Sigma 6 customs... Don't Judge Me.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
So I realize that "Sigma 6" will probably bring all sorts of heat down on me around here. However, there were some cool characters that I wanted to add to my Joeverse... so I've taken some steps to get them.

I commisioned these from my friend, Sean Hunter, over at Hunterartworks.com. Great guy and great to work with.

Anyway, I've wanted to add some of the characters from Sigma 6 to my Joeverse, but some of the characters/heads were not available: Desert Wolf and Lockdown. Also, I really liked the Sigma 6 Flint head and it would be a nice change from the beret heads we've gotten so far. I think there's a real potential to turn these characters into very realistic additions to my ODA Team... and make these Sigma 6 characters somewhat more respectable.

So I thought I'd show everyone what we've come up with, and the good news, for those who might be interested, is that these heads will be available for you to purchase in the near future. I paid for them to be made (and that cost a lot of money), but you will all get to benefit because they'll be available to order from Sean's site in the future... my gift to my fellow Sigma 6 fans.

Hope y'all like them.
Sean, you did an excellent job sir. Well done, and thanks again.

Attachments

• Sigma Duke Desert Wolf.jpg
    Sigma Duke Desert Wolf.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Sigma Flint.jpg
    Sigma Flint.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Sigma Lockdown.jpg
    Sigma Lockdown.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 21
  • sigma snake eyes.jpg
    sigma snake eyes.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
wow, those sculpts look AMAZING, sucks that I don't collect 25th style. Can't wait to see these all custom painted!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, it could be worse, you could think G.I. Joe Extreme is cool.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I was not into Joe when Sigma 6 was around but I really h8te any Joe fig that isn't in 1:18 scale. It's cool that your into it, it just isn't for me.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Hey nothing wrong with S6 as far as I am concerned...it is what got me back into Joes as it was a Joe cartoon I could watch with my boys. If the figures weren't so expensive we would have had many more. Once the 25th came out I sold off the S6 figures and started collecting my childhood figs again. Sorta wish I had kept them now though...they were a great scale for play outside...bigger pieces that are easier to find when they fall off...just not enough vehicles and I was not a fan of COBRA being comprised mostly of BATS...I hate BATS. :D Any way - cool sculpts!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
No hate for S6 here. I thought it was great in concept, if not necessarily in execution or commitment by Hasbro. 'Course I never really watched the cartoon, but the toys (what little was produced) were fresh and had more creativity than the reinvisioning of the 25th line. Cartoony? Yeah, but at least they were relatively original (pre-SW cartoon). Had they gotten the Clone Wars treatment, they might still be making them...

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I was not into Joe when Sigma 6 was around but I really h8te any Joe fig that isn't in 1:18 scale. It's cool that your into it, it just isn't for me.

I hear what you're saying, but I think we're on the same page: trying to turn these characters into 1:18 scale figures was the whole point of this project. I did enjoy the larger Sigma 6 toys, but I would have preferred them to be 1:18 scale to use with my other Joes... this is an effort to remedy the problem.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Nice. I really liked S6 for what it was, and was sad to see it canned.
Back when these first came out I shrink a few of them for 1:18th scale as well. They make for interesting customs- only down side is the cartoonish features.

Yeah, I agree with you. I think some are more cartoonish than others... and I think that with the right paint job, these will work out pretty well.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Eh, it could be worse, you could think G.I. Joe Extreme is cool.

Those were terrible toys, and the comics were horrible. I never watched the show... some people liked it, but I never did. There are a few of the characters that I would like to incorporate into my Joeverse: Lt. Stone, Harpoon, Ballistic/Eagle Eye - but, the toys were SO bad that I won't get those heads reduced to 1:18.

You will probably be seeing custom versions of Lt. Stone, Harpoon, and Ballistic/Eagle Eye from me in the future... I'll let you be the judge of how they turn out.