Super 7 & Funko ReAction

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Eh I bet it's no bigger than a Joe helmet, besides his helmet was a little over sized in the movie too.

It is pretty big even on a Joe figure. After looking at the head the sculpt isn't as bad as I first though. I think a decent paint app could make it a lot better. It looks like it might fit a Joe body as well. The Reaction body and cheap looking plastic throw the whole astetic of the figure off and makes the head seem worse than it actually is. It reminds me a little of the OurWar Germans.

As for the helmet here are a couple pics with Joe Colton wearing it for scale.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They need to do something useful, like the maschinenmensch from Metropolis. The 5 PoA wouldn't be too much of a detriment in its case.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
They need to do something useful, like the maschinenmensch from Metropolis. The 5 PoA wouldn't be too much of a detriment in its case.

Yeah, I'd probably get that. I am not familiar with the source but she would make a cool figure.

EE just got the UM and Horror figures in. Those are the ones I thought looked the best.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've been wanting a 4" figure of that robot since I saw the film.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Dam it, I want Parker, Brett and Lambert!

And looks like I won't have to spend $20 to make my own "Lucky Star" Ripley variant.

But that Kane with facehugger is anachronistic, he never wore that uniform while playing kissy face with the hugger. A fan-boy nit pic I know but I thought Funko would know better.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
UM and Horror just came in. These are far superior to the Rocketeer and BTTF figures. That may just be my biased-ness coming out though because I like monstery figures better.

They really got these figures to be a lot taller as well. Creature, Jason, and Frankenstein tower over the rest of them and are just as tall as modern Joes. Many of the head sculpts are fantastic. The bodies are still sub-par but that is just the styling, and I'm not too crazy about the retroness.
Later this winter I am going to setting up a cast/mold station and want to make some casts of these to be able to put onto better bodies.

I didn't get Dracula and so far my least favorite one is Wolfman. He just looks derpy.

I'll post some comparison pics up later.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Some of the Universal Monsters showed up at Wal-Mart. Grabbed the Bride, and am currently looking into female bucks to use as a base.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Some of the Universal Monsters showed up at Wal-Mart. Grabbed the Bride, and am currently looking into female bucks to use as a base.

Bellatrix from the Harry Potter line was my first thought... but i'd just like that one at all.

Don't forget you can search my Archive for "Species" and human female is its own species. I don't have the functionality to create a link for species yet but you can just type in "female" and change the drop down to species.

That'll at least give you a start.

There is also some good Padme' figures that might work...

More Padme' Figures

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was leaning towards one of the nude custom casts. The bandaging isn't hard to do, and I'll have an articulated figure to boot.

The issue is will any of them work with the head. It's on the large side.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Brian, the CEO of FUNKO, announced a few of the ReAction lines for next year.

Star Trek Classic - 2 waves
Star Trek New Gen
JAWS
Terminator 2
Boondock Saints
Breaking Bad
Gremlins
Dark Crystal

No info on character selection yet though.

I'll definitely be getting Dark Crystal and Gremlins. Maybe some of the aliens from the Star Trek lines. I'll have to see the rest before knowing if I'll get any of the humans from the rest of the lines.

They have said they will be getting more detail in the human head sculpts though so some of those could be promising as fodder.

bigbawsmcgraw

Enlisted
Jul 7, 2011
Interesting, definitely interested in Jaws, T2, Breaking bad and Gremlins. Some of the accessories with these figs will be good for customs, and if they are doing more detail on the head sculpts that can only be a good thing.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Alien w3?!

*faints*

Maybe we'll get Lambert and Dallas in spacesuits after all...or maybe they'll round out the crew with a regular Lambert, Parker and Brett!

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Another ReAction announcement today

Tomorrowland
Fifth Element
Aliens featuring a Queen!
Rocky Horror Picture Show
V for Vendetta
Munsters
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
E.T.
Big Lebowski
Fight Club
A-Team
Big Trouble in Little China
Scarface

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They would get The Fifth Element and Big Trouble in Little China. *shakes head in disgust*

Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Mike Damone "one pump chump" playset? "Moving In Stereo" Phoebe Cates deluxe figure?

Can't say I see much point in figures from that "classic". I imagine it will be a Jeff Spicoli one-off.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I'll probably get the Fifth Elements ones as well as Rockey Horror Picture show, the main guy from V from Vendetta, Munsters, ET.

The rest are meh... unless they really up the sculpting detail like they say they did.

I've never seen Fast Times so I don't really know what the appeal there is.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shit, I didn't even see RHPS there. Damn, that's a soul killer. I've always wanted good figures from that flick.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Alien w3?!

*faints*

Maybe we'll get Lambert and Dallas in spacesuits after all...or maybe they'll round out the crew with a regular Lambert, Parker and Brett!

Any of those would be great! Would like to see Lambert and Dallas in spacesuits first. To go with the Play-set.

Would Like to see them tackle Predator 2 as well.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Just took this a few minutes ago, picked up white space suited Ripley about a week ago. The gun didn't come with her, I got that out of my supply dump. Her hand is configured to hold a weapon so I HAD to find her one...although her aim is a little off to the right.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fuck, I may have to get Lo Pan on the off chance I see him. Lame that the Three Storms all have the same hat.

Saw the Terminator figures at Wally World today.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Love the card art and the deco on Jack's shirt is spot on...wouldn't have seen that in the 80's.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It is pretty swell. Almost makes me want to attempt to "Joe-ize" the torso.