Takara Transformers

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Shiiiit. Alternator-sized is mighty tempting... Damn you, nacho! I guess I should prolly preorder this one, eh? Is it selling out anywhere yet?

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Well, besides Hasbro and Takara getting screwed. :) But not customers.

Were these companies impacted by the Earthquake/Tsunami/Nuclear fallout? If so, I understand and probably shouldn't expect much from them.

If I thought Takara was ever going to make these coneheads, I'd have waited. But it's hard for HasTak to get screwed if they were never going to make them in the first place. If anything, igear Faith Leader proved that HasTak needed to produce a MP Prime that was more in scale with all the other MPs. Poof, here it comes.

I actually like my Ramjet MP, and look forward to Thrust and Dirge. Heard directly from I-Gear that they should be mailed soon.

Actually, I have no problem with it. I do feel like it's a little shady, but like you I feel that HasTak would never produce these guys (or if they do, they're taking WAY too long to get them out)... plus, with the quality of the first Conehead, wow... they're HasTak quality, if not BETTER... so I'm glad I'm getting them.

How about Sunstorm? I may order him, even though HasTak may produce one down the road.

I don't feel bad in the slightest. HasTak cannot be bothered to produce new characters in this line. That might require that they make a new head or wing. Crazy talk! They are far too busy making black and grey repaints of everything.

Who the f#$% is going to pay $250 for a black and purple Rodimus? It's not even a bad knockoff character like Nemesis Prime. I don't hear the world screaming for Masterpiece Shattered Glass figures... I understand the financial logic behind repaints, but HasTak seriously needs to examine their priorities when 3rd party companies are doing better at making figs on which people really want to plop down their limited disposable income.

Agree with you. The dream is to see all 5 Dinobots in MP format, along with MP Shockwave and Soundwave (with Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak and Ravage). Now that would be absolutely fantastic.

My sentiment exactly on that Purple Rodimus. Yuck.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I would do that too, but I suspect that if they only release one of the six every few months, I'll be shipping multiple times along the way. Besides, I think they'll only let the pile sit for six months, then they ship automatically.

also, do they charge all of them at the same time...maybe its not such a good idea after all

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
BBTS charges your card when the item becomes "in stock". If you cancel it, it goes into a credit system (which I'm sure most of us would end up dipping into and using eventually, anyways).

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
With so many lines of Transformers out there, how does one even know where to start? I mean, like most people I'd want to go for the best in quality, but I'd also like to get the largest line (scale-wise) that's available for them to blend in better w/my Joe collection (I know there's no way that there's a line that would be in actual scale w/Joes). So, what's your suggestions?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If you're like me and Eddie (and our tastes usually are basically the same), it's going to be pricy. I only collect the Masterpiece and Alternator lines, for the most part. The Alt line has been done for nearly 4-5 years now. The MP line keeps going, but it's pricy at around $100-200 per figure.

I like the idea behind Classics/Universe, but they're just too small. Alternators (or Binaltech if you get the Japanese diecast versions... much nicer, but even more expensive) are 1:24 scale, and the MP line is all over the place, but they're big.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
If you're like me and Eddie (and our tastes usually are basically the same), it's going to be pricy. I only collect the Masterpiece and Alternator lines, for the most part. The Alt line has been done for nearly 4-5 years now. The MP line keeps going, but it's pricy at around $100-200 per figure.

I like the idea behind Classics/Universe, but they're just too small. Alternators (or Binaltech if you get the Japanese diecast versions... much nicer, but even more expensive) are 1:24 scale, and the MP line is all over the place, but they're big.

Yikes! Yeah, I think I'm going to have to hold out on starting w/Transformers, as I don't think I'll be able to afford the ones I want and keep up with Joes, MU and customizing.

Just out of curiosity though, does anyone have any pics of the larger Transformers w/Joes to see the difference in scale?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, I'm with MR and Eddie. I love the MP line, beautiful, big, and very faithful to the '84-'86 roots... but the Alts on the other hand do little for me. They are so far removed from their G1 counterparts that I find them more irritating than cool. I plan to customize several '84 autobots in MP scale rather than put up with "dodge viper" Sideswipe. As IF...

I do buy the classics/generations, but they aren't for me but rather for my son when he's ready in a few years. And in the last few years, I've bought a crapload of knock-off G1 reproductions in G1 repro boxes just for that nostalgic display look. It's amazing how good some of those KO's really look at a tiny fraction of vintage MOC prices.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
With so many lines of Transformers out there, how does one even know where to start? I mean, like most people I'd want to go for the best in quality, but I'd also like to get the largest line (scale-wise) that's available for them to blend in better w/my Joe collection (I know there's no way that there's a line that would be in actual scale w/Joes). So, what's your suggestions?

i know what yer saying CS...i had no idea where to start either...so i started with the most beautiful there was...MP Prime...and right now, he's the ONLY one i have...when Rodimus becomes available without his trailer, i'll be getting him too...and i've wanted Devestator since i was a kid, but the OG one is just silly as is every version released so far...until this new one got released (well, part of it)...it looks to be the most beautiful version yet...not counting Frenzyrumbles custom Devy...

and like you, i want them to be 1:18th scale too...and not only in scale to joes, but also to each other...so Prime, being a semi, would be bigger than Bumble Bee being a small car...and Starscream would be huge! and Megatron would be, uhh, pathetic :D

i'll try and snap a pic shortly of Prime with a Joe

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
bot mode isn't too bad...its the vehicle mode thats really telling...BTW, thats as far as i could him to transform...and THAT took about a 1/2 hour..sheesh..

Attachments

• IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0710.jpg
    IMG_0710.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 5

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Damn, I should've bought that last year... I have the reissue Soundwave, but need the 2 human-casette bots. RIBFIR/FIBRIR or whatever you wanna call 'em. :)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I really want to get them, but I may wait to get my other 2 Coneheads in before ordering... That's a lot of loot to have in limbo at one time from one company.

I think paired with Alternity Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, they'd look awesome with a scaled-down Prime... Which makes me wish that I could get the new MP-10, but I can't justify that after owning MP-04.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Agreed, I don't like tying up that much loot with one company either. However, I do want to get the pre-order discount, and igear has always come through for me. I've had nothing but positive experience with them, save a few delays. However, even the big guys have delays, so it's no shock that the little guys have them too.

I've gotten PP-01, PP-01U, MGT-01... plus several various heads they've made.... all without incident. And the first conehead looks great too, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

My biggest problem is that this is coming right when I'm also wanting to buy several SDCC exclusives. Too many $$$ items I want coming at once! I suppose that's better than the well being dry, so I shouldn't complain.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
oh c'mon now!...those are bada$$!!...now i want to bail on MP-01 Prime and Rodimus (both too big for these guys) and get MP-10...

oh well, gonna have to pass...i don't like these scales all over the place...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
he looks AWESOME!!!...so beefy and chunky...

thanks for the heads up nacho...

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm not going to lie though, I'm a little disappointed that the cab of the truck isn't next to his head. That was somewhat of a defining visual cue. Without it, his bot mode is not particularly distinct... but who am I kidding. He's never going to be displayed as anything other than a lower torso!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
the cab is there, its just really tiny if i'm seeing it right...but yeah, like it will even matter...

since i've had my Voltron 2007?..2006?...its NEVER been the lions...ALWAYS been Voltron, just like these guys will ALWAYS be Devastaaaa, i mean Hercules :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
WTH man?! ^^

:D

seriously, you might as well MR...once you see mine and nachos all bada$$ and assembled, you'll be paying twice as much to get one...

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That's the thing I worry about, but I do NOT need to drop another $200 on toys right now... Not that I'm in immediate need of it, but at some point, I've gotta draw a line...

Grr, looks so badass. How tall is he projected to be once it's all assembled?