Playsets and Display Environments

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I hate Walmart. Except when I can get a big ass castle for $10. I picked up mine at the store tonight. It was a great deal but now the price is back up to $72.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Got a shipping notice for both of my castles... in two shipments. dunno, don't care :)

The boxes are pretty big. I'm fairly certain that they cost more to ship than the actual price that was paid for the castle.

The first wave I ordered came in last week. I had them shipped to me and each one came in a separate shipping order. The second wave I did the ship to store and picked those up last Friday.

Wave three is still in processing, i got a notice that they are working with the supplier to try to fill it. That one may end up getting canceled.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011

Doesn't pack back up very well.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Holy shitsnax, you guys ain't kidding! I just got my first castle, and thought both were somehow in the same box, but nope. Yeah, you'd have to take pics as you peel back the layers for that to be any help! I don't have time to crack it open today, but I will tomorrow and I'll see if I can take some pics to help.

Man, you just know somebody at WM.com got fired for putting the decimal point over one too many places when they listed what likely was supposed to be a $99.99 sale price.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Holy shitsnax, you guys ain't kidding! I just got my first castle, and thought both were somehow in the same box, but nope. Yeah, you'd have to take pics as you peel back the layers for that to be any help! I don't have time to crack it open today, but I will tomorrow and I'll see if I can take some pics to help.

Man, you just know somebody at WM.com got fired for putting the decimal point over one too many places when they listed what likely was supposed to be a $99.99 sale price.

Pfft WM deserves it for keeping clearance items at FULL price :grumpy:

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I built my Schleich Castle last night to take some up close pictures of all the pieces. I think I'm going to need a bigger table if I want to expand it with the other castles I got. I still have to wait a couple weeks to open any more so we can give our daughter hers for her birthday. I already gave her the 2 guys that came with this one though. I added my Wizard tower since it will be an integral part of the whole castle.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Save for the dumpster they should all be fudgable as 1:18.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
This one is from a line called Creepy Crawlers from Jakks Pacific

This one is the Creepy Crawlers Operation X-Ray set I got from Amazon for a little under $9.

They have some other great looking equipment in that line.

A Bugmaker

Smasher and Grinder

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Some pretty cool stuff there!

This reminds me we have one of those bug maker toys...we need to get that thing out and use it. Stinks to high heaven when it's "baking".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

I had the original incarnation from the T2 days, but this one looks like it would be more useful for our scale.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I had a great goodwill trip last week. Picked up the Loving Family Sweet sounds house for $5. It needs some renovations but I couldn't pass it up for $5. I also got another smaller house, a Scooby Doo haunted house, and a Playmobile pirate ship.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
DioWarriors has the skeletons for $10.

Hey Drop, imagine what I could do with that dollhouse there, with all the 1:18 bric-a-brac I have in that Schelich thing.