Star Wars Black

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Mara Jade sold out, but not the Storm Trooper. Are there really that many people buying multiples? I don't see why the average person would want more than one or maybe 2.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Mara Jade sold out, but not the Storm Trooper. Are there really that many people buying multiples? I don't see why the average person would want more than one or maybe 2.

for her arms. I would buy everyone I ever saw if they only stocked toys around here. I don't think the average collector are the people buying her up.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I understand the need for bare female arms, but I don't see that many applications for them.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I hear ya. I have 3 females who could use the upgraded arms. Using Star Wars Luke Skywalker arms on them right now. Just a little bit too buff. So I would buy 3 just to update, than buy at least 2-3 more for future females. I would need about 6 sets total to do all the DC females I would like too. They add up quick. So my wants for them are almost 10. I'll never get ten, but just pointing out those who like making Superheroes, will be buying this figure up.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!

Because this is the last time we will get this (Book/novel/comics) version of her, after this will be whatever ep 7 version is. So people are scalping her despite a 1000 custom versions of her out there already.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
What's wrong with the 4" inch one? I've never bought any Storm Troopers, so I don't know the difference.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
Stormtrooper is a big pass for me. I have enough already. I don't need to add a sloppily painted one to the ranks. Plus a bunch of my STs have discolored so I'm hesitant to add more.

Can't wait to see how big of a forehead my Mara Jade has. HTS has shipped her.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I got Mara yesterday.. I got the small forehead variant, lol... still love the rockin' 90s do!!!

I got a couple Stormies coming too, my plan is to get the crappy 5 PoA stormie and do a head swap, did you see that beautiful helmet sculpt on that crappy figure?

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
There's a version of Mara that doesn't have the super forehead?

The hair is glued to the head in the factory, I'm sure every piece is slightly different from one another. Mine don't look bad in person. The hair prevents the head from moving though, so the figure can only look straight ahead.

I like her pistol too. It's kind of low detailed but it's design looks like the early pistols used on BSG. So it's usable unlike my collection of lightsabers and other sci-fi rifles.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My Wal-Mart has gone shite when it comes to figures, but the SW pegs are just full of just ridiculousness. Their single card selection is ancient, and those damn droid two-packs are almost as old. I'd almost like to see some damn 5 PoA SW figures. :trollface:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I know, I hate seeing those damn 5 PoA Avengers figures where the REAL figures should be, same would go for the SW ones.

Anyone know if they're doing a Christmas reset? I figure it's far too late for that.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Pics!
Mine comes tomorrow or Friday.

I have not spotted any 5 PoA ST anywhere.

Of the one I got? Like someone else said, it's just the way the lil' Chinese kid put the hair on, everyone is different.

The 5 PoA ST isn't out yet, but some Chinese sellers are starting to put those up, so should be any week now. There were about 50 STs up yesterday and they sold in a couple of hours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-s...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Those 5 poa ST's would actually look fairly good, standing rank and file. The helmet, or at least the front, looks really good for a ANH version (my favorite).

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
^

5 POA belongs in the 1980's only.

Then fire up the time machine because I fucking love them. I'm a flag waving, unabashed lover of 5POA figures.

Got my HTS order in today. I'm done for now (until my pre-order for the 5POA Missions Series comes in :thumbsup:)

Wave 3 Family Photo

Someone is getting lucky on the dryer tonight!

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
In case anyone was wondering.

Left hand is the basic 5pt saga figure, middle is the Black Series Stormtrooper and the right hand was a removable one from earlier.

And with the new head on (it's a swivel so you have to break the basic figure then drill into the solid head to make whatever joint you want). I'm using the 80s single pack MU Cyclops neck joint for swivel and tilting up and down.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Anyone have the recent Republic Commandos from the TRU pack?

NOT THESE GUYS!!!

The "smaller" ones, lol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just like mall ninjas, the cosplaying commandos err on the hefty side.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
And better hips, you rotate them up and the tops of the thighs are now out to the sides (like the Hobbit figures).

Ooo... yeah, I hate that. Back when ROTS came out, there was the "tank gunner" clone with new hip joints. They were the best thing, and Habro decided to redesign it with what we have today. Man... I miss those joints.

They should have just t-bared the goddamn things.

True, but it will most likely never happen.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I would love to get my hands on a SW team member and get the skinny on just why the hell that is.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
With the armor ending where it is.. they could have easily gave him Marvel Universe type of upper legs.. sigh.. like you guys, I sometimes wonder why they make the choices that they do. What baffles me more is that a lot of the newer designers are out age and some of them are huge figure collectors and fans.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm convinced it comes down from a source above the design team. I want to say I heard a rumor it was some faggotry perpetrated by Fatfuck Lucas.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Well... the "official" word years ago was, "asthetics over articulation". Not to mention that the designers don't have total freedom to design these things from get-go. There are standards they have to follow, laid down by the higher-ups.