theterrordrome.com is shutting down

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Wasn't a member there myself but still sad to hear this news.

It Is Finally Time To Say Farewell « Articles « | G.I. JOE NEWS: Toys, Movies, Cartoons, Comics & More! Plus Reviews, Forum Discussions & Collector Resources! | The Terror Drome
Quote:
After nearly seven years, I am finally shuttering the doors here at The Terror Drome. The site has been on life-support for the last two years at least. Part of that fact has been due to the fact that G.I. Joe has been on life-support itself. The brand is not what it used to be and just can’t sustain as many Joe fans that are still out there.
There have been a lot of good times here, I’ve made some many of friends through here. Sadly I have to say there has been a number of people I wish I would have never met too, because it has been emotional time over the nearly seven years here. Sadly in the end the frustration of dealing some people has made the site something I’d rather not have to deal with.
So here we are today. Looking back at the years here it is finally time to say goodbye. On May 7th, the site will shut down for good. Before that happens, I would suggest you contacting anybody you would like to continue talking to if you haven’t already done so. If you have the only copy of an image uploaded here, I suggest you saving yourself a copy too.
If you are looking for somewhere else to hang out and talk G.I. Joe, I suggest trying HissTank.com, YoJoe.com and JoeBattlelines.com. These guys have been staples in the community for a time longer than the TD and hopefully continue for years to come.
Thanks to everyone that visited The Terror Drome and enjoy it. You are the people I am thankful for. You will be able to find me over at PopCritica.com posting about G.I. Joe and other pop culture news.
See you on the flip side.
Jason

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Sounds like a lot of drama happened.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
They've only been around since 2009? For some reason I was thinking they were one of the sites that has been around nearly as long as yojoe.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I remember when they opened, I was hopeful they'd take some of the buzz from Hisstank, but it never happened. They seemed to be a step behind when it came to news and they didn't have the user base to sustain them. Still sucks to see them go.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Jason is from around here. Met him a couple times. Really good guy. Funny that the site got as big as it did as he started it primarily just to show his site building skills for his resume. So as sad as it may be to see it go, I think it's pretty impressive considering its original intention.

:salute:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Not really surprising since there hasn't been enough Joe to keep even the hardest core Joe fan busy. Sad to see them go though...

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
To think that a bunch of grown men caused enough trouble to get a guy to shut his website down.

Fucking assholes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't think we're goin' anywhere, but a couple of key members being out means the flavor might change.

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
UPDATE!!!!

Good news everybody!!!
update via a post on OG13
http://www.theterrordrome.com/

I agree with most of the posts here about community, thats why I took the site over from jason and am keeping it open. we are having forum registration issues right now. but the site is still there. for what it is worth.

I am not posting this to pimp the site, or anything like that. just to say I appreciated what I read here and agree with you all when it comes to community being the best reason to have the site.

from TTD
Six Years. Six Years this site has been here. It is only a few months older than my son. So why are we still here? Well, I didn’t want to see the site go away. Let me be honest. I Don’t really think we have any chance of ever being as big as we were. G.I. Joe itself is never going to be as big as it was back in 2008. So why save it? Let me explain something about this site, its history, and me.
I came to the site about 3 or 4 months after it was started. I was a lurker on Hisstank for a while and before that was on Toynewsi and I was looking for somewhere with the right atmosphere. Friendly, welcome, funny, laid back and nice to new members (noobs/newbs).
Hisstank is a great news site, but the forums aren’t the friendliest of places, especially to Newbs. Toynewsi even back then wasn’t a very active forum, though the news aspect is and always has been great. So how did I end up here? Well, while I was lurking on Hisstank, I saw a few different people I thought were hilarious start disappearing. AmberBratt, banned from HT, HissCommander, banned from HT.
So I followed them to a site that seemed to welcome those reprobates with open arms. And I found the Chat Room. The one thing none of the other sites had. Instead of Posting a comment and hitting refresh all day to see a response, I could talk to these people and lurk to my hearts content. Thats what drew me in. The atmosphere, the openness, dare I say it……the community.
This is going to be sacrilege, but I don’t consider myself a Dromer first. I consider myself a Geek and a Joe Fan, and when I first moved here there were people from all different joe sites meeting together. Joebattlelines, HT, YOJOE, all were welcome.
Then the drama hit, and did it ever hit, for those who were around at the time, you know what I am talking about, for those who weren’t, I am tired of dealing with it, so I am not going into it. Instead of leaving the site, I stayed here. Why? Because of the friends I had that stayed. Because this site was still a community to me. It wasn’t loyalty or hatred of any one person. It was the site, I was loyal to what this site was. I became a Dromer.
And that brings us to Now. I guess now I am THE Dromer. The Boss. What The Flying F@@k On A Pogo Stick Am I Thinking!!!??? This Site is never going to be big, we are never going to have the post counts or traffic of HT. We are Never going to grow like we did before. But hopefully we can stay a community, and maybe grow some.
So Why Save It?
Because I don’t want to lose this Community. Help Me Keep It Alive.
TOO LONG DIDN’T READ?
Bottom Line, I am the Boss now, the site is still here.
Want to talk about it? Post in the forums.