Super 7 & Funko ReAction

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heads could be useful. Wish they'd let us know if Rocky Horror is going to get ReAction treatment or if it's just gonna be Pops.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Funko actually does something cool!

Funko: Funko JAWS ReAction Figures

There are also figures for Brody, Hooper and Quint, but who gives a fuck about those 5 PoA hobo turds?

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Funko has recently announced that they are reorganizing ReAction and will focus that astetic to only 70s/80s era licenses.

They have also been dropping hints regarding the more modern licenses and may be planning a more realistic 1:18 scaled line. I haven't seen any definitive announcement yet just hints so far. No word on POA or anything either so they may end up being 5POA still.
A few things modern licenses they have hinted at for ReAction were DC TV shows and Game of Thrones.

They probably won't have any real info until Toy Fair though.

Also the stones for the 5th Element line are mostly unique. 1 has wavey vertical lines, one has straight horizontal lines, and 2 with wavey horizontal lines.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I was dismayed to see they actually did different stones. So far I've managed to resist, even though I do love the move. And I'll be glad if they limited the soft sculpts to period-correct licenses, but that does little good for the ones already produced. We won't be getting another shot at those.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I actually think they're fun. They shouldn't be considered even as much as fodder for 1:18 collectors, they're just novelty Pop items as intended.

So far I've only gotten the non-George BTTF figs and Jules, Vincent and Gimp and don't plan on buying many, but they're simply funny to have. May get Heisenberg, I didn't realize it was out. My coworkers seem to love them, and they don't seem to much care for toys.

I even got one of my friends at work the Gimp. He was stoked to get such a fucked-up "kid" toy. I don't see these as any different than Funko vinyls.

Now, I won't be opposed to them making more realistic ones, but these aren't geared for us. And I'm fine with that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're about $5 too high to be "fun", in my honest opinion.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I got several on Amazon as "add-on" items for like $5 with my Prime purchase of 2 for $9.99/ea. I got 2 Gimps at the full price, and then added on Jules and Vincent for the add-on price. Averaged out to be less than retail out here in CA, considering I got them with free shipping to my door in less than 48 hours.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Hope Drop doesn't see that.

I just found out about that set a few days ago...don't know how I missed it here. But anyway, when I saw it I just about punched a hole in my monitor.

Hopefully they will go to retail carded separately once the purchase of the box set dies down.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I just found out about that set a few days ago...don't know how I missed it here. But anyway, when I saw it I just about punched a hole in my monitor.

Hopefully they will go to retail carded separately once the purchase of the box set dies down.

I would think so just like they did with Wave 2 of the Alien line.
Those were clear or dark con conventions and then single cards.
Hopefully also in less blinding colors.

You can order them from the Super 7 store if you do really want them though.

Super7 Store - Alien Nostromo 3-Pack

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I already have Kane, so I'll probably wait and hope they get separated. Now...if Kane or any of the others came with some sort of accessory, then I might have pulled the trigger.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Here are those Rocky Horror Picture Show figures you have been waiting for.

Not really, but they'll do. Only one I don't really care for is Brad. Damn, I really don't want to spend $60 on these. Oh, well.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Didn't the say they'd only do the 5poa format for actual old school properties? If so, I assume Archer will be the new 9poa, which will still likely suck due to their shitty sculpting.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*wants articulated Conan the Barbarian figures*
*doesn't want them in the ReAction format*

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Your best bet for a 'Conan' will be next year's HACKS. Dunno about Sonja, tho. That bikini is gonna be hard to fake up and I don't see them doing it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, I'm one of those that prefer the Schwarzenegger Heresy. Howard Conan customs have been possible for years.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Didn't the say they'd only do the 5poa format for actual old school properties? If so, I assume Archer will be the new 9poa, which will still likely suck due to their shitty sculpting.

They did but it could have still been Legacy or PoP! even. I hate when I'm looking for action figures and PoP!s show up. I hate those things.

Anyways they confirmed it will be in the new format.

Conan would have been much better in any other format than ReAction. I'll probably still get them though. I do love fantasy action figures.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Pops and Bobbleheads....I hate them both equally and with the heat of a thousand Trumps.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not really, but they'll do. Only one I don't really care for is Brad. Damn, I really don't want to spend $60 on these. Oh, well.

Well, I put my money where my mouth is, and bought Janet. Hastings didn't have Columbia or Frank, so I'll have to hit up a Game Stop if I want them.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015

Most interesting to see what looks like the 9poa GoT figures. I don't dig the t-hips or the lack of torso artic, but they might be worth getting for bashin' fun. Maybe keep some held aside for the Fantasy HACKS later this year or next.