Takara Transformers

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yikes, too bright for my taste.

yeah, but so is this, and its AWESOME!!!

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Absolutely.

I love reading the summary on Sunstorm:

"Taking advantage of Sunstorm's growing popularity, Dreamwave Productions opted to include a similar but re-imagined version of the character into their equally re-imagined 21st century version of the Generation One universe. Here, Sunstorm was a clone of Starscream, one of many Transformer clones created by Shockwave after investigation of the cloning technology of the Quintessons. At an early stage in the cloning process, Shockwave experimented with installing fusion reactors in his clones, but their bodies burnt out, unable to contain the energies. A solution was reached, however, when Shockwave coated the Starscream clone in the element known as electrum, allowing it to contain the fusion reactor's energies.

In 2003, Shockwave succeeded in accessing the massive data content of Vector Sigma, the mega computer at the heart of Cybertron, and although he was stopped by Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus before he could examine the data for himself, he was able to transfer a compressed version of it into his computer network, sending it to a terminal in one of his laboratories, clones were being held in stasis. The Starscream clone was exposed to the data, and the sheer amount of information dumped into its mind drove it insane, forcing it to simplify what it was being told into the most basic format it could comprehend. Calling itself Sunstorm, the clone escaped and, following what it had learned from the data, headed for Earth, intending to open a mysterious Cybertronian seal buried away on the planet, for which he needed Starscream.

Forced into an alliance with the Earth-based Autobots to save his own skin, Starscream reactivated the frozen Jetfire, who deduced Sunstorm's clone nature and developed a power siphon to drain off his energies. In the ensuing battle to attach the siphon to Sunstorm, Starscream betrayed the Autobots left to guard him and escaped to further his own ends, only to be pursued by the weakened Sunstorm, and for them both to be set upon by Omega Supreme. In order to escape, Starscream blasted the siphon off of Sunstorm, who overcame Omega and took Starscream to the site of the seal. Professing that only Starscream could open it, which he did, Sunstorm unveiled a mysterious subterranean chamber, overflowing with an energy-rich liquid that could give Starscream similar, but directly-opposite, powers to Sunstorm's. Unwilling to risk his life in the ooze, Starscream turned on Sunstorm, blasted him and sending him tumbling into the liquid, only for him to emerge, moments later, his powers flaring uncontrollably as the opposing natures of the two energies began to tear him apart from within. Descending even further into his madness, Sunstorm was engaged by Jetfire, who dragged him out of Earth's atmosphere, where Sunstorm exploded.

The precise nature of the data Sunstorm received from Vector Sigma, the true purpose of the Cybertronian seal on Earth, and the nature of both his powers and that of the opposing energies remain unrevealed - and due to Dreamwave's closure, it seems unlikely that any answers will be forthcoming, but given the events of the Beast Wars and Beast Machine series, it is likely to be the same as the organic core of Cybertron."

Starscream at the mercy of his clone brother Sunstorm

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunstorm_(Transformers)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
the 2nd and 3rd Insecticons have been pushed back officially to September...well duh, its now September, soooooo...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Is that UM upgrade the one scaled for the mini-Prime KO? ("Faith Leader"). It'd be kick ass if they did a full-scale one for MP Prime, but that's probably unlikely.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
dang!...though its not like it matters as i woulda waited for the 3rd to show up before shipping...

i musta got in on a second pre-order

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I highly recommend them. I decked out a good portion of my Alternators with them, and the printing/cutting is top notch. I'd also get a few faction sheets while you're at it.

I think I'm going to get the Insecticons, and I hope they make sets for them too.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i wanted to get them rub on (dry or vinyl) decals, but they haven't gotten back to me on details about them...their products may be good, but the customer support sucks major a$$

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
yay!...though i'll likely not use all the lables that comes in the set...still considering the rub sigils and maybe not thesets at all...if, ya know, they ever get back to me...:rolleyes:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Dammit, Eddie! I just got all 3. Are you happy?

Now I gotta figure out what to do about Reflector... Get that Scout set with all 3 matching guys, or the TFClub one?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dammit, Eddie! I just got all 3. Are you happy?

it's you who'll be happy :)

Mandingo Rex said:
Now I gotta figure out what to do about Reflector... Get that Scout set with all 3 matching guys, or the TFClub one?

i've been struggling with that too...

the first, more G1 looking set is really cool in its own right...but the camera mode is kinda small...and displayed as a camera, everyone who sees it would know it wasnt real...too small and weird colors...the best thing it has going for it, is that its available RIGHT NOW for more than likely, a lot cheaper than the TFC version...

the TFC one is less G1, but in camera mode its accurately scaled AND it looks totally real...if left on a shelf, no one would have a clue it was a toy that turns into 3 robots...but, its bots are not all the same size, it might not be G1 colors (thats good and bad) it'll likely be quite pricey, and who knows when it'll be ready, if ever...

yeah, tough choice for sure...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Makes me glad I got him. I just did a freelance illustration for $450, so that helps pay for 75% of him...

http://www.seibertron.com/transform...ototype-image-updated-with-more-images/22749/

i'm so insanely excited for Devy its stupid...i can't stop looking at how beautiful this toy is...

i really hope by the time this thing is fully released, that either they have revised the headsculpt, include a second visor head...and thats not really out of the question...they had an issue with the scoop/shovel on Scavenger and already are including the fixed/improved version with Long Haul, so just maybe, they'll listen/hear the fans and make tis correction...

and thinking about it, it may be a year before this thing is done...i think Scavenger was released in July, but i didn't ship him till August...i realized that last night and it made me sad...i thought 6 months was gonna be forever a wait...a whole year?!!...UHG!!

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
why does TC look so much better than Tak/Has seekers?

Because iGear was smart enough to fix the damn tail fins so that they hang off the legs, balancing out the figure, instead of hanging off the hip like some sort of samurai sword kibble.

That's how I display my HasTak versions, but they look awful if you display them in the "correct" manner. Even with the fins attached to the legs, they still have that unsightly peg on the hips and the fins don't stay on well.

I admit it's a tad shady that iGear is making these as a blatant ripoff, but I've got to give it to them for fixing those awful tail fins. That's my biggest peeve about the entire Seeker mold.

I may end up getting that TC. Damn you, nacho! I have the Takara one, but since I've got no room to display all my stuff, I never even took him out of the box. I may wait to see if Wal-Mart does a Thundercracker, but since he's not been announced at all, it's highly unlikely it'll be anytime soon. If the price-point were say, $80, I'd go ahead and buy it tonight.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Damn Eddie! That Devy looks awesome. Is that a fan color, or official? The only thing I dislike is the giant gray mixer drum. I wish it was green and not all gray... But other than that, he looks amazing. And so do all the smaller bots.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
for starters, thats a fan 'shop job, its what "PS *asian writing*" means...

personally, i like the grey drum A LOT better than a green one...it breaks up that a$$load of green and helps it stand out more, not only as part of Devastator, but it points out even more the individual pieces/vehicles that make up Devatator...its the reason why Scrapper was always my fave part of him as his bucket foot was easily recognizable as part of a front-loader...and i like seeing more black/grey be incorperated into Devy as opposed to so much green/purple...it helps break up the brightness of him...

there is one thing that i don't like...the tiny cabs...its like they are an afterthought...though, them being so small almost makes Devastator seem more gigantic...just imagine the scale of the people that would fit in those tiny cabs compared to the size of the people that would fit in the cabs if they were normal size...

also, i wish Bonecrushers plow was in its entirety up on the shoulder as opposed to being split between his shoulder and forearm...just like with Scrapper, it being all together helps define him more as what he is (a bulldozer) when its all together in one piece ...plus, it would make both forearms more uniform side to side...