Star Wars Black

Here's a look at my 6" Black series figures....

The only real issue I had with this line is that the plastic used is soft and I feel can rip easily. Even prying open the hands, so they can hold their weapons, seemed to be pushing it. Other than than I love the detail and articulation.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I saw the new X-Wing at TRU today. $59.99!! Stupid high price! I had a 20% off coupon but that only drops to $47.90 which is still too much! I didn't bother getting it.
I also saw more black series figures. Wow Biggs looked like crap! The mustache is not sculpted but painted on!!! My easy custom is better.
http://www.rebelscum.com/tac17biggs.asp head + http://www.rebelscum.com/tac14Biggs.asp helmet + X-Wing Luke body

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
If she wasn't a dumba$$ T-crotch fig, she'd be mighty useful...
The I hope to find multiples of her for the upper torso and arms alone and the lower legs look like they may be compatible with the 25th Scarlett upper legs so she can be useful as custom fodder at least. If the hair is removable I hope the resolute Scarlett hair will fit so I can use this headsculpt for my 30th Scarlett .

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That Hoth Leia for the 3.75" Black series? Might be useful for parts.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
That Hoth Leia for the 3.75" Black series? Might be useful for parts.

Yes it's 3.75, though it's not actually Leia. It's that other chick in the command center in Empire Strikes Back. The head and headset look useful, this they are separate.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
The headset looks to be a seperate piece and I always welcome a new female headsculpt ,but only time will tell and the same goes for wether or not that Luke retains the same level of articulation when the final production figure is released. So does anyone know who the Rebel Pilot is?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yes it's 3.75, though it's not actually Leia. It's that other chick in the command center in Empire Strikes Back. The head and headset look useful, this they are separate.

Ah, background character, should have known. Still, head, headset and "manual stimulation" left hand are all GTG.

You mean Grandma Leia? She's got more of a pear shape than Willrow Hood...

*snorts*:thumbsup:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
All the news sites are listing it as Leia. When I first looked at it, it didn't look like Leia to me. I'm not a big enough nerd to know what her name was though like some people *cough*darthdre*cough*

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
All the news sites are listing it as Leia. When I first looked at it, it didn't look like Leia to me. I'm not a big enough nerd to know what her name was though like some people *cough*darthdre*cough*

Says the man who created his own Shooter figure... :trollface:

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
NYCC reveals are great. Love every single one, but Training Luke and Yoda are my favorites. Just glad there aren't any PT figure being revealed. I've grown tired of them.

Kmart.com has the new store exclusive 2-packs - Ewok Catapult, Scanner & Stormtrooper, Scanner and Imperial Officer (Probably Officer Pol Treidum of "TK421, Why Aren't You at Your Post?" fame).

http://www.kmart.com/search=star%20wars?catalogId=10104&storeId=10151&levels=Toys+%26+Games&autoRedirect=true&viewItems=50&redirectType=CAT_REC

I ordered one of each. We'll see if they can get the order right. Their history is not good.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011

Hey. I founded a Star Wars collecting site a few years back. What kind of nerd would I be if I didn't know her name.

It's like not knowing who Willrow Hood is.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
NYCC reveals are great. Love every single one, but Training Luke and Yoda are my favorites. Just glad there aren't any PT figure being revealed. I've grown tired of them.

Kmart.com has the new store exclusive 2-packs - Ewok Catapult, Scanner & Stormtrooper, Scanner and Imperial Officer (Probably Officer Pol Treidum of "TK421, Why Aren't You at Your Post?" fame).

http://www.kmart.com/search=star wa...direct=true&viewItems=50&redirectType=CAT_REC

I ordered one of each. We'll see if they can get the order right. Their history is not good.

Actually a friend of mine order a Budo & he got it! :eek:

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I'm hoping mine is right. I got the shipping notice late this afternoon so I should have it in about a week.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Oh wow. I don't think there is an emoticon on the internet that could express my surprise at how silly that looks.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I don't have a problem with the 80's hair style. What I don't like is how high the hair line is on the forehead. I might remove the hair and use the head for Zarana.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
I'm ordering a full case of Wave 3 so I'll be getting her then. If mine comes that bad, I'll try to remove the hair and readjust it on the head. If that fails, custom painted head time.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've heard they're shipping from E-tailers and that there are actual peg sightings.

The review of Leia I read says she's pretty much a 4" figure scaled up when it comes to paint aps. Lazy fucking Hasbro.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
My Mara Jade order finally shipped from Amazon. Excited to see the figure in person and see if I will be able to modify the midsection.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Be wary. These were ordered from Amazon too. Luckily, the guy was willing to part with them in my favor.

BEAM

Avoids Responsibility
Apr 12, 2013
Rhode Island
Wow, Amazon is giving HTS a run for it' s money on worst packers ever. I guess that increase in free shipping isn't going to quality help.