Star Wars Black

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Why is the 5poa head so much better detailed and painted than the Black Series head?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro =

I mean, it is orders of magnitude better than any other one.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Why is the 5poa head so much better detailed and painted than the Black Series head?

Most likely, it's just a coincidence that they improved on the helmet design/paint while still putting the older style out there. We'll probably see this new helmet on troops in the future, since it has happened before.... although, no guarantees.

I mean, you'd think Hasbro would use the new/better helmet going forward, but it might take a little time to work it into the remaining line.

We'll see.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
I would love to get my hands on a SW team member and get the skinny on just why the hell that is.

I asked Daryl DePriest a few years back when I was covering Toy Fair for another website. His answer was that when it comes to GI Joe, they go for posability over looks, but for Star Wars the aesthetic look of the figure in a relaxed, standing position is what matters more. The crotch and joints on the SW figures do fill that requirement, and I must say that I do think they are more aesthetically pleasing to the eye without the large gaps around the hips... that said, I'd much rather my figures be able to move. But that's the answer I got from DePriest directly when I asked him.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
only have artoo. only one I've been interested in enough to buy. helped that he was mislabeled at 10 bux and that's what they gave him to me for.

Been contemplating getting Han. I may get others that come out in the line .. if it lasts long enough to come out with some characters I want.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
You should be able to find Han for cheap (same price as your R2). He'll be plentiful having been released in Wave 2 and 3. I think BBTS has him up as part of the pre-order on wave 3 and he's under $15.