Takara Transformers

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Agreed. I've never been tempted to go for the FT or HasTak version of Hound. I love my dark green toy-colored gundog. He's so chonky!

I don't have FT Jazz preordered, but I suspect I'll pick him up if I can. I have Downbeat and Hova... and both have strengths, but at this point, it's probably a safe assumption that the FT version will best them.

In general, I'm still averse to replacing figures I'm happy with... but when it comes to '84 carbots, I don't mind owning mutables unless I feel one is perfect (see Gundog).

I bought one of the trailbreakers... one of the earlier ones, but to be honest, I can't even tell you which one. They all look the same. :LOL:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
That's funny. I put a deposit on him this morning at ShowZ. He looks impressive.

When I die, I think my family will just bury the optimus prime collection with me rather than trying to sort them all out. I think this will be my 6th "MP Prime", not counting the knocked-up and down versions. I keep saying I won't upgrade, but they just keep getting better.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Also, I got tired of waiting for the reissues of FT Astrotrain and pulled the trigger on one of the high quality KOs for just over $100. Seems like a deal if the figure doesn't suck.

I'm surprised this seems to be the first FT figure to get KO'd. You'd think half of them would have gotten the chinese treatment by now given what many of the out-of-stock figures go for these days.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Holy moly!

Reactions: nacho

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
The crazy thing is I probably would consider breaking the bank for a 1/18-1/16 scale Optimus Prime. (Even without trailers)

But my scale OCD allows me to pass on anything I won’t be happy with down the line.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I'm guessing you guys are already aware, but just in case you aren't, I ran across this:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I got Pangu Prime in the mail today from ShowZ. He's 18" of pure Magic Square goodness. Very solid and stable.

20240216_135011.jpg

EDIT: According to Eddie, I got very lucky, as a great number of these have arrived to anxious customers with one arm being completely broken off. Eddie compiled a fix for his and showed people how, but as you can imagine, lots of people are still very unhappy, especially the ones with no tools or fixing skills. Couple that with CNY where no one on the continent is answering emails, and Pangu is taking a lot of heat. But mine is great. I love him. I'll be putting KU 1:18 MP Sideswipe with him soon enough.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
18”? That’s ginormous!!! Looks awesome, and very true to the cartoon.
He's a knocked-up 4th party figure based on Magic Square's second attempt at an MP Prime. I use the original v1 Magic Square as my display Prime, but I have v2 as well. V2 is definitely more toony and takes a lot of cues from MP-44. But both MS versions are better than MP-10 and MP-44, IMO.

Reactions: ThunderDan19