Takara Transformers

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Agreed. I have seen several pics like that, and they make me reconsider too. However, they largely seem to obscure the little square grill and the fact that his torso is so short and squatty. When I then see him standing straight up, I'm far less enthused.

When there is a $100 KO, maybe I'll get over my hangups, but there is zero chance I'm paying $300-400 just for a nostalgic action pose.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Exactly how I see him too. The midrift is awful, but cover it with an arm and a crunch and suddenly he's the Prime of my dreams. The old man head is perfect to my eyes and what makes my nostalgia gush. Come on trailer-less KO that I'll never transform!

Reactions: nacho

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
His little skits are bizarrely insane, but I agree with almost everything he said about the figure.

I feel zero need to trade up from the first version. It's been on my shelf long enough that I am used to whatever flaws it may possess, especially when the 2.0 is such a hot mess.

That's true for almost all of my MP-style figures, official or not. They're all "good enough" at this point. It will take something vastly superior to pry more money from my hands.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
ThreeA/ThreeZero/Sideshow. Since all of my MPs are now packed away to make room for the nursery and I have a self imposed 2 bot shelf allowance in the living room, I decided to go for the nicest (most adult) representation of Optimus Prime I could find. Since he’s on preorder for my bday, Bee got the Christmas slot. ThreeA does such nice work it makes me wish I had stopped demanding my Transformers transform ages ago. I have a tub of Siege figures handy for when I need to scratch that itch.
1578143533833.jpg

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
ThreeA does such nice work it makes me wish I had stopped demanding my Transformers transform ages ago.

That's the drum I've been beating about the little revoltech figures for years. So poseable, so much personality, I never cared that they didn't turn into something. I have tons of other TFs that do that. Right before the holidays, I got the new Revo Prime 2.0. It's bad ass. Ironically, it doesn't use any classic revoltech joints, but the poseability is off the charts. I really need to post some pics.

Only downside is that he's a lone soldier scale-wise. Not quite CHUG, but way too big for legends. He's about 6" tall. But he's cool enough that I don't even care all that much. I can't imagine there won't be a matching Megs in the near future.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Haha, of course. You knew that was coming eventually. It's Hastak's standard MO these days. But the improved noggin was inevitable. They'll make a yellow version with the correct head soon enough.

Then I'll buy the KO of the good yellow version, and I'll mod it to hide that gawd-awful butt flap. Then I'll compare it to my modded Omni-streaker and see which one gets to live on the shelf. But I gotta say, not once have I regretted my choice so far. The Omni figure with fixes, stickers, and a CHUG head looks pretty damn spot-on. I don't transform him, but then again, I don't transform any of them, so it doesn't matter.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Sooooooo, Mp-51 Arcee is a future thing (no pics yet). If history is any indicator, it'll look great but have a butt flap, be way too short, and cost $150.

Transformers Masterpiece MP-51 Arcee Pre-Orders Coming Soon!
Well, there's no flap, but it has a backpack the size of a ford explorer, and I was spot on the price.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I saw that this morning and thought what an oddball thing to produce. You are right though, if Spike and Sparkplug were 4” I’d be banging the F5 key for preorders to go live.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Hasbro continuing to knock it out of the park. Basically every accessory from MP figures that we care about in one pack for Earthrise figures.

1593200882369.jpeg

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Could have sworn they made a 4" Spike Witwicky (Maybe it was a custom) I think the only reason he havn't seen one is because we would all be asking for a 1/18th scale transformer for him to ride in.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Could have sworn they made a 4" Spike Witwicky (Maybe it was a custom) I think the only reason he havn't seen one is because we would all be asking for a 1/18th scale transformer for him to ride in.
I’ve seen those too. I wonder if Eddie ever bought them to go with his 1:18 Prime, Sideswipe and Devastator?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Maybe it was a custom.