TL;DR

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Oh yeah, you also missed the post where I wrote "If Jesse is so overwhelmed with work, maybe he should shut his store down to play catch up. Even Aly is smart enough to shut his site down every few months so he can fill the orders he received the year before."

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
swg and jesse have both been very good to this community. And everyone, jesse included, has been very open about the issues he's had. While we all wish it never happened, I have tremendous respect for Jesse for acknowledging the issues and taking the long slow steps to recover from them. We all wish him the best.

Same with SlayerDave. Hate that he's had issues, but we wish him well as he recovers.

Along those lines, I don't think that SWG's acknowledgment of those issues faced by several in the casting community are necessarily with any ill will or malicious intent. The issues faced by many have no doubt had a negative impact of one degree or another. I doubt anyone would deny that.

That being said, if anyone compared jesse's character to a certain asshat caster, then I'd get my shorts in a knot too. But I feel certain that swg would not do that. Hell, swg is the least objectionable yankee I've ever encountered!

Captain Charisma

The Cult Of Personality
Aug 8, 2012
California
C'mon, SWG... any time you can you make sure to post in people's threads and slip in the subtle dig about how you don't have ANY problems getting orders out, you do it. I'm not the only one who's noticed it, I'm just the only one who's (so far) been willing to call you on it publicly.

As for taking attacks on Jesse personally, well, I do defend my friends. I'd suggest you're the one with the "man-crush", however, since you're the one that's always on his jock. You do know people can see you camping his thread, right? Scrambling to get every hard-to-get cast in his store so you can try and offer it too? And then undermining him at every opportunity?

Yeah, you posted "If Jesse is so overwhelmed with work, maybe he should shut his store down to play catch up. Even Aly is smart enough to shut his site down every few months so he can fill the orders he received the year before." But as that ends up sounding like another one of your frequent passive-aggressive digs, it think it supports my argument more than it does yours. And again, if I've misinterpreted that, well, you need to understand that when you comment on a competitor, that's what it's going to look like.

Let's be honest, the policies of HISStank aren't designed to make any sense, just to keep everyone stroking each other. No casting stores being promoted has more to do with their back-alley deal with Broken Arrow than it does anything else. Can you honestly picture them starting a thread to make Aly fulfill all his orders?

And again, the comments I posted were particularly pointed in a private forum; I've never seen you address "fuck-ups" so harshly here.

So if I've misinterpreted you, SWG, I'll be happy to apologize. A lot of guys are certainly happy to give you the benefit of the doubt, but comparing anyone to Alyosha is pretty much a red flag for me, and whether it was your intent or not, that's what it looked like you were doing.

This response is admittedly brief, but if you wish, I'll address your post more thoroughly when I have time to do more than skim it.

-CC

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
C'mon, SWG... any time you can you make sure to post in people's threads and slip in the subtle dig about how you don't have ANY problems getting orders out, you do it. I'm not the only one who's noticed it, I'm just the only one who's (so far) been willing to call you on it publicly.

I'm sorry bro, This is one where I totally don't get your point. That's called Capitalism. If he feels he can provide a service better he can say it. Its advertising. Companies have been using that tactic forever, cause it works. Its not ill-will, its self promotion. It's up to the customers to truly decide.

I have had no issues from any caster. Jesse has provided a great service for me as well as SWG did recently, my first purchase of many to come. Quality was tops from both.

That's all I have to say.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
If this is not the place for it, I accept that. The mods can shut it down and warn me and I'll abide by that decision, but I think clusters of guys on here talking shit but not having the balls to do it where they might be challenged is downright cowardly.

Who said anything other than SWG on here? Did I miss something?

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I think this is a huge over reaction because I read that post as two casters had issues and it caused a problem for others.

And I have never seen anyone take issue with SWG about him touting his store. The guy ships fast and yes he even screwed up one of my orders but he fixed it and tossed in an extra piece as an apology.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Damn guys. We got fellows getting attacked in comic stores, people calling out casters, and Fred Broca constantly asking our opinions on very political topics. Custom Con is going to be a bloodbath!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Damn guys. We got fellows getting attacked in comic stores, people calling out casters, and Fred Broca constantly asking our opinions on very political topics. Custom Con is going to be a bloodbath!

All part of Daremo's plan to make his Kumite the bloodiest ever. Absolutely brilliant too as he never even posted in said threads. That's ninja skills right there.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Just my $.02 I've never dealt w/ Jesse personally, or business wise, but from what I've heard he's a good guy. I have dealt w/ SWG, and if I remember correctly I think we actually met at Slayer con a couple of years ago. He's a good guy, and he is right about how if some one is behind on orders they should close for a little while, and get caught up. Heck that's part of the reason I'm closed right now. WE 8-10, and 8-17 were pretty big weeks, and on top of that one of my plastics went bad on me, and I have a few parts I need to replace for people because of the old plastic, and I have a bunch of parts people sent me that I'm trying to get molds made of. So when things kind of snow ball a little too much for me to be able to take care of in a couple hours in the morning before I go to bed, or on my days off it's time to close up, and get caught up.

I really appreciate the mention I got earlier SWG. To be named in the same sentence as Angel Forge, and the others who are currently getting things right feels pretty good.

Now as to the original poster I'm just wondering if you ever read the 411 thread, because there are a couple of pages about this in there, and basically what has been said elsewhere was said there as well.

I know I'm new here, and all, but most of the guys on here know me from at least one or two other sites I frequent, and they'll vouch that I hate to see anyone dragged through the mud. Especially after what was said about me by my own mentor when I started to kind of set out on my own. So please just don't go around trying to start stuff. If you have a problem w/ what someone posted about some one some where then handle it there, or in a pm, but not in open forums.

Hell that's how casting store disputes SHOULD be handled. Although I do understand that if the caster isn't answering your contacts then the public forums are definitely the only option.

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Seriously, I'm not sure why you have so much animosity towards me. I've "known" you since the old RS days, and you always seemed like an OK guy. If I ever did anything to slight you, I honestly don't know about it.

Unless you're mad about the Nick Fury thing... is that it?

For those that don't know (and that would be... everyone) last year I purchased some items from Jesse that were going to be recast for my webstore. One of those items was an old school Nick Fury head - think David Hasselhoff, not Samuel L Jackson. I thought it was a copy of the (at the time) super hard to get Marvel Universe Digital Subscription head. So I bought it, molded it, cast it, and put it in my store. A short time later, CC contacted me and informed me that the head was actually an original sculpt that he created for Jesse, and not the Marvel piece, and asked me to remove it from my store. Which I did, immediately. I apologized for my mistake, and I thought everything was cool. I guess I was wrong.

Except that we never get that kind of "honest, straight up" commentary here. You definitely were a lot more direct once Freeman kicked everyone out of the group who might call you on it.

First of all, I have no control over who gets kicked out of what group on FB since I'm not an admin or in any position of power in said group. Secondly - and if you had some kind of secret account you could have seen this - there was no mention of anyone other than Jesse being kicked out. That was it. Matt Slaymaker decided to leave after Jesse was removed, but other than that, it was not posted that others had been kicked out. So I'm sorry to say that you're way off base in claiming that I was 'a lot more direct once Freeman kicked everyone out of the group who might call me on it.'. Sorry.

If you don't want drama, the best option is probably to keep snide comments to yourself, especially when it comes to people who are your competition. (Competition you draw much of your own inventory from.) It makes your comments seem particularly suspect.

You really, really seem to keep harping on that one. What's the problem? Jesse knows full well that I purchased items from him with the intention of recasting them. If he's OK with it, why are you so angry about it? Are you some kind of silent partner, funding Jesse's operation from behind the curtain, unhappy with the way he runs things all of a sudden so you're lashing out at me?

For the record, I sat down and looked thru some of my recent sales, and here's a list of the pieces that I can recall shipping out on a regular (i.e. at least once a week) basis. Let's see how many came from Jesse.

1. Tony Stark unmasked - sorry, I didn't get that one from Jesse. In fact, I don't believe Jesse even HAS that one in his inventory. But it's my best seller ever, and if Jesse wanted a copy of it, I'd be more than happy to GIVE him one. I wouldn't even sell it to him. I'd GIVE it to him. SWG-1, TJ-0

2. Maria Hill - again, sorry, I didn't get that one from Jesse either. SWG-2, TJ-0

3. BnB Sgt. Slaughter - this one I'm going to put down as a tie, and I'll explain. I had the original BnB Slaughter, and had the head in my store. But one day when I was talking to Jesse - I probably called or messaged him to ask for help with casting some jackets or something - he mentioned that he was casting the Slaughter head as 2 separate pieces, the hat and the head. That sounded like a great idea to me, so I asked him if I could buy one or two (I think I actually bought five) so that I could remold that head in the 2 part style. So, I had it, but I upgraded to Jesse's version. SWG-3, TJ-1

4. MU Sue Storm - sorry, not from Jesse. SWG-4, TJ-1.

5. Dragon Ball Z Bulma - again, sorry, not from Jesse. SWG-5, TJ-1.

6. Black Cat - sorry, got this from a Japanese Gashopon figure. SWG-6, TJ-1.

7. Thor series Sif - guess what?? SWG-7, TJ-1.

8. Dexter - sorry. SWG-8, TJ-1.

9. Various HALO helmets - I have about 10-12 different ones, and they all sell fairly well. But none of them came from Jesse. I did get 2 of them from Marauder Ruben tho, if that counts any, and if you want to defend him for anything. SWG-9, TJ-1.

10. Clutch - sorry again. I have 2 versions of Clutch, one normal and one where I cut the hat off and flipped it around. But I didn't get either of those from Jesse. SWG-10, TJ-1

So as you can see from my quick inventory scan, out of my top 10 selling items, they were all procured by me. I gave TJ a tie on Slaughter as I already stated, but even if I didn't get his version I still have of my own.

Doesn't mean that the parts I bought from Jesse don't sell. They do. From time to time. But not as quickly as the ones I listed above. If you want a full list of sales, LMK. It might take a while to put it together.

Call me on what? Promoting my store? Clearing my name? Standing up for myself? I don't see anything wrong with any of those actions. If I were taking out billboards on the side of the highway or forum ads that said "Toju Jesse's mom wears ugly sneakers and he ships real slow, don't buy from him, but from SWG instead" I could see how that would be a negative thing. But this isn't politics. I'm not doing any mudslinging here. But when people start throwing around comments about how "every casting shop around ships slow" you can be goddamn sure I'm going to speak my mind, and tell people not to lump me in with the other slackasses who can't get their shit straightened out and take 4 months to ship their orders, if they ship them at all. People have ordered from Broken Arrow, Slayer, and Jesse and had a bad experience at each shop, so they lump ALL casting sites together. That's just wrong, and I make sure people know it. I make sure that people know when they order from me, I ship 99% of my orders in 24 hours. See, I did it again. And I have no problem promoting guys like Stocos28 and TheAngelforge who also ship within a day or two 99% of the time. I've ordered plenty of their items and gotten them in a matter of days - not months.

As for taking attacks on Jesse personally, well, I do defend my friends. I'd suggest you're the one with the "man-crush", however, since you're the one that's always on his jock. You do know people can see you camping his thread, right? Scrambling to get every hard-to-get cast in his store so you can try and offer it too? And then undermining him at every opportunity?

That's funny. I didn't see you standing up for him over on HISSTank when they dragged his name thru the mud, made a list of 25+ people that were all owed product or refunds, and tried to communicate with him regarding it. I didn't see you voicing your opinion over there, or posting about how wrong it was for them to do that. I did. I went to HISSTank and sent several messages to CIAD regarding it. And yes, the only 'real' public conversations regarding it were done in a closed, secret facebook group. Sorry. As for 'camping his thread' - unless you can get stats from forums or his webserver, and can obtain my ip address, there's absolutely no way you would know that I refresh his store 63 times a day when he's about to post up JoeCon items. There's no way that you would know that I sit in front of my pc with the F5 key furiously pumping, like it's SDCC Monday on HasbroToyShop.

As far as the undermining goes, I'm still not sure where you're getting that from. Are the comments you are posting Jesse's words, or just your opinions? Has Jesse expressed some concerns regarding me that you are just relaying here? Because I've spoken with him several times (as you know) and we're always cordial and pleasant to each other, so if he has some animosity towards me, he's playing nice to my face and hating behind my back... isn't that the same thing you're accusing ME of doing?

Just FYI - Jesse mentioned something to me the last time I spoke with him about getting together and doing a joint project with me. Shortly after that, I was contacted by a guy who wanted an exclusive figure made, and I approached Jesse with the idea of working on that with me, but he was too busy at the time. I ended up doing the project with TheAngelForge instead, and it went pretty well if you ask me.

(WOW my post is too long, and the forum won't let me post it... I have to break it up into 2 posts.)

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
(Continued from previous post)

Let's be honest, the policies of HISStank aren't designed to make any sense, just to keep everyone stroking each other. No casting stores being promoted has more to do with their back-alley deal with Broken Arrow than it does anything else. Can you honestly picture them starting a thread to make Aly fulfill all his orders?

That may be so. But there's no denying that casting sites like Vortious, Stocos, and myself - not to mention Jesse who had a 350+ page thread - were allowed to promote themselves openly in the forums, have request pages, have pages where people could see photos and information on products that we were bringing into our stores... but that all ended once the latest Jesse witch hunt ended. So again, if you DON'T think that was the reason behind putting an end to it, you're just fooling yourself because you can't see anything but positive things when it comes to Jesse. It may well have been a smokescreen. It may well have been the spark that HISSTank had been waiting for, to finally put an end to all the non-Alyosha casting stuff that was taking over the 'Tank. But to the average person - it's more likely Jesse's fault for that happening.

This response is admittedly brief, but if you wish, I'll address your post more thoroughly when I have time to do more than skim it.

I'm not going to tell you what to do or what not to do. If you feel that you have more to say, go right ahead. Me? I have spent too much time writing this novel already, and I have work to do. Don't want those orders to pile up on me :D

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I think when it involves someone's business, it should be the owner that defends himself. Someone else with knowledge attacking someone else on a public forum makes you appear as a representative of Jesse's, when youre not trying to be, and I'm not sure that's what he would want.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I think when it involves someone's business, it should be the owner that defends himself. Someone else with knowledge attacking someone else on a public forum makes you appear as a representative of Jesse's, when youre not trying to be, and I'm not sure that's what he would want.

I agree with Giga, here, though it seems less of a representative, and more of a rabid attack dog. And unfortunately, it doesn't help to shine a favorable light on Jesse or his business to have someone attack someone else, even if you think the other person is in the wrong.

So then it seems that if anyone ever has anything negative to say about Jesse's business, he'll just send good ol' Captain Charisma to 'set them straight' by being argumentative and pretty one sided.

Not that it's your intent to be an attack dog... as you said, stepping up in defense of your friend. But even your defense is flawed. You attack SWG, accuse him of saying this and meaning this, and when he gives his side it's like you respond with: "Nah, that's not good enough, I'll continue to replay the same accusation until I get a better answer."

Personally, SWG has defended himself competently, been clear and concise with his answers, and even went further in depth to prove to you that he hasn't done what you accuse him of, and still you persist. And he doesn't even HAVE to prove it to you. You're not Jesse's legal counsel, you're not some manner of authority figure on the matter, you're just Jesse's friend. Give it a rest, man.

Alyosha, as much as I dislike him, certainly can and will defend himself, even if his defense is usually laced with 'Hey fuck you asshole, you're wrong!'. I'm sure if Jesse had an issue, he would be more than capable of standing up for himself, as he has in the past.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
See it's forums like this, and MUCC where people love making fun of the drama, instead of adding to it that give me hope that someday the drama queens will be purged from teh interwebs.

Seriously though SWG gave a clear, and yes long winded, but fun to read response.

Oh, and SWG my 16 yr old saw your initials in this post, and said you need to add a word beginning w/ an "A" after Wars, and before Geek. He suggested Atomic, (Star Wars Atomic Geek), but Awesome works too. Then your initials would spell SWAG. Though he is my son, and my dad is from Maine making him a full Maine-iac, and me 1/2. So if I'm half Maine-iac that would make my son what 1/4 Maine-iac? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Sorry my train got derailed what were we talking about?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Don't beat yourself too much...I learned it not to long ago myself...

When I signed up at HT way back in 2007, I had to ask what "TRU" meant :laughing emoticon we don't have:

I'm pretty sure a thread got started as an abbreviation dictionary...

Dark Horse

Ultimate Z-list celebrity
Just read this thread.

Here's a funny thing. Jesse messaged me on FB the other day saying a guy PMed him saying I called Jesse a liar and thief. Jesse wouldn't tel me who it was but I guess it's pretty obvious now.

I never said either of those things to anyone, in secret or on an open board. I may have said something about it being bullshit that Jesse said he sent my order over TEN TIMES to two different addresses, but I'm sure we can all see that was warranted.
I have only ever posted stuff about my order in the appropriate thread here after my FB messages went unanswered. I gave Jesse the benefit of the doubt every step of the way. Life happens, and that's fine.

I finally got my order after 11 months (well, my friend in NC got it as apparently Jesse can't get items delivered to my house), but I already know parts are missing. No big woop though, as the parts I really wanted were going to be charged after they arrived.
To be honest, it's been so long that I ordered the stuff that I don't even customise Joes at the moment anymore. My original Darklon gun that I loaned Jesse to cast and sell got lost though. Not happy about that.

So I'd appreciate that a certain person who has NEVER dealt with me directly or even knows who the fuck I am or how I do business to please shut his whiny bitch backstabbing troublemaking mouth. It's fucking pathetic.

Oh, and it was me that put the MotUC sculptors onto Jesse so they could both make some $$$. I did that before my order arrived. Why would I try and help Jesse out if I was telling others he was a thief and lair? Herp derp.

Oh, and one more thing. I have been dealing with SWG for years and years, and he is one of the most honest, friendly, helpful and respected guys I know online. He always tells the truth, good or bad. He's had a few parts of mine to be cast on the backburner for a while, but has always kept me updated. He's never said something was done when it wasn't. That is how things should be done.

All CC is doing is causing more trouble and making Jesse look bad.