Professor X!!!

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index...._Panel&pic=IMG_7490.jpg&dispsize=600&start=20
My to do list!
  • Agent Coulson
  • Lex Luthor
  • Green Hornet
  • Question
  • Xamot
  • Tomax
  • Tony Stark
  • Obadiah Stane
  • Justin Hammer
  • Bruce Wayne
  • Happy Hogan
  • Franklin Foggy Nelson
  • Matt Murdock
  • Commisioner Gordon
  • William Stryker
  • Dr. Bolivar Trask
  • Harvey Dent
  • Norman Osborn
  • Red Skull
  • Black Mask
  • Silvermane
  • Clark Kent
  • Henry Peter Gyrich
  • TV reporter Hector Ramirez
  • Riddler
  • Joker
  • Tombstone

Last edited:

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Ah, fantastic news. Now all that remains is getting my hands on a hand full, be it locally or online.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
yeah, a suited figure has soooooo many customization possibilities, I'll be buying every one I see.

Thinking the same.

Consider this one fucking bought. When exactly is this wave supposed to appear next year?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
This is excellent news! Hopefully when this figure comes out it will not be too difficult to find. Can't go wrong with having a few suits around. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Only problem is finding a way to dispose of the flaccid dick chairs.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, that stupid chair is what will suck about the figure. Meh, just put them in a custom fodder lot on e bay.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Look at that first shot of it, limp dick and balls!

Well, there's a second bad thing, and that's MU hip joints. Still, it's a suited figure, and that opens up many a dandy custom possibilities. Might spend the dosh for a 1:18 antique car, now.

Gonna need to stock up on Indiana Jones fedoras, too.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Hell, I'm thinking I may need that CIA helicopter to have a few agents in it. So many possibilities for this but the articulation will suck. Oh well, better than nothing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, who though the Air America Huey would actually be useful.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Now if he comes with that chair is it going to be a regular priced figure or more because of accessories?

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Awesome! I need more suits.

Look at that first shot of it, limp dick and balls!

Well, there's a second bad thing, and that's MU hip joints. Still, it's a suited figure, and that opens up many a dandy custom possibilities. Might spend the dosh for a 1:18 antique car, now.

Gonna need to stock up on Indiana Jones fedoras, too.

Isn't that the SDCC Destro mold? That didn't have MU hip joints but it did have the Star Wars knee ball joint.

I used it for my Transporter custom.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Man, I wish they'd made that chair in Legends scale. The Xavier I have just has the regular wheelchair. Same thing with Jubilee, and a proper Jim Lee Jean Grey in the 6" scale.

That suit's going to be awesome. In this scale though, I'd rather have a regular wheelchair, because I don't really want one to keep as Xavier. Go figure. They're bound to reuse him later and do a regular wheelchair, I'd imagine.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Now if he comes with that chair is it going to be a regular priced figure or more because of accessories?

I wish he was coming with a regular wheel chair as unless they're doing a Jim Lee-era, complete X-Teams set who gives a fuck about the hover chair?

Isn't that the SDCC Destro mold? That didn't have MU hip joints but it did have the Star Wars knee ball joint.

I used it for my Transporter custom.

I can't tell from the lousy picture, but I certainly hope so. I always liked the pre-'60s look of the Destro figure's suit.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
And a new Archangel in ML scale! Glad I got the regular Angel version of Warren, because I never really loved that Archangel mold. Fingers crossed for a 6" Jubilee, and my Jim Lee Legends will finally be finished!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
If you need a regular wheelchair go find an Avatar figure Rex. I copped one at ROSS for like $3.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh fuck! They are making a Jim Lee Jean! Woo-hoo. I just skipped through the panel. Finally, it's been what, 5-10 years?

I know I've seen a Lee Jean on the pegs, so I don't know what all that shit is about unless it's for the ML line.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you need a regular wheelchair go find an Avatar figure Rex. I copped one at ROSS for like $3.

I don't "need" one, I'm just saying it's a more useful "useless" accessory as compared to Flaccid Dick Chair.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, that chair is assinine. Guess it's what he rolls with though so not much that can be done. Stupid Marvel BS! Where's the realism? How the hell is that thing powered anyway? It has to suck up some serious power to float around.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably worked like his exoskeleton did, pure psychic energy, though not as much as aforementioned exoskeleton.

That's why they dragged Jean Grey's sorry ass to Avalon, because the Prof. was wasting power so he could prance around. Yes I know that's not really why.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I know I've seen a Lee Jean on the pegs, so I don't know what all that shit is about unless it's for the ML line.

The upcoming one shown in the linked panel is listed under the Legends section, and there's never been a ML Jim Lee Jean Grey (there was the Phoenix, which I have, but I dislike Phoenix Jean, and to me, the 90's Jim Lee look is the iconic Jean Grey) so yes... My excitement would be for the ML line Jean Grey. ;)

That MU one sucks ass.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, they do. I only have a handful of them, mostly impulse buys unfortunately. They can't get the detail in that line for some reason like they can for Joes. Blows my mind why they can't get the same level of quality across their bigger-selling 3-3/4" lines like Star Wars or MU, but... sigh.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, Blood, I've seen that Avatar figure in Ross once, and passed it up. I just can't justify buying anything from Avatar. The wheelchair looked a bit wonky anyways.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I believe all the talent lies on the Joe sculpting team, but the MU and SW teams get all the freedom.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's not just bias because I'm attached to the Joe brand so much... But they do have some stellar sculptors on their team. The POC/30th figures are on almost on par with the Toy Biz ML figures in terms of sculpt, and they're almost 1/3 the size.

Some MU figures look fantastic, and I've seen a few Star Wars sculpts that look decent, but considering that the Joes are almost always top-notch on both sculpt and articulation, I just don't see why they don't adopt that across the board.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Man, for those prices it will be tough to keep one if found in the wild. Thanks for the heads up GB! Suits can always be used. It looks like the SDCC Destro suit. Is it the same torso?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No one really knows, but I too will be hoarding that bald bastard. Hopefully he's like Namor and Absorbing Man.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Indeed.

I reckon he's gonna have a normal balljoint as opposed to the nifty-cool MU one?