Star Wars Black

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I know there's a lot of discussion already in the Star Wars post, so if mods wanna merge, it's totally fine.

But anyways, anybody pick up any 6' figures yet? And if so, do you like em?

Grabbed a Sand Trooper yesterday, expecting it to be a "ehhh it's cool" purchase. I was wrong. This guy kicks some major ass. Dropping $20 on him didn't seem to be a big letdown, given this is the best SW figure I've gotten in years. And just makes me more excited for Boba Fett and the plain Storm Trooper. Aaaand (praying here) the eventual Scout Trooper.

Like em? Love em? Hate em? Discuss!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I picked up Maul. Great figure especially considering he can have two totally separate looks.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm pretty apathetic about them. I think Hasbro is 5 years late with this idea. I don't see a renaissance for 1:12 figures with prices what they are. My SW days are long behind me, aside from the occasional 1:18 figure for non-SW custom uses.

Anyone still have Yarna d'Gargan in their AO? :pirate:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I refuse to pay $20 for that R2, but I have 2 ST's and Luke which are amazing. I'll pick up Han and Boba next round and possibly Greedo after seeing him in the final packaging pics online. This line is perfect for a small scale collection of your favorite characters. The Speeder bike and Scout next year have my hopes up!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Not all the 1:18th figures are going to the 5 POA, just the "basic" figures. The 4" black series, aka the renamed "vintage" line, still retains all of their normal SW articulation, including the occasional figure without the dreaded t-crotch.

I'm picking up the 6" figures, but as per my norm, only the figures from the original trilogy. Prequels suck donkey balls.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I refuse to buy anything from this line on principle alone.

Agreed...they finally add in the best articulation but at a new scale forcing those who want the extra articulation to start a whole new collection at double the price...well played Disney/Hasbro(?)/Lucas, well played...

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Agreed...they finally add in the best articulation but at a new scale forcing those who want the extra articulation to start a whole new collection at double the price...well played Disney/Hasbro(?)/Lucas, well played...

I was talking about the name of the line.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia

I'm not going to go crazy on these guys, hell I only own a handful of SW figures in general. But when I see characters that I actually like, I'll probably get them. Such as Boba, Han, etc. I'm thinking of getting Maul someday down the line, and Luke can kiss my ass until I see the all blacked out version.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Not all the 1:18th figures are going to the 5 POA, just the "basic" figures. The 4" black series, aka the renamed "vintage" line, still retains all of their normal SW articulation, including the occasional figure without the dreaded t-crotch.

I'm picking up the 6" figures, but as per my norm, only the figures from the original trilogy. Prequels suck donkey balls.
I also do not collect any prequel figures.
I'm apathetic to the 6 inch figures.
I found a 4 inch Scout trooper a few days ago.
The 6 inch line is shelf warming hard here.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
From the start I felt that there was a strong possibility that the 4" Black Series would be very easy to find. Without trying too hard I got the figures I wanted. TRU.com has them available right now, albeit one per customer. I only hope wave 2 is as easy to find, I really want that Mara Jade.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Just order it from Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CG5WZSC/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think the 4" black series is easier to find b/c there is less demand. I bought the vintage stuff b/c of the packaging. If it was a rehash figure, I'd get one for display. If it was a new sculpt or had a bunch of new accessories, I'd get two - one to open, and one to keep for display.

Now with this plain black packaging, while it looks nice, there is no reason to buy any if it's a rehash, and if it's new, I'm likely only getting one. So they lost a lot of my dollars with the switch. Maybe there are enough people starting new collections with this series that makes up for people like me, who knows. Personally, I think it was a miscalculation. I think they should have kept the vintage-style 4" figures and used the Black Series purely for the 6" line.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Damn- those be some large figures!

Nice catch!

I think an X-Wing is a bit optimistic. If they do it'll probably be like the stumpy PotF/PotFII X-Wing.

And for the price it would retail at they could get off their sorry ass and do a true 1:18 X-Wing.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
If she wasn't a dumba$$ T-crotch fig, she'd be mighty useful...

Looking at the figure again, you could easily chop the crotch off at the belt line and splice in a crotch from a Joe and then cover of the seam with a belt. Mara's upper body just looks too useful to let it go to waste. Especially considering I'm taking the arms anyway. A plain t-shirt body has many applications.

The figure isn't scheduled to ship until the end of October, dammit.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looking at the figure again, you could easily chop the crotch off at the belt line and splice in a crotch from a Joe and then cover of the seam with a belt. Mara's upper body just looks too useful to let it go to waste. Especially considering I'm taking the arms anyway. A plain t-shirt body has many applications.

The figure isn't scheduled to ship until the end of October, dammit.

Just had the EXACT same thought over in another thread.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Didn't they confirm it'll only be Trilogy figures? Or what?

I think they said the focus would be predominantly original trilogy figures, but the first wave had Maul in it, so clearly that's a loose rule at best. But I think it's a safe bet to say that EU characters are a serious long shot. I think we'll get the 23rd cantina patron from the left before we get many EU guys.