TL;DR

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
So yeah, I logged into my Facebook after about a month absence, only to discover I'd been kicked from the group, apparently for "guilt by association" with Tofujesse.

They probably kicked me to keep me from seeing the shit-talking going on there. A shame I have more than one profile. It allowed me to see this little bit of backbiting from our very own starwarsgeek:

"Yeah I feel the same way. I was pissed about what was going on over on the HISStank forum where they were basically hanging him out to dry and making an example out of him, since the same things have gone on with others who shall remain nameless... but I guess they were correct to put a stop to it.

It just sucks that no one is allowed to promote there now, because love them or hate them, it's the biggest Joe site of them all. And due to the fuckups of guys like Jesse and Aly to name a few, none of the other casting sites in good standing can promote there."

So we're comparing Jesse to Aly now, are we? I mean, we get it, SWG, you want all the casting business, it's evident in everything you post, even if publically it's passive aggressive and not as bold as this post... but then, I guess in a "private" group it's a little safer, right? A shame that you owe pretty much all the good stuff in your inventory to recasts you've made of TJ's stuff.

I can't believe sometimes what a bunch of crybaby horseshit makes up the action figure collecting community. It's even worse when it comes from people who are always asking for special things. Some of the guys whining on the forum are guys who TJ stood in line for at con, to buy them exclusives at COST without an extra dime for his time and trouble. And then to just kick friends of his so that you can have your little knitting circle of complainers go unchallenged? Sons of the Forgotten is definitely a henhouse, because it reeks of chicken shit.

-CC

Stryker927

Cobra Project Manager
Aug 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Isn't your quick reaction to what SWG wrote and assuming his motivation just as dramatic and immature? Not trying to stir the pot, just asking?

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
Isn't your quick reaction to what SWG wrote and assuming his motivation just as dramatic and immature? Not trying to stir the pot, just asking?

Not quite, because I'm willing to post publically and take my hits if I deserve them. I don't need a private forum to feel protected and make sure my views go unchallenged.

I think it's just a build-up of frustration. There are guys that just want to bitch and complain. Has TJ screwed some stuff up? Absolutely. Has he tried to stay in communication with people and get things fixed? I'd say the evidence says yes. Even while on his fucking deathbed last year, he tried to stay in contact with everyone... something many of you well know, since you were able to call him in the hospital. To compare him to Aly is just straight-up, self-serving bullshit... especially when in public forums or when in communication with TJ, SWG is all smiles and friendship. I think his agenda is pretty transparent.

Yeah, TJ's got some detractors, but they represent about 1% of the total volume TJ has done since starting casting for the community. Unfortunately though, they cry the loudest... which is fine, until they outright lie to make their complaint seem more serious.

And no, this isn't HISStank. If it was this thread would already have been deleted for not crapping out rainbows and sunshine.

-CC

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Not to make light of anything but,

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
I don't even know what sons of the forgotten is.. Anyone?

It's one of those Facebook group things for customizing.

Hey, if I'm out of line, I'll apologize, but I don't think I am. But then, I've always been one for saying to someone's face the exact same thing I might say behind their back. I'd rather be thought a reactionary asshole than a backstabbing gossip.

-CC

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
It's one of those Facebook group things for customizing.

Hey, if I'm out of line, I'll apologize, but I don't think I am. But then, I've always been one for saying to someone's face the exact same thing I might say behind their back. I'd rather be thought a reactionary asshole than a backstabbing gossip.

-CC

No worries brother. Just remember, the bulk of us take it all lightly, make jokes out of everything.

I took what SWG wrote more as just frustration talking over HT practices, venting. I honestly do not believe he meant anything personal. Just getting it off his chest.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I'm just not sure what this thread is supposed to accomplish. Yes, we know TJ's had issues. SlayerDave had issues. Aly has whatever his issues are. Being a fat useless fuck, probably.

But.. why are you bringing bullshit drama from an unaffiliated Facebook group here? All you'll manage to do is stir the pot with a caster who you called out for having his own opinion on things. Hell, I've said it. I'm not a caster, but TJ's recent failings haven't done the casting community any favors. Sure, he's trying to work through it, but it doesn't help people who've been fucked by others in the past. This doesn't diminish TJ's ability or quality of work, only his ability to get things done on the massive scale he's had to face down by himself.

People are frustrated. I think they're allowed to be. You take everyone's frustration with Jesse as some kind of personal affront and I just don't understand it. In your world are people not allowed to be frustrated? I may be playing devil's advocate here, and it's perfectly reasonable for you to vent.. but it's also reasonable for others to do the same. You tend to repeat yourself every time someone has an issue with TJ.

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
Maybe it's because I see how hard the guy works, and how he goes out of his way for people, and then some of those same people can't give him the common courtesy of contacting him before venting their spleen. I see him give advice on casting to other casters who then try to undermine him. I watch him stand in line at SDCC and waste his time buying exclusives at cost for people on the forums who then can't wait to vilify him because it's more fun to be assholes than it is to show a little grace and class. I see guys who've been shorted $10 of product falsely claim that he shorted them the entire $200 they've spent over an entire year. And I do it because I'd defend any one of the guys on here who I've had good experiences with if I thought they were being unfairly vilified.

If this is not the place for it, I accept that. The mods can shut it down and warn me and I'll abide by that decision, but I think clusters of guys on here talking shit but not having the balls to do it where they might be challenged is downright cowardly.

On the flip side, I like all the smart-ass responses, so at least THAT isn't all sturm and drang. :D

-CC

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Maybe it's because I see how hard the guy works, and how he goes out of his way for people, and then some of those same people can't give him the common courtesy of contacting him before venting their spleen.

Not everyone works in the same way you wish they would. But jumping to the defense the way you do doesn't make anyone listen to your point of view any more than they listen to TJ's explanations. Some people just aren't going to listen.

I see him give advice on casting to other casters who then try to undermine him. I watch him stand in line at SDCC and waste his time buying exclusives at cost for people on the forums who then can't wait to vilify him because it's more fun to be assholes than it is to show a little grace and class. I see guys who've been shorted $10 of product falsely claim that he shorted them the entire $200 they've spent over an entire year. And I do it because I'd defend any one of the guys on here who I've had good experiences with if I thought they were being unfairly vilified.

I'm not saying that defending him is in some way wrong and you need to explain yourself for it. But from the outside, it appears you take it all as a personal attack upon yourself, and then you strike back in the same way you feel everyone is attacking TJ. Just in this thread, you 'attacked' SWG because of what you ASSUME his motives were in what he wrote, rather than looking deeper into it, or even bothering to ask politely for clarification. The rest of us don't see what he said the way you do, because we're not all up in arms defending Jesse.

I can agree totally with what SWG said that got you so enraged. He's not comparing TJ to Aly as a person. Just that their present business practices aren't good for the community. Regardless of what Jesse is TRYING to accomplish, he's just not getting things done timely enough for us. And we're fickle bitches when it comes to our stuff. We demand it yesterday. And unfortunately, the people who complain about being shorted and/or not getting their products, liars or not, are going to have the loudest voices. Being just as loud as them isn't going to fix it, or change their opinions.

If this is not the place for it, I accept that. The mods can shut it down and warn me and I'll abide by that decision, but I think clusters of guys on here talking shit but not having the balls to do it where they might be challenged is downright cowardly.

On the flip side, I like all the smart-ass responses, so at least THAT isn't all sturm and drang. :D

-CC

We try not to shut threads down unless it gets to the point where.. actually.. have we ever shut a thread down, even when it got heated?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Fuckin toy drama. :rolleyes:

If you can't deliver x amount of casts, then don't take the fucking order. You'd think that would be common sense with every 3rd party supplier including those that produce full scale vehicles or upgrades.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
There's so much I want to say... but I'm tired of the drama. So I'll keep it brief and just say this.

Ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you that I will say what's on my mind to your face. I pull no punches. I hold nothing back. I'm an honest, straight up guy. And it gets me in trouble more times than not, but that's the way it is.

I love how you copied and pasted that one single post, completely out of context tho.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
There's so much I want to say... but I'm tired of the drama. So I'll keep it brief and just say this.

Ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you that I will say what's on my mind to your face. I pull no punches. I hold nothing back. I'm an honest, straight up guy. And it gets me in trouble more times than not, but that's the way it is.

I love how you copied and pasted that one single post, completely out of context tho.

so, you're a tough guy eh? Not afraid to answer to those who ask you questions? Fine, here's a question for you tough guy, mayonnaise or miracle whip? come on! answer me like i'm one of your french models!

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California

Except that we never get that kind of "honest, straight up" commentary here. You definitely were a lot more direct once Freeman kicked everyone out of the group who might call you on it.

I'd have liked to have added more context to your comments... but I haven't found a way to post all the phone calls you've made to TJ asking for help and advice, trying to get information on how to cast jackets, web gear, etc. to show how two-faced your comments were.

If you don't want drama, the best option is probably to keep snide comments to yourself, especially when it comes to people who are your competition. (Competition you draw much of your own inventory from.) It makes your comments seem particularly suspect.

-CC

Last edited:

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
OK... here goes.

I have indeed called Jesse several times, asking questions about how to fix things that I have screwed up, or to ask questions about the best way to do this or that. I've emailed him numerous times as well. I've never said that I never asked for help. I've admitted it in public forums and groups as well.

And Jesse has been more than gracious to help me with any questions that I have had for him. He's never told me to go fuck off and figure it out for myself. He's always been friendly and cordial. As have I.

However, as I pointed out - you copied and pasted one post that I made. Completely out of context. And completely without any of the other comments that were made. Yes, it was a "private" group, but since I don't own or run that group, that is out of my control. Had the group been public, I would have said the same things. I've said things that are not very favorable about many people in open, public forums. I've never shied away from that. As I said, I'm the same person in real life as I am online. I say the same things. I do the same things.

But, back to my post. And the things you failed to post, that I said. For example - you missed the part where I said that I went to HISSTank and got into it with CIAD over the way he roped Jesse over the coals. That I was pretty much told that if I kept up asking questions, I would get banned. Or the part where I said that I thought it completely out of line to do that to him when SlayerDave and Aly did the exact same thing, and never had threads about them. In fact, Aly STILL does it, but it gets swept under the rug. But that's an entirely different conversation.

I hold no ill will towards Jesse, or DarkWynter, or Raging Spoon, or basically any other casting store or website that sells casts. To infer that I am two-faced towards anyone is completely incorrect. I'd like you to show me where I said anything negative towards anyone that I'm friends with.

Now, before you re-post my comments that you already posted, I'll just say this to clarify. I did not, nor would I ever, compare Jesse and Aly on a personal level. It's just incomprehensible. The point of my post was to say that the casters who have been using HISSTank to promote their products, who have screwed up, have ruined HISSTank for all the other, non fucked up casting sites. Such as mine. And TheAngelForge. And Vortious. And Stocos28. If you think that HISSTank's new ban on promoting a personal casting store ISN'T because of Jesse's current situation, quite frankly - you're just fucking stupid.

So we're comparing Jesse to Aly now, are we? I mean, we get it, SWG, you want all the casting business, it's evident in everything you post, even if publically it's passive aggressive and not as bold as this post... but then, I guess in a "private" group it's a little safer, right? A shame that you owe pretty much all the good stuff in your inventory to recasts you've made of TJ's stuff.

OK, so... I'm trying to put everyone out of business, and make myself the ONLY person that can cast products in the world? That's pretty much backwards. Let me ask you this - why would I have wasted my time to make a pretty intensive, step-by-step video series that shows EXACTLY how to do exactly what I do, exactly HOW I do it, if I didn't want anyone else to cast products? Why would I help several people who watched those videos and contacted me, asking questions and asking me for tips on how to do the things that I've outlined in those videos?? If you'd like the names of those guys, I'd be happy to provide them for you.

And I'm sorry to say that "all the good stuff" in my store did NOT come from Jesse. Have I purchased casts from Jesse? Yes. Have I purchased items so that I could cast them for my own store? Yes. Did I tell Jesse up front that was what I going to do? Again - yes. And Jesse was fine with it. But do me a favor - list the pieces that you feel are 'the good stuff' and I'll see what I have originals of, and what I got from Jesse. Take your time.

I can't believe sometimes what a bunch of crybaby horseshit makes up the action figure collecting community. It's even worse when it comes from people who are always asking for special things. Some of the guys whining on the forum are guys who TJ stood in line for at con, to buy them exclusives at COST without an extra dime for his time and trouble. And then to just kick friends of his so that you can have your little knitting circle of complainers go unchallenged? Sons of the Forgotten is definitely a henhouse, because it reeks of chicken shit.

OK you lost me now. I'm not sure how this has ANYTHING to do with me. I've never asked Jesse for any 'special things'. I asked him if he had extra stuff left over from SDCC that I could buy, but - surprise - he never got back to me. He didn't stand in line to buy anything for me. I'm not in charge of that group, so I didn't kick anyone out. So I'm not sure what that has to do with me.

Maybe it's because I see how hard the guy works, and how he goes out of his way for people, and then some of those same people can't give him the common courtesy of contacting him before venting their spleen. I see him give advice on casting to other casters who then try to undermine him. I watch him stand in line at SDCC and waste his time buying exclusives at cost for people on the forums who then can't wait to vilify him because it's more fun to be assholes than it is to show a little grace and class. I see guys who've been shorted $10 of product falsely claim that he shorted them the entire $200 they've spent over an entire year. And I do it because I'd defend any one of the guys on here who I've had good experiences with if I thought they were being unfairly vilified.

Again - you're leaving out some very important information. I'm guessing here (and if I'm wrong, my apologies) that the person you're referring to was the one that made the little video showing his messages back and forth with Jesse via Facebook. That you left out. He contacted Jesse several times, as apparently have others - and was told things were shipped, and they would be given tracking information. But that never came. Dark Horse here on this forum was told numerous times that his items were shipped, when - in fact - they never were. I'm not saying that there aren't people out there who will do the things you've posted about, but no one here has done that, and - again - that has nothing to do with me. I realize that it doesn't mention me, but since this thread was started about me, I'm going to go on the assumption that most of the things posted here will be pointed towards me. But I know what happens when you assume...

You really do seem to take people speaking bad against Jesse extremely personal. Like somehow, speaking about Jesse is an extension of speaking about you. I'm not sure why you have such a man crush on Jesse, but you might want to ask him about what's going on before you start running your mouth next time. You should get your facts straight before you post things that are completely out of line. Or better yet, next time you have a problem with me - come talk to me personally. I'll tell you exactly how it is. Straight up and in your face.