Takara Transformers

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I’m going to a thing tomorrow called TF Expo. It’s the first time in KC, so might as well see what it’s about. Send a search party if I’m not back on air by Saturday evening.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Well we survived. As expected it was mom’s basement in a hotel. I’m pretty sure Eddie would not have entered the room at all. The wife slathered us in Purell on the way out to kill the troll cooties.

Good news is I was able to flip some painted movie bots for 2 untouched G1 bots. Skids was the only one the booth had that I actually owned as a kid, so actually pretty happy with the haul. For the first time in my life I own a G1 Optimus. :thumbsup:

FED3CA76-731F-42A4-B1E0-452FE69D4AC9.jpeg

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It’s amazing the memories that are stirred up having these G1’s sitting on my coffee table. I would never go all out collecting them, but will definitely pick up whatever I can from the Walmart releases. I totally get it now.

Yesterday was a dirty version of my childhood. Gather up toys you no longer want, go to the toy store / playground to shop the 100’s of colorful boxes, make a trade, then come home and play with your haul before “thanking” your “mom” for taking you. Gotta thank them hard and long when they are willing to brave that catastrophe of humanity. :pirate:

1C1488B2-086C-4ED8-B2DD-0922DF7A863D.jpeg

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
It’s amazing the memories that are stirred up having these G1’s sitting on my coffee table. I would never go all out collecting them, but will definitely pick up whatever I can from the Walmart releases. I totally get it now.

I went all-out with G1 KOs and reissues a few years ago. I have a nice little wall of MIB G1 goodness, and it makes me smile every time I walk past it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

At the very least, I need to get a Devastator reissue.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
And just like that I’ve ordered the 3pk of Coneheads on Amazon and Sideswipe from bbts. G1 collection is budding and will be limited to what I can buy at retail.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I was focused on whatever had the most "vintage" box-artwork. Wasn't successful in all cases. Sometimes got the KO, sometimes the english Commemorative Series, sometimes the japanese reissues, sometimes whatever else special edition. I just wanted to see that classic packaging goodness plastered everywhere, like my display was the wall at an 80's TRU.

Note: In my pic, there is one (and only one) that's actually vintage G1. I'll give you three guesses...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
At least narrow down by property.
I meant "of all the TFs"... it wasn't a trick question about Star Wars or japanese Joes. Besides, who talks about G1 Star Wars?! All the Joe stuff is legit, all the SW is modern Vintage Collection stuff. But only one TF is actually from the 80's...

Not Sideswipe... he's a KO.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Nope, not soundwave. He's a japanese reissue.

I'll give you some hints in a language you can understand ;)

--------------------------------

Think logically
Think about the shelf above all others [LXXXV]
Disinformation is essential
White Hat or Black?
Do you believe in coincidences?
Who has the license?
Ask yourself, which of these is not like the others?
You have more than you know

N

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I had no idea what Veritech was. A quick googs provided the answer. Or course it turns out to be my most desired and eventually prized TF when I was a kid.

Has the packaging yellowed at all? Hard to tell from the pic.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
No, not really. The packaging has a reasonable amount of shelf-wear and looks more worn than all the repros and kos. The figure appears to be in fine shape, not much yellowing or anything, but it's not MISB, just complete in an original box. I'm not made of money!

I still have my original figure, and he's in great shape too. He stands on my son's dresser, right next to CHUG Jetfire. He's the lone figure that my son actually wanted to keep out when I put the G1 stuff away.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I don't like the way the chest tabs together on the bottom, but overall, he's a pretty good figure. I was a little "meh" when I first got him, but with time and a nice set of reprolabels to give him the toy vibe, especially the chrome stickers for the legs and proper martini livery, I've grown to really like him.

I especially like that they gave him the option of being doors out or doors in. I love his stickered-up door wings a lot when out, looks like the old packaging artwork.