Takara Transformers

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
nah, i'm not THAT delusional :D

buy you know me, the bigger the better...in scale to MP-01 woulda been nice...each truck about the same size as Primes truck mode woulda been cool...

24" would be nice, and doable...the new Voltron is gonna be that big...just say'n

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
sorry, i confused "classics" with classic..meaning, i thought you meant G1 OP...

so how tall is that CLASSICS Prime? ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
this ones cool

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
pffft, suuurrrre...you know as well as i do that the trailer will never be removed from the box :D

so i stopped by TRU on the way home...surprize surprize, nothing...i'm afraid i may have to pay a retarded mark-up to get Rodimus...

retail price is $60, and d!ckheads are already charging $90 (the lowest i could find) and up before shipping...suck my s$$ you scum of the earth...

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
they're just too small IMO...totally bada$$, but too small...especially for the cost...if they were in scale to MPs, i'd be all over them

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Hmm... You think they'll sell out? I am still waiting on getting my other MP jets... I know, silly, but I'm just being cautious. When the hell are those supposed to ship? It's August!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
if they were say the size of at least Rodimus, i'd hop on 'em...but a van being smaller than a sports car...nah, i'm good...

i have a very small TF collection as it is, and i really don't want them all out of wack with each other...really wish they'd all pic a scale and stick with it...sheesh

also, i transformed Hot Rod today into his vehicle mode...took like a 1/2 hr...quite simple when you get it down...good thing he's durable...going back to bot mode took like 5-10 mins...

i'm considering getting another one and using him as a base skeleton for a custom figure i'd call Hazzard...anyone wanna guess what the vehicle mode would be?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
been eyeing these guys for a while...not too $$$ and they look great, specially in bot mode...and if they're tiny, i don't care, cause they're bugs...hmmm

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Gah, those guys do look great. How much are they? Are they a set, or individual?

This is the year of the 3rd party TF manufacturer. I haven't bought a single thing from Tak/Has besides Rodimus. These guys keep pumping out better stuff, but I just can't get them all! Not that I can't afford them, I just can't justify spending all that at the same time... Gotta keep in check... But dammit, they look awesome.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
$47 each...individual..."Thundershred" is in stock now, the other two say next month i think...

shoulda waited for retail Rodimus...$60 vs $200+?...big savings...plus, no dumba$$ trailer and you get Offshoot

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sounds like the figures are 4.5" tall, which would just about work considering they're supposed to be smaller... Hmm.

exactly!...they could be an inch tall and it would be cool, especially if they were identical in every way to the actual releases...

if they are really standing by the G1 versions in the pic in post 110, then your estimate is prolly right

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
wanted to show off my weathering of Hot Rod to the few guys that might care...

gave him a simple wash with diluded black and highlighted with silver and gun metal...

really REALLY hard to get it to show up...

there was a great tutorial from the pre-crash, i mean pre-crush site on weathering Gungans(?)...if i can find it, i will most likely go back and do a better job with the tips from that site...

also plan to rough up the Constructicons too...

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 9

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Gundam Eddie, Gundam…. I can't find the link I posted, sorry- just google "vehicle weathering", that should help you out.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
yeah, i've got that skill down pat nacho...but Midge had posted a link on the pre-crush boards that a lot more in depth detailing...shading, battle wear, gun shots, blaster damage, dust, rain streaks, rust etc etc...

so anyway, i found the link... http://codyscoop.com/ht-building.html ...if you have time, check it out...great tips throughout

Attachments

• P0007981.jpg
    P0007981.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 4

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
wanted to show off my weathering of Hot Rod to the few guys that might care...

gave him a simple wash with diluded black and highlighted with silver and gun metal...

really REALLY hard to get it to show up...

there was a great tutorial from the pre-crash, i mean pre-crush site on weathering Gungans(?)...if i can find it, i will most likely go back and do a better job with the tips from that site...

also plan to rough up the Constructicons too...

Oh, btw, that looks pretty awesome. I can't bring myself to paint the Takara versions as they're expensive as shit, but if I got the Hasbro version, I'd be tempted to do that myself.