Sideshow Collectibles Joe and Cobra figures

I know these aren't discussed here often (or at least it doesn't feel like it). I was playing around with the 12" figures, I picked up so far, and decided to show 'em off. I added little critiques as well.

Dusty: Great design and accessories. Along with Beachhead and Duke, Dusty is a must have for me.

Snake Eyes: This is one I was so pumped to get when the line was first announced. Unfortunately I don't think the figure stood the test of time. The accessories rock, but the base body is undersized- he looks more like a teen than an adult.

Flint: The head sculpt doesn't do much for me and I would have liked to have seen slightly darker colors used for the straps and gear. Though the accessories rock- like the removable wrist watch.

Duke: Love this figure. Other than the body being loose I've got nothing bad to say about it. The attention to details is just fantastic- the dog tags are actually marked with name, rank, etc.

Beachhead: Again, a must have figure. Love the head sculpt. I've got a cloth Balaclava on the way so I don't have to swap out heads for the masked version. The one down side to these figures in general is that the accessories rarely tend to stay in place when "playing" with them. In this case Beachhead comes with several arrows that fit into a holder, but fall out if he's moved around too long. He also suffers from loose body syndrome. I couldn't get his arms to hold a pose with the gun without having them slowly fall. (same with several others.) Also Sideshow forgot to add the two little hoops to his belt so his backpack could be held in place- yes it can be fixed, but for over $100 I'd like it to be right when shipped.

Cobra Commander: I'm glad I own him, the design is flawless. And, I do really like the painted eyes- creepy real.

Firefly: Tons of gear, and fun figure. My only critique is I would have liked to have seen a sling on his weapon. Could have really used that.

Cobra Trooper/ Cobra Officer: These two I dig, and would like to pick up a second Trooper some day (I keep checking eBay for a deal). They come with loads of ammo clips (two per pouch), which I thought amusing seeing how much ammo they spend hitting nothing most of the time. :-D

Storm Shadow: Got a white Balaclava on order for him. Again with the accessories- the arrows don't want to stay in the pack. Luckily I haven't lost any. And I wish there was a place for his throwing stars.

Finally- what fun would it be without the undead showing up??

As the prices of these continue to climb I do hope Sideshow adds articulated fingers and stops with the multi hands. Overall I'm pleased with the line and hope to see it continue for a few more years at least.

Here's a look at the cloth Balaclava on Storm Shadow . . .

Now here's the exclusive version of Stalker. I didn't put the sweater on, mainly because I really liked the way the shirt looked. I may swap it out down the line. But for now I'm going to keep him this way.
My main issue with this figure is the Velcro straps, ect: they simply do not hold. I hope Sideshow works this out down the line.
The flocked Barrett is a nice touch. I'm glad t osee SS trying different things.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Nice reviews, Keenan. I dabble in 12" and Sideshow every once in a while, especially if I can find a deal.

I love that Dusty. To me, that was the best of the series. Great realistic sculpt, great accessories. On the other hand, I cannot stand the Flint figure. Such an ugly face sculpt (is he having a stroke, or just constipated?), and his head seems abnormally large for his body.

Your review is making me seriously consider saving up for a CC....You're right, those eyes are creepy awesome.

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
Very cool pics! I like these figures but I dunno, I just think I'd feel ripped off after buying one. If they make a wild weasel though(said they were debating) that goes out the window. Don't know about you guys, but when I first saw dusty had a goatee it just didn't seem right. He looks even more badass every time I see him now.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
Don't know about you guys, but when I first saw dusty had a goatee it just didn't seem right. He looks even more badass every time I see him now.

I agree, with both your initial and current assessments. It may not be classical Dusty by any stretch, but it's a phenomenal looking figure in its own right. As I said, I now consider it the best of the series.

I'm having the same dilemma right now with the Rock 'n' Roll. I wasn't crazy about their interpretation of his look when they first announced it, but every time I see it now, I'm liking it more and more.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
wow!...thanks so much for sharing and showing them off...i've wanted to see some good out-of-the-box pics for some time...they all (mostly) look awesome...Duke in particular...his headsculpt is so bada$$...the gear though, on all of them, functional and made of canvas is just freaking cool...

the guys that have been here a while have heard me say this often, but if i KNEW SS was gonna make all of the ARAH figures, i'd get into this 12" line fast

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I have all the Joes from Sideshow, and I really like them all. However, there are a few things I'm not crazy about... Beach-Head's exclusive head is not the best looking facial expression, and neither is Flint's. Also, the berets bother me. I found some extra green berets from Stalker on ebay, and that's what I'm going to use for Flint and Beach-Head. The wrong color berets (even though I know they're ARAH accurate) really, REALLY bother me.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for the pictures, I have recently picked up a few of these and I would like to get some more.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I was debating between Dusty, Beach Head and Stalker. After seeing you pictures it is down to Dusty and Beach Head. I want a Cobra Commander when I can find one for the right price.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I'm surprized more people aren't more interested in Stalker. I really like him. I think his Kukri knife is awesome, and the Exclusive sweater is actually really cool. I also like the fact that his beret is "fuzzy" and not just smooth plastic. I don't know if he's as cool as Beach-Head... close call. I am really excited about Hawk, but I am disappointed about Rock & Roll... he just looks boring. I would really like it better if we got one of the more interesting looking Joes: Blizzard, Torpedo, Spirit, Low-Light, Payload, etc. I think Falcon could be cool, but he would look a lot like some of the others.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Stalker was really growing on me, I always though Beach Head was kind of a tool on the cartoons. Those pictures totally turned me off of Stalker, for a while at least he is going to the bottom of the obsession queue.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
I really like Stalker all geared up he looks great and that kukri knive is great. I have all the Sideshow figures and really enjoy them all especially when they are all displayed together. The rock & roll with the bandana the exclusive is such a nice figure. I have no exclusives just normal ones but rock & roll was the 1st exclusive I pre-ordered.

I really want to see the Viper in person. I preordered the exclusive for the additional head. I think in some of the pictures I've seen the red padding on the uniform looks off. in others it looks fine. So I'll wait till I have one in hand to see which way he goes for me.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I would be all over the Viper if it was about 50 dollars less. I think there stuff is killer but, Will look outta' place with my other 1/6th scale figures.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I would be all over the Viper if it was about 50 dollars less.

Tell me about it, I jumped on the bandwagon late and the exclusives were sold out, I guess I am stuck paying full retail from them for a regular one. Does anybody know how their waitlist works?

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
If you already ordered an regular one, is there a way to get on the wait list and if someone cancels, you still get your other one?

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Nice reviews! When do SS Rock and Roll and Zartan come out? I hate these things are so overpriced!

If you already ordered an regular one, is there a way to get on the wait list and if someone cancels, you still get your other one?
You would wind up getting both. That's the point I'm at now. I'd like the exclusive Hawk. But in the end I want to get at least one- regular or exclusive. But I don't want to cancel the wait list if there's still a chance someone drops theirs. And on the other hand I do not want two Hawk figures.

Bravestarr, I totally agree that they're overpriced. I would have loved to see them around the $100 mark. Both figures should be out before the end of the year.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I would say $80-$100 would be a fair price. The Zartan is crazy expensive!

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011
Incredible Sideshow review! I would love to get ones but can digress from the 1:18 line..and some of them can be way beyond affordable and scare locally in PI...

MrLawless

The Unwashed
Aug 21, 2011
Santa Clara, CA
Hey Keenan! Thanks for the reviews. They aren't very technical, but we get those from other sources anyway. What was most helpful to me was your descriptions of what was wrong with the figures (loose joints, arrows not staying in quivers, etc). Thanks. Also, very cool with the Baclava on Storm Shadow. I love that you can see his mouth and nose impressions!

Totally agree with the Snake-Eyes review. It's great that SideShow is improving their bodies, and I hope they'll re-do Snake-Eyes, maybe with his Commando mask/goggles. Still, I have a feeling they'll do a LOT of other figures first.

LOVE my Cobra Officer! He hasn't got tons of gear (except clips! LOL!) but man, his body is sturdy and he poses well.

Anyway, keep up the good work and we'll look forward to more. I may have to post some of my Snake-Eyes vs Cobra Officer pics.

MrLawless

The Unwashed
Aug 21, 2011
Santa Clara, CA
I put up a couple of pics in the ALBUMS section of the site, but here is Snake-Eyes sneaking up on the Cobra Officer.....

http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=518

[IMG]http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=508[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=505[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=39&pictureid=514[/IMG]

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Hell yes to Stalker!!!!

"You're ghosting us, Motherf-er. You give our position away one more time, I'll bleed you, real quiet and leave you here! Got that!?"

:D

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Awesome! It is gonna be next summer at least before it hits! They are so behind.

Haven't been keeping up with this. Decided to make this 1/6th in general. Soooo, here we go.....

Luke- My only issue with him is the saber light is somewhat dull and very temperamental. Otherwise this is an excellent figure.

Sand People. I picked up one regular and one exclusive....