Red Baron

TheHun

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
I can't remember if i posted the baron before, Well hell if you done seen it ...don't look :p He is 1/6 scale

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
she's a beaut bro. wish i could find one in 1/18 scale. probably gonna build my own some day.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I thought those first couple pictures were real. That's really impressive TH. The detail is awesome! Is he holding toilet paper in the last shot? :p

I really like how you did the B&W photo with the grain. That's a real nice touch.

TheHun

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
Thanks guys, To get the image like that ...several years ago i bought a lexmark printer and the program came with it,It's really old, I'm sure there is better software out there now but i'm old school, and yes it would be nice to have WW-1 aircraft in 1/18 and at times i really thought about giving it ago, I have a Tri plane that i purchased a couple of years ago.. but its about 1/15 scale...little to big,

TheHun

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
The fact you built that triplane from plywood still amazes me.
And that dam thing is heavy, It hangs from the ceiling in my shop, it had been hanging there for about 8-9 years, but the weight was starting to tear the wings off so i had to take it down for repairs, and decided to take some photos of it while it was down.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
That is made out of plywood? Wow! Now that's very impressive. You have quite a talent. That takes some patience and dedication.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks guys, To get the image like that ...several years ago i bought a lexmark printer and the program came with it,It's really old, I'm sure there is better software out there now but i'm old school, and yes it would be nice to have WW-1 aircraft in 1/18 and at times i really thought about giving it ago, I have a Tri plane that i purchased a couple of years ago.. but its about 1/15 scale...little to big,

So it's safe to say that you too are disappointed that the Admiral WWI birds aren't ever gonna happen?

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I know I am. WWI gets about as much love as the Crimean War in 1:18th. Actually, it's hard to find 1:32 model figures of that subject. I can only think of maybe ten figure sets of WWI stuff. Most are out of production. That's crazy when you look at the amount of airplane kits of the same era.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I know I am. WWI gets about as much love as the Crimean War in 1:18th. Actually, it's hard to find 1:32 model figures of that subject. I can only think of maybe ten figure sets of WWI stuff. Most are out of production. That's crazy when you look at the amount of airplane kits of the same era.

It's only gonna get worse the further away we get from it, to be honest.

Damn Admiral.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I agree. WWI used to be a pretty popular subject, especially for 1/72 modelers, but it seems to be fading. The old kites are still pretty popular.

Pipe dream time: Most desired WWI aircraft in 1:18th?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not unless it's on an acrobatic team.

If German lozenge wasn't so goddamn hard to paint i'd seriously consider doing my Fw 190D-9 in a WWI/II mixed livery.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
That'd be insanely cool. There's an aerodome in upstate NY near where my great uncle lives. They have some really cool birds there, all of which are apparently in flying condition. It's pretty cool. Next time I go I need to get some pics and bring them back.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Very cool. Quite the dedication.

Yeah WWI got jacked all around in this hobby, but outside of a byplane and those first gen tanks what else would you really want?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Very cool. Quite the dedication.

Yeah WWI got jacked all around in this hobby, but outside of a byplane and those first gen tanks what else would you really want?

Stroßtruppen and a Yank with a Winchester M97 Trench shotgun, with and without bayonet fixed.

Enemy Ace

More Like Enemy AWESOME!
Mar 24, 2011
Amazing custom! The triplane itself looks great, and the photography just sweetens the deal.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's neither complex chemical equations nor medieval siege warfare, give to me the WWI figures!

TheHun

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the kind words about the Old baron, The tri-plane is one of my first customs from several yrs back. who knows what the future might hold for 1/18 aircraft.
Thanks again
TheHun

Firefly76

For the Emperor!
Mar 27, 2011
Black Mountain N.C.
^^This. I have always wanted WWI erra figures. I wish some one would make them in 1:18th scale. That will likely never happen. There would be a market of oh...us.