Review: Renegades Law and Order

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Law and Order from the GI Joe Renegades figures:

One of the better figures that the renegades line offered for troop building I feel. With a few touch ups this figure can look fairly uniform and part of a squad. He comes with a vest similar to Shock Troopers and Steel Brigade but has a higher neck on it. The handle is still on the back. It did have a badge on the front but I cut that off immediately. It was bulky and looked bad.

There is a hole in the back of the vest that doesn't seem to have much use. It does hold the handle of one of the guns and kind of gives it a tactical look although no sling is there. He does come with the articulated wrists and knee pads that remove.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Accessories:

He comes with plenty of gear. Two guns, two side arms, hand cuffs, night stick, silencer, helmet, face shield and dog. Not too bad for a line that had gear trimmed on some figures.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Posing:

It is near impossible to hold every accessory. You basically have to decide how you want to pose him and with what for the scene. You can holster both side arms and the flash light all at the same time. It's a bit of an overkill but can be done. There really is not a place to put the night stick or the hand cuffs. The cuffs can be put somewhere just to have around.

The larger rifle can be put on his back with the grip. It looks a little odd without the sling but it is feasible to pose with it. The face shield fits over the top of the helmet fairly snug. Great for a riot squad.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Companion:

Now for man's best friend. The dog has a bit of a cartoon look to it but with the vest and head that moves it is a decent addition to an already great figure. The dog has a leash that is attached to the center of the vest.

The feature that is interesting about the animal is the fact that you can pose it in different ways yet still have it look at a subject unlike the other animals that only have one look.

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
Received this figure today and have to agree he's well stocked (as a few of this wave have been).

Nice figure and fits in with either Renegades figures or ARAH ME figures easily.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The vest is very similar to the Renegades Cobra Trooper. Hook one of those cuffs into the hole in the back and slip the nightstick under the butt flap (Eddieism bound) so it looks like it's one of those Snake Eyes lumbar sayas.

Cool figure, hamstrung only by the inability for most people to actually find one in the wild and the ridiculous double righthand sidearms.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The 'flashlight' is a silencer for the pistol...just like the one that came with Snake Eyes (and almost every other figure that used that mold).

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i still haven't opened my L&O up...i just feel so meh about him...i'm hoping i think of some potential custom use for him...may just end up shipping it to NV

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think this is one of those figures that suffers from not being able to carry more of their load, much like the Shock Trooper needed to be able to carry at least 1-2 more items on his person. Note I said more of, not all. The night stick and cuffs should be able to be mounted, and the fact that you can't mount them anywhere securely on the figure is disappointing. Especially the cufffs. A small clip on the back of the vest would have worked just fine. The tiny peg hole works to a degree, but I doubt it was the intention. My cuffs always fall off and they're a cool accessory. I'm worried they'll get lost.

I think the modern paint apps are great, although I do hope that we see a more-ARAH accurate repaint in the movie line (perhaps as a store exclusive?). Considering the fact that he never appeared in the cartoon this way, I think they could've at least given him a maroon t-shirt, as the rest of the colors seem to be pretty much a modern update of the classic colors, or given us a "variant" in ARAH colors. Minor gripe, as I think the figure overall is pretty great.

I will be repainting that damned dog though. German Shepherd, my ass.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I really do miss the balaclava head that was shown previously, too. These guys would've made great "Shock Trooper" alternatives for the Joes, and would have helped beef up some backup for Law, or make generic thugs/cops.

You can always use the typical Beachhead head that we've seen a billion times, but I liked the sculpt with the twin eye holes and open mouth.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Changed the description to silencer. Guess I should have looked a little better. :eek: I was a little worried that the cuffs were too fragile to take on and off of that spot on the vest. Guess I'll throw them on there. Although, I do need another pair of them and a slave Leia.....:D

You should open L&O, Eddie. It's really a good figure. I know it's not ARAH colors but a little work and you can have one. Shit, RIT dye is fairly cheap if you didn't want to paint it.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Thanks for the review MB, I should be getting mine today so looking forward to it!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for the review. I will most likely pass on him just cuz I have no use for him. It's a nice figure though.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I really do miss the balaclava head that was shown previously, too. These guys would've made great "Shock Trooper" alternatives for the Joes, and would have helped beef up some backup for Law, or make generic thugs/cops.

You can always use the typical Beachhead head that we've seen a billion times, but I liked the sculpt with the twin eye holes and open mouth.

I'm really hoping we'll see that in the Retaliation line somewhere.

Even if it's an alternate head for Pit Commando 2.0 on a POC/30th body reuse.

Maybe with Lifeline's alternate helmet as a head gear option.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think they dropped the alternate helmet for Lifeline. That sucks because it has that modern SEAL / DELTA look.

How does it look after you take that badge off MB? Plenty of little fodder pouches to replace the area if it's all jacked up.

Looking forward to doing a SEAL dog custom. Wondering which goggles will work on the dog

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, Hasbro has been skimping on trigger guard since RoC.

Words don't do justice to my hatred of this practice.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The odd thing is apparently a lot of Joe collectors like them without trigger guards. :confused: *shrugs*

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably nostalgia - didn't most of the ARAH ones come that way?

That would be the biggest crock of shit excuse ever.

Agreed, midget, agreed. Trigger guards are invaluble when it comes to posing.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I picked this guy up a couple of weeks ago and just now opened it. I'm not a fan of the character, but the figure is pretty awesome, great details and accessories.

One question, what are his main weapons called? And is the one some sort of tactical shotgun?

The head sculpt reminds me of Roger Moore as 007. I'd also like to get four or five of the face shields to use with my shock troopers as an alternative helmet accessory.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The one is definitely a tacticool shotgun. The other one is familiar, perhaps a Galil variant.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
The shotgun looks like a cut down Remington 870 or Mossberg 500/590 with an adjustable stock and EOTECH red dot sight.

The rifle is a Galil micro or SAR. Could be chambered in 7.62x51, 7.62x39 or 5.56. Hard to say from the magazine.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
The Galil looks a little small...not that I'm very familiar with firearms. Just seems so.