Takara Transformers

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The rims are what kill the car mode for me like those ghetto ‘Dubs’ toy cars
That turned me off as well. Then slap those "TOON ACCURATE!!!!" speakers on him and he looks even more ghetto. No interpretation of him had those ridiculous wheels. Why would TR do that??

And hopefully jinbao fixes those arms, as they could hang past his knees in that pic. Or maybe the thighs are really short.
If you look at the way the elbow hinges (quite brilliantly, really), the arm won't get "longer" when straightened out. The forearm swings attached at the front of the elbow which stays in place. The elbow is inside of the forearm so when bent there isn't an unsightly gap. I used that same design on Bruderstator because it was so elegant.

IMG_0078.JPG
IMG_0080a.jpg

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There's really no way to fix the issue as long as everyone insists on the bots and alt modes all being EXACTLY - down to the millimeter - the same size. There's no way to fix it without having the upper arms hiked up way high. There's no way to fix it without having tiny forearms. And extra long thighs don't change gorilla arms.

When you have enormous upper arms (because the alt modes have to be the identical size of the other alt modes), this forces the forearm lower. When you have a proportionately large forearm, that exaggerates its length even more. The designers could move the entire arm up, but then that looks weird.

I feel bad for designers. They could fix the issue, but then everyone will complain about smaller arm bots. Toyworld almost had it with their partsforming (and people complain about that as well) crotch/thighs adding length, but they went and made crazy long elbows for.. who knows why. They could've designed a better elbow that wasn't so long. Maketoys also came close, but Giant has tiny forearms.

I was able to get perfect proportions only because I didn't have to worry about individual bot/alt mode sizes. I could have smaller arm vehicles that have the thumbs fall right in line with the crotch. I could have shorter elbows that didn't have people crying "But they don't bend 180°!!" These 3rd parties don't have those luxuries.

As long as the fan base insists on identically sized alts/bots, the proportions are going to be wonky without add-ons to hide impossibilities.

IMG_0819x.jpg

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And that's vs the original with extensions. Extensions that I do not like. They make those legs look spindly. It's the high trousers thing all over again.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That makes me smile. These two are manufactured as well as the Fanstoys I own. The diecast is polished so smoothly that you can’t distinguish it by touch. Excellent rachets.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe it's poorly transformed, but geeze, TT's alt mode looks awful. I like the MS bot mode most aside from the arms. They are just way too beefy.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I like the big arms and don't care about perfect toon accuracy. Right now, I'm leaning Magic Square, but TE is a close second. I can see myself with both when all is said and done. My growing Prime collection is already absurd.

Just look at the back of the legs and tell me which one is the official. I swear, TT is just phoning it in and doubling the price. I feel bad for the people still intent on giving them money.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I noticed one pose where you could see red above Optimus’ foot, inside the calf. I just can’t side with anyone willing to buy an official.

I got my Gravity Builders A group today and can see a big leap in engineering in B. Scavenger is pretty cool, but Bonecrusher is rubbish in both modes. Mixmaster is the gem so far.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You joke, but seriously, having no one to take care of us/bury us when we're old and pooping our pants is my biggest concern not having kids. How downright selfish! :pirate:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Up there in the hinterlands, when you've had enough and nobody to care for you, you can just step outside your door, sit down on the iced over front lawn and freeze, just like the Eskimos do. :troll:

"Good bye, cruel world..."

Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well, that's not why I had kids, but it's a consideration. If anything, I will try very hard not to be a burden to my kids. They can send me to a home and just make sure I'm not mistreated, that's all. But I do enjoy teaching them stuff, watching them grow, and hanging out with them. My son has developed quite a sense of humor, and I look forward to taking him places. He even makes mundane errands more fun. Plus I do want grandkids in a couple of decades, and I want someone who cares about me to get all of my stuff, not some random relatives.

When I think of my life had we foregone kids, I think of all the free time, vacations, and extra money... but I also think of how lonely our house would be. I would have just turned into a grumpy old man 30 years sooner. But kids are definitely not for everyone, and I wish more people would think long and hard before breeding... however, I know my life specifically would be lesser without them.

Soooo, robots? Yeah, the boy got several transformers for x-mas this year. He specifically asked for combiner wars starscream. Leave it to him to want a figure that's no longer in production.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They can send me to a home and just make sure I'm not mistreated.../QUOTE]

Wouldn't hold my breath on that last part. Nursing home mistreatment is statistically getting worse and worse every year. And as we replace ourselves with people who are told we're the devil and we are the cause of ALL of their strife and will not share our compassion for ourselves to care for us... yeahhhh, keep those expectations lowwwwwww.

TFs...does your boy like the G1 3rd party figs at all, or just new stuff?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I know nursing home mistreatment is bad... that's why I'm counting on the kids to at least look for the signs and at least minimize the damage.

Alex sees all my 3P stuff, but he's not overly obsessed with G1 the way I am, plus he knows the 3P stuff is expensive and often fragile. He's perfectly content with Hasbro's offerings in the CHUG realm, stuff that's maybe G1 inspired but not slavish. As long as Ironhide is a beefy red guy and sideswipe turns into a red car, he's not fussed by the details.

I think we're going to watch the Combiner Wars/Titans Return/Power of the Primes trilogy this weekend, which should be right up his alley. He was excited to give me the Devastation game for the PS4 (the kids wrapped them up for my birthday and I played dumb), as I know he'll want to play it.

He'll never be as big a TF junkie as I am, but his passing interest still does my heart good. He saw the new Seige Starscream at the store about a month ago, but he decided he wanted the Combiner Wars version for christmas b/c it would match his CW Thundercracker he got a year or two ago. He didn't want the seekers out of scale with one another, so at least he's not one of "those people". So I had to hunt down starscream and skywarp on the secondary market for a reasonable price. And Santa brought him TR Tripticon (because BBTS is practically giving them away).

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I wanted to replace the Nemesis Prime I had downstairs in the main living area with artsy/history pieces. I ordered Gigantor since he’s the very first super robot and then Grendizer since he looks like a carnival demon and still covers the whole fist shooting robots we all remember from childhood. Grendizer shows up today, so I’ll get my first peek at the quality that SOC fans rave about. We’ll see.

D300F2BC-235E-485C-BF7C-A0D7F45D8B16.jpeg5734FE78-D330-4CA7-A393-3A64DC43EACD.jpeg813248FB-3BD0-41F3-9935-C7BFF331414C.jpeg

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The wife and I found the English dubbed early 60’s cartoon of Gigantor on Amazon video. I highly recommend watching an episode since it’s free if you have Prime. Always good to see the roots of our hobby and who doesn’t like 1950’s b&w animation with catchy theme songs?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Ok, these figures are quality. It’s up to an inch taller than an MP car boy, but the shipping weight was 3lbs with no extra packing materials. Just a chunk of automotive paint covered metal with 2 trays of accessories. I definitely will not make a habit of buying $140 6”-7” figures, but Grendizer certainly fills the adult display robot slot that I had open.

Best ratchets I’ve ever felt.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Sadly Grendizer costs more than either of his friends. Thankfully my boss bought him for me for all the ridiculous hours I’ve been working the past couple months to make our deadlines and earn our bonuses.

E85DDC79-EF9E-46D2-A2ED-959E725AAE00.jpeg

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
nacho , you need to buy your son Siege Wars voyager Optimus. It might be the best Ops Hasbro has ever made and you are sure to get a kick out of it. Better articulation than most 25th Joes, perfect season 1 headsculpt and silky smooth movement. Makes you wonder why they have not been able to make actual actions figures that also transform before this line. This guy was made to live on a desk for fiddling with. Arm kibble pops right off, but giant back panel is pinned. When I’ve had my fun transforming him I’ll probably tear off the back pack and keep him at work.

4E10E901-652C-4A8B-9F27-76CE485AF5A4.jpeg5D48E573-6597-4D02-9A13-4AE9CB88D6BD.jpegA5D380FA-DD07-4A24-B654-9DE0EFDCB77D.jpeg

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Nice! I bought him Power of the Primes Optimus for x-mas along with CW Megatron. He needed the larger versions b/c he already had the big seekers, and it wouldn't do to have starscream looking down on megatron. Otherwise, I'd likely have opted for the new one.

I saw the G1 reissue Prime at WM this morning. Nostalgia had a big pull on me, and I had to buy it... until I went past the price checker and found out it's $50. Fuck that, Hasbro. It's a $15 toy at best. Fifty fucking dollars for a trailerless reissue. Hell, I paid less than that for the full trailer G1 KO version that looks better on the shelf.