply.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've yet to see a line Funko hasn't short-changed in some fashion. I wonder if they look better stripped of paint?

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Good question. Wash seems to be the worst of the bunch but would make an excellent contender for a realistic Beavis custom.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
The sculpts are solid. The paint apps are what's killing them IMO. The eyes aren't correct,..the skin tones are kinda funky,stuff like that. I'll post them up when I'm done. The scales seem to be all over the place tho. The black chick is twice the size of the other chick,so they'll take a little more work to get them all within the same scale.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The scales seem to be all over the place tho. The black chick is twice the size of the other chick,so they'll take a little more work to get them all within the same scale.

5" difference between the actresses in real life. :trollface:

Rider

Au Soleil !
Jul 30, 2015
Marseille
cobra.4umer.com
Among other things on my Desk:

(with a HUGE thanks once again to Contraband)

A close up to see the details on Rick and Daryl heads:

Bodies are just a mock up here, just to have an quick idea
I hope I'll do justice to these casts !

SnakeEater

Enlisted
Dec 12, 2013
Nice work, man.

Indeed, these are looking great!

thanks guys! (big thx to contraband again)

Among other things on my Desk:

(with a HUGE thanks once again to Contraband)

wow..looks great! bad ass looking michonne. Muskrat body (i think) works for Darryl. I have him using Storm Shadow, which i think Contraband shrunk the head to fit that body. but I like the slimmer arms for Darryl which will help him hold his crossbow better.

Abraham, Maggie - good ideas. I'm gonna use Heavy Duty for Abraham.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Mal and Jayne look decent enough.

You need to cast Vera (Jayne's gun).

I'll take one of each.

Rider

Au Soleil !
Jul 30, 2015
Marseille
cobra.4umer.com
wow..looks great! bad ass looking michonne. Muskrat body (i think) works for Darryl. I have him using Storm Shadow, which i think Contraband shrunk the head to fit that body. but I like the slimmer arms for Darryl which will help him hold his crossbow better.

Abraham, Maggie - good ideas. I'm gonna use Heavy Duty for Abraham.
Thanks buddy

It is not Muskrat however but something close maybe?

I used
Renegades Ripcord torso
Dreadnoks Gnawhide arms
Retaliation Colson legs
Indiana Jones Vest
ROC Zandar belt moded
He can lift his crossbow perfectly

I still don't have Michonne's head but the body is ready ^^

I would use HD body for Tyreese too

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I'm pretty much done with making those. I just don't have the time I once had...I'm going to do a few more runs when I get a chance of the older ones,and some new ones,and call it a wrap on casting till I get situated moving wise.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm pretty much done with making those. I just don't have the time I once had...I'm going to do a few more runs when I get a chance of the older ones,and some new ones,and call it a wrap on casting till I get situated moving wise.

The wave with Beth is just around the corner. :trollface:

Funko Rocketeer is awesome. I also just picked up this awesome ReAction Tomorrowland fig at the Disney store for like $5 the other day on sale. She's got so much potential for cool pics! (see below Tiger quote)

I want to grab that Athena as a '50s civie, but I don't think it's in the cards. She'd be a nice background figure with a repaint.

Last edited: