Our fearless leader has found a queen

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
MU HA HA HA! I SHALL OUTLAST YOU ALL AND ERADICATE THE MEMORIES YOU HOLD DEAR!

Wait what?

I was born in 1980, and back then stuff hung around in stores for a while I guess, as I remember most of the 1982-1983 stuff, though I think most of the toys I had were from 1984 onward. I vividly recall getting a carded Baroness for a birthday or something.

Hell, I even had EcoWarriors GI JOES!

I was too old by the time the dumb GI JOE EXXXTREME or whatever came out though.

But yeah I can see being on the 'younger' side of the 'classic' fans.

(and thank you!)

1980?!?! No wonder you remember Eco Warriors! SMH...

I was born during the early days of the Ford administration, and I recall buying straight-arm Joes off the pegs in '83! (I feel old just typing that...) My first Joe was Clutch (because VAMP), and then I followed with SEv1.5 and Stalker v1 (I wasn't old enough to have bothered looking for swivel-arm Stalker, as I still didn't realize the difference or that there were two versions).

I'll never forget buying Zap and having both of his shitty thumbs breaking off in the first 24 hours because he had zero prayer of holding that bazooka without bicep swivels.

Anyway, I can see it now. In a decade, NSA will be like, "Happy birthday, daughter! For your special day, I got you this case of Sherman's from Monkey Depot! It wasn't easy, but I tracked it down..." That's what I do with my son. Every birthday and x-mas, in addition to stuff he's asked for, ten-year-old SW and Indiana Jones toys appear to my son's delight, and I play like I had to scour the earth finding them... not just rummaging through my storage unit. ;)

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
No worries, NSA. You can do it. I was 35 when we had our youngest. Yeah, it's tougher, but you're a pro by then, so it pretty much offsets. And since it makes your wife happy to have the baby, let her do all the challenging stuff while you see to the older one(s). :trollface:

As for having your first at that age... Don't do it, Eddie!!! You need to "go on a work trip" and get fixed. Then you can claim "I'm trying as hard as I can, honey!" :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I just turned 41, so yeah, not happening. I can't even see the ship that sailed anymore.

I mean, I'm just being totally selfless, but I don't want her to ruin her beautiful jugs...for her sake. :trollface:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The queen made a princess! Congrats NSA!

• Love
Reactions: NSA

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Haha thank you! It was a lot of hard work on my part :)

Back at work this week, and off again next week.. baby and mom are doing well, she's sleeping a little bit, so life isn't totally terrible. It's still impacting my gaming time though :'(

A baby at 37.. what is wrong with me! Certainly different than having a baby at 22. Though I think the experience factor helps offset the aching bones somewhat..

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wonder if statistically older more mature parents raise better children...? Even if they had previously never had children/zero experience.

Congratulations on the new workload BTW. 😁

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I don't know, I think the wisdom you gain with age also lets you cut a lot of corners to save time for other fun stuff..

I imagine it probably is more based on the type of person, a good person will probably be a good parent at any age and a bad person will likely suck at it forever.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably. I just feel like the older we get, the more emotionally developed we get. Of course, like you said, that depends on what kind of person you are to begin with. I certainly know I'm much more rationally mature now than I was at 23.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I think so too. But then you also probably are more prone to becoming a helicopter parent if you're old and wise and afraid of everything.. whereas a younger person might still be adventurous/etc. That is counteracted somewhat for me since I had kids younger, so I more or less know what will and won't kill them.. so I don't stress the little things as much. But if you were an older first time parent, I could see how it could be more stressful.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I had my first at 32. While I don't think I ever stressed out, I assume I was appropriately cautious. The second one definitely gets a longer leash though. I think that part is true for parents of any age.

I don't think I'd want to have kids past 35 though. Now in my 40's, I'm starting to understand why older people don't like to get in the floor. After 15 minutes, everything hurts.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I am at (past) my cut off for the most part. I'll be 55 when she's 18. I certainly don't want to be any older than that with a young'in.

My wife is 5 years younger though, and we didn't get married until she was like 31, so she still has the idea that she wants another one.. I said sure, when we get a bigger house and I don't get any older :)

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Well... I have been married for over 30 years .

There are 2 types of people

Happy and married.

At times the 2 do not go together

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm at 16 and counting. I've found that as long as I'm getting some twice a week, any and all martial issues seem trivial. In rare times of stress that cause frequency to dip, that's when shit gets magnified. My wife knows it too. We can be arguing, and she'll look and me and say, "clearly we need to get laid."

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heh. I'll need to try that next time we're having a disagreement. "Shut up and let's %$@#!!". I'll let you know how it goes.